• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

Maybe you're right. But it's a signing that would make sense given that he's worked with him before. Reminds me of when we signed Palacios. Addressing an obvious need in the team at the time.

After what happened with Sandro, Capoue and Dembele and our system though, haven't we seen that lumbering non-ballplayers don't really work?

After what happened with Sandro, Capoue and Dembele and our system though, haven't we seen that lumbering non-ballplayers don't really work?

doesnt matter if you get the right person next to him.

Modric & parker were chalk and cheese in a way...but they offset each others limitations perfectly. Sometimes the clogger's dirty hard workers bring out the best from the fancy dan players.

doesnt matter if you get the right person next to him.

Modric & parker were chalk and cheese in a way...but they offset each others limitations perfectly. Sometimes the clogger's dirty hard workers bring out the best from the fancy dan players.

But we play a double pivot now, rather than a diamond midfield. Therefore both players need to be good ballplayers, as well as defensively capable.

Almost every CM we've been linked with - Schneiderlin, Kramer, Illaramendi etc. is a double pivot CM (as are Mason, Bentaleb and Alli)

But we play a double pivot now, rather than a diamond midfield. Therefore both players need to be good ballplayers, as well as defensively capable.

Almost every CM we've been linked with - Schneiderlin, Kramer, Illaramendi etc. is a double pivot CM (as are Mason, Bentaleb and Alli)

I'm not entirely sure I agree with you buddy. I think what Poch is doing is looking for different options so that we can have a "destroyer" against teams that are putting us against pressure. That's not to say that he will abandon the double-pivot. Also, I think it is a bit unfair to lable Wanyama a "destroyer" only. His stats compare favourably to Schneiderlin and are certainly not poles apart. http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...es/defensive_errors/errors_leading_to_goal#90

Or it could be we are getting to plan f stage with CMs and Poch knows for a cheap punt he'll be a competent stop-gap for a year. A bit like Redknapp bringing Crouch from Portsmouth until we were able to go for top forwards like Rafa and Ade.
#he wont be cheap

he cost them £13m from Celtic

He is an old school stopper but he did make Southampton tick defensively and did much more work there than Schneiderlain

I don't however see them selling him and least of all to us

Schneiderlain didn't play double pivot with him at Southampton otherwise by default you would be saying that his partner in that was Wanyama

)

Well that is our problem as neither Mason or Benteleb are defensively capable hence Poch trying Dier in there.

what happened to the algorithm I thought that was the buzz word. For me if I were doing an end of year show around new years I would say 2015 was the year of the Algorithm.

Of course but do not forget the Blackbox, could be a name for a group that.

Black Box and the algorithms, catchy don't you think. :cool:

How are Mason and Bentaleb double pivot players, neither can defend and only Mason has shown much going forward. Not seen enough of Alli to comment.

Back