• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

Gutter has such a comedy view on players and tactics/formations, and expresses in such a 'I know everything ' way, but couldn't say more laughable things... Quite charming really.

Wanyama doesn't excite me. But he's better than what we have. Personally I think we need two midfielders - put dire back as CB back up, sell mason, bentaleb and Alli as young understudies. And two new, class midfielders.

Wanyama is very good at what he does and we certainly don't have that type of player at the moment

Personally I think for the £20m he would cost we should use the money in better attacking players who will help the defence as well as attack (like Son) but I guess we will end up with who we end up with

I was very impressed with Wanyama when he was at Celtic. They fudging loved him up there. I remember back then there were lots of links to Arsenal which didn't materialise into a transfer obviously, but I could see why they might have been interested. In fact I was hoping Spurs might go for him but after his first season at Southampton I was less impressed. My general opinion was that we dodged a bullet.
However last season he looked like a changed player and was excellent for the most part. I'm not totally sold on him but as all our other targets seem to be falling by the wayside I guess he's worth a go. £20mil is a bit steep but the market is a fudged so who knows what a players true worth is these days.

I was very impressed with Wanyama when he was at Celtic. They fudgeing loved him up there. I remember back then there were lots of links to Ar5ena1 which didn't materialise into a transfer obviously, but I could see why they might have been interested. In fact I was hoping Spurs might go for him but after his first season at Southampton I was less impressed. My general opinion was that we dodged a bullet.
However last season he looked like a changed player and was excellent for the most part. I'm not totally sold on him but as all our other targets seem to be falling by the wayside I guess he's worth a go. £20mil is a bit steep but the market is a fudgeed so who knows what a players true worth is these days.
Most of my mates are Celtic supporters and they thought he was brilliant, I was never really impressed because he could be very rash. I saw him at Southampton a few times and was actually pretty impressed. He's matured well and could do a real job for us I reckon.

If im a midfielder who attacks when we attack and defends when we defend and sits in between when we are........well inbetween, does that make me a central midfielder still? Double pivot my arse!

always thought he was the better of the two last season between him and schneiderlin. he did a lot of schneiderlins work just with less sideways and bckwards passing that schneiderlin excelled at.

To me, he's one of those guys who will get a strong tackle in at the start of the game to set the tone. Let them know that they're in for a fight.

As for him and schneiderlin, he was certainly the more visible of the two, but that was more because of his role. You tend to notice the guy tackling more than the guy making the team tick. Would certainly have schneiderlin as the better player, but I acctually think wanyama suits our needs better.

Most of my mates are Celtic supporters and they thought he was brilliant, I was never really impressed because he could be very rash. I saw him at Southampton a few times and was actually pretty impressed. He's matured well and could do a real job for us I reckon.
Not to sound too condescending, but I think he was better than Celtic and his talent stood out in that league. The pace of the PL catches a lot of players out in their first season which explains, to me at least, why he struggled 1st time out. Now he looks to have acclimatised and looks good. Not earth shatteringly good but good none the less. To be honest I was hoping for Schneiderlin-Kramer-Illarmendi-Bender in that order,but hey- he's a DM a least!

And meg what else can you see? tell me that you see a little argie and a portugeezer coming from Spain

I see an angry little bald bespectacled man incandescent with rage, people wearing green underpants will be celebrating toooooooooooo.

You are very cheerful tonight Gazza, is supporting the mighty spurs getting to you?

Can I plug Ki-Sung Yeung in here? Because if we sign Son, I'd love it if we did a double deal for him as well just to make sure the c*ck-and-ball rules all in Korea. :)

He's far, far more technically skilled than Wanyama is, and can pass from deep, something we badly need. He's good defensively (certainly not as beastly as Wanyama is in that regard, but good enough), and would likely cost less than Wanyama would, especially when you consider that we could possibly throw Carroll into any deal as a make-weight (Swansea had him on loan last season, remember, and apparently they quite liked him during his time there).

Back