• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

It's not rubbish, and it's why I qualified my statement by saying "in sporting terms". The money that goes into the stadium and the other tangible assets is all money ENIC will eventually walk away with when they sell up. That's not sporting ambition. What we'll be left with after that is anybody's guess at this stage.

It is rubbish because why do you think ENIC will walk away with money when they do sell up if the club has a bigger stadium. It is because the club will be able to generate more money. What will that extra money allow? Better players and that links in to the sporting terms. We cannot be a club that lives in the here and now to the detriment of the future.

I say again, what club outside of Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool have shown more ambition. What club outside of the top 4 has challenged consistently to break that. The only club outside of us is Liverpool, and they only managed it once despite having much bigger resources than us.

It is rubbish because why do you think ENIC will walk away with money when they do sell up if the club has a bigger stadium. It is because the club will be able to generate more money. What will that extra money allow? Better players and that links in to the sporting terms. We cannot be a club that lives in the here and now to the detriment of the future.

I say again, what club outside of Man United, Chel53a, Ar5ena1, Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool have shown more ambition. What club outside of the top 4 has challenged consistently to break that. The only club outside of us is Liverpool, and they only managed it once despite having much bigger resources than us.

I'm not going to get drawn into a 'yes it is,' 'no it isn't' argument. You've got your view on it, and I've got mine. Whether or not we'll see the outcomes you suggest is just speculation, though. Who knows what we'll end up with after ENIC eventually cut and run? In the medium term, I see no particular reason to assume the next five years will be vastly different to the past five, really; it's not as if the others are all just going to stand still. The clubs below us will be trying to reel us in as well. You know, showing ambition. There's no monopoly on it.

I'm not going to get drawn into a 'yes it is,' 'no it isn't' argument. You've got your view on it, and I've got mine. Whether or not we'll see the outcomes you suggest is just speculation, though. Who knows what we'll end up with after ENIC eventually cut and run? In the medium term, I see no particular reason to assume the next five years will be vastly different to the past five, really; it's not as if the others are all just going to stand still. The clubs below us will be trying to reel us in as well. You know, showing ambition. There's no monopoly on it.

Fair enough. The ambition is to establish ourselves as a sustainable challenger to the top 4 clubs. We're spending £400-500m to achieve it. No other club apart from Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool or Chelsea are doing the same because either they already have a stadium big enough (Man United and Arsenal) or because they haven't the means. West Ham have managed to get a very good result from their perspective and look what the owners of that club are professing that will mean to their fortunes. That is ambition. Spending £400m on players could achieve the same, but is more risky. That is not more ambition.

Bets that this will be the exact repeat of last year's saga with Schneiderlin?

'No-one is for sale' at Saints says Koeman

Ronald Koeman has insisted "no-one is for sale" at Southampton after being impressed by his side's defending in the 0-0 draw at Watford.

After being so resolute defensively last campaign, Southampton have started this season conceding five goals and attaining just one point from their opening two games.

They did not look any more threatening in attack against promoted Watford at Vicarage Road, but a first clean sheet of the season has given Koeman reason for optimism at Southampton.

"We played a little bit different than the first two games because we had to be defensively better," the Dutchman told BBC Sport. "In my opinion, it always starts at the back and at least we had our first clean sheet of the season.

"One of the key points of last season was that we had a strong defensive organisation."

Koeman was then queried on the status of Sadio Mane and Victor Wanyama, with both players having been linked to Manchester United and Tottenham respectively with just one week of the transfer window remaining.

"We know have to deal with speculation over our players," Koeman said.

"Again, no-one is for sale. Everyone stays at Southampton. We want to bring in another defender," he added, with rumours surrounding a potential £10million move for Celtic centre-half Virgil van Dijk.

Midfielder Wanyama was reported to have requested a transfer over the weekend, rumours that Koeman was keen to play down.

"All I can say is that for Victor, the future is in Southampton," he told Sky Sports. "And for every player that we like to stay, they have to stay.

"And it is all about contracts and you have to respect contracts and nobody is for sale. And I spoke about that I think two or three days ago, and it still has the same meaning."

Koeman moved to alleviate fears over Mane, who was substituted after suffering a concussion following consecutive clashes with Heurelho Gomes and Troy Deeney. The Southampton boss expects the Senegal international to be available for the Europa League qualifier second leg against FC Midtyjylland on Thursday.

Bets that this will be the exact repeat of last year's saga with Schneiderlin?

'No-one is for sale' at Saints says Koeman

Ronald Koeman has insisted "no-one is for sale" at Southampton after being impressed by his side's defending in the 0-0 draw at Watford.

After being so resolute defensively last campaign, Southampton have started this season conceding five goals and attaining just one point from their opening two games.

They did not look any more threatening in attack against promoted Watford at Vicarage Road, but a first clean sheet of the season has given Koeman reason for optimism at Southampton.

"We played a little bit different than the first two games because we had to be defensively better," the Dutchman told BBC Sport. "In my opinion, it always starts at the back and at least we had our first clean sheet of the season.

"One of the key points of last season was that we had a strong defensive organisation."

Koeman was then queried on the status of Sadio Mane and Victor Wanyama, with both players having been linked to Manchester United and Tottenham respectively with just one week of the transfer window remaining.

"We know have to deal with speculation over our players," Koeman said.

"Again, no-one is for sale. Everyone stays at Southampton. We want to bring in another defender," he added, with rumours surrounding a potential £10million move for Celtic centre-half Virgil van Dijk.

Midfielder Wanyama was reported to have requested a transfer over the weekend, rumours that Koeman was keen to play down.

"All I can say is that for Victor, the future is in Southampton," he told Sky Sports. "And for every player that we like to stay, they have to stay.

"And it is all about contracts and you have to respect contracts and nobody is for sale. And I spoke about that I think two or three days ago, and it still has the same meaning."

Koeman moved to alleviate fears over Mane, who was substituted after suffering a concussion following consecutive clashes with Heurelho Gomes and Troy Deeney. The Southampton boss expects the Senegal international to be available for the Europa League qualifier second leg against FC Midtyjylland on Thursday.

If he's not for sale, he's not for sale. Move on then.

If you mean in sporting terms, I can only assume he would like us to be ahead of where our wage budget 'places' us, because if the full extent of it is just to maintain us at the level it indicates we should be, then I'd say that doesn't sound hugely ambitious. I do wonder whether it's actually realistic, though, especially if clubs below us are willing to start taking stronger risks.

Sorry but that is not remotely true, Levy has been building this club up since he came here and I keep hearing about clubs showing bigger ambition then us but I do not see that at all.

Sorry but that is not remotely true, Levy has been building this club up since he came here and I keep hearing about clubs showing bigger ambition then us but I do not see that at all.
again i think people can't knock his overall performance as a chairman but GHod does he still make the same glaring mistakes season in season out

again i think people can't knock his overall performance as a chairman but GHod does he still make the same glaring mistakes season in season out

If you mean not throwing around money like the money doped clubs I agree. But apart from that is all speculation.

Well, we'll see, won't we.... If we finally manage to get the required business done and we hold our own in the top 6 again, there'll be no-one pushing any panic buttons. On the other hand, if Pochettino finds out the hard way not all swans are white, who can say?

If you mean not throwing around money like the money doped clubs I agree. But apart from that is all speculation.

When its not just speculation its hard to swallow. People that have negotiated with levy and have come out saying what a chore it is. We have missed out on some real quality due to his dealing methods

Well, we'll see, won't we.... If we finally manage to get the required business done and we hold our own in the top 6 again, there'll be no-one pushing any panic buttons. On the other hand, if Pochettino finds out the hard way not all swans are white, who can say?

You are joking if you really believe that.

When its not just speculation its hard to swallow. People that have negotiated with levy and have come out saying what a chore it is. We have missed out on some real quality due to his dealing methods

And one of those same people, Aulas, has recently come out and said what a pleasure it was negotiating with him.

I take it you know and have spoken with these " people" or are you basing your " facts" on little more then flimflam in the papers and you believe all you read.

If people enjoy negotiating with you, they are probably laughing all the way to the bank.

I take it you know and have spoken with these " people" or are you basing your " facts" on little more then hogwash in the papers and you believe all you read.

actually there are quotes in papers from players who have not Spoken highly of our dealings. Aubemayang being one recently.

There are multiple stories, so basically you only believe ? where do you get your info from?

actually there are quotes in papers from players who have not Spoken highly of our dealings. Aubemayang being one recently.

There are multiple stories, so basically you only believe ? where do you get your info from?

A more recent one from another tough negotiator:

"‘Tottenham absolutely want Njie, we are close to an agreement. I praise Mr Levy for making a respectable offer,’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/12/clint...reveals-lyon-president-5339936/#ixzz3jfai6jLL

in context please relavent to the original post not just to make a point.

I don't think that there is any need to respond like that.

Have we missed out on players because we try to drive a hard bargain? Yes. If we are going to follow a financial model where we live within our means, it would be impossible not to.

Back