• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM Vs STOKE - OFFICIAL OMT***

good points

still, like i just said, a few extra days to recover and then unleash him away at Chelsea. Bale and Lennon wide, Modric and Parker in the middle, Ade and VDV up top, lets go at them full strength

Just hope we can keep everyone fit for the run in.. I'm so much more confident in our starting 11 when we have both Bale and Lennon in there!

From watching Stoke away at Liverpool at the weekend, Stoke were able to easily deal with crosses into their box and any high balls.
Liverpool caused them problems attacking through the centre at pace and with an interchange of passes.

I think this game would suit Defoe and VDV with their strengths from the edge of the area and Kranjcar cutting in from the right.
At the back Gallas can't be relied on in the air after he was targeted by Stoke away. I'd be happy be see Kaboul and Nelson take on a heading duel with Crouch and Walters.
A two man centre midfield is all be need to match their 2 in the middle. There's lot of calls to play Sandro because of his height. I'd probably go with that even if he isn't in the best of form.

----------Friedel---------
Walker-Kaboul-Nelsen-BAE
-----Sandro--Modric------
----Kranjcar-VDV-Bale----
-----------Defoe---------

Just keep the ball on the deck have the 3 attacking midfielders rotating and offering lots of passing options so we can dominate possession.
This isn't a game for Bale to stick on the left to provide crosses as Huth and Shawcross will just clear everything.

Are we still third? Incredible, if so. After the Modric controversy, the subsequent riots, the postponement of our opening game, the subsequent shower against the Manchester clubs, the drama of Harry's court case, then, straight after, the drama of 'Harry for England!' and now this Muamba tragedy, I'm surprised we aren't bottom with a -50 goal difference and Phil Brown as manager. We must be the unluckiest team in the Premier League this season. Well, except for Bolton, obviously. But the mind does boggle at what we could have achieved had we not had all these distractions and troubles thrown at us by an uncaring universe, and if we had a little more luck with injuries. Sigh.

It's been the worst of seasons. Yet, we are still third.

Some of those players shouldn't play if they are fragile, and there is nothing wrong with that. But others are mentally ready, strong enough, and need to get out there with the right attitude. Time for them to show what they are made of. Still should win this one, still should be 3 points.

Are we still third? Incredible, if so. After the Modric controversy, the subsequent riots, the postponement of our opening game, the subsequent shower against the Manchester clubs, the drama of Harry's court case, then, straight after, the drama of 'Harry for England!' and now this Muamba tragedy, I'm surprised we aren't bottom with a -50 goal difference and Phil Brown as manager. We must be the unluckiest team in the Premier League this season. Well, except for Bolton, obviously. But the mind does boggle at what we could have achieved had we not had all these distractions and troubles thrown at us by an uncaring universe, and if we had a little more luck with injuries. Sigh.

I had a chuckle reading that. When you see the list of 'distractions' in black in white it does make you wonder if the universe is trying to correct some cosmic imbalance and put us back in our place.

It's been the worst of seasons. Yet, we are still third.

Some of those players shouldn't play if they are fragile, and there is nothing wrong with that. But others are mentally ready, strong enough, and need to get out there with the right attitude. Time for them to show what they are made of. Still should win this one, still should be 3 points.

Well it was a tough fixture before Saturday night, no game with Stoke City, home or away, is going to comfortable, but this one just got a whole lot tougher.
I think we are going to learn a lot about the mental toughness of our players and how good our team spirit within the camp

In a way it's incredible where we are this season despite all the difficulites we've had: Redknapp's heart problems, the court case, the England fiasco.

are we cursed or just the unluckiest club in the league:

Lasagnagate
Mendes from the half-way line
Gomes not over the line
Foyed
Webbed

add that to those above and the latest happening at WHL and it is hard to draw any other conclusion.

You make your own luck. If you're 3-0 up then a bad decision/mishap doesn't effect you. I thought we we're getting beyond being victims, but it seems to have returned with a vengeance these past few weeks.

From watching Stoke away at Liverpool at the weekend, Stoke were able to easily deal with crosses into their box and any high balls.
Liverpool caused them problems attacking through the centre at pace and with an interchange of passes.

I think this game would suit Defoe and VDV with their strengths from the edge of the area and Kranjcar cutting in from the right.
At the back Gallas can't be relied on in the air after he was targeted by Stoke away. I'd be happy be see Kaboul and Nelson take on a heading duel with Crouch and Walters.
A two man centre midfield is all be need to match their 2 in the middle. There's lot of calls to play Sandro because of his height. I'd probably go with that even if he isn't in the best of form.

----------Friedel---------
Walker-Kaboul-Nelsen-BAE
-----Sandro--Modric------
----Kranjcar-VDV-Bale----
-----------Defoe---------

Just keep the ball on the deck have the 3 attacking midfielders rotating and offering lots of passing options so we can dominate possession.
This isn't a game for Bale to stick on the left to provide crosses as Huth and Shawcross will just clear everything.

I don't think that's true

If Bale lofts in high balls, Stoke can clear it - but that's not really his game

Bale sprints past the full back and pings it low across the box, or powers into the box and cuts the ball back to onrushing midfielders

But I agree that they are a bunch of giants, so there is no point playing high balls (either crosses or long balls) at all

It seems a daunting fixture but in some ways this is the best sort of team we could play. No hiding, just have to be up for it and get at them. Could do with Adebayor fit.

after the events with Muamba, many on here will do well to remember this if it does not go our way....

but i believe Harry will tell them to go out and win it for him as he will be spirited when he sees how tottenham helped him...

its a massive game for us especially when you see all our rivials are playing that night...

very hard fought 1.0 win Ade on 76mins

very tough game this one.

we need to sort our defending, set pieces crucial!

can see crouch performing, have a feeling he??ll score

1-1

I'd take any win whatsoever, 1 nil, 5 nil or a 5-4. Come on spurs, let's get this season back on track.

We deserve some luck

It's going to be a very weird atmosphere... hard to truly 'gee yourself' up for this, but we still 'need' a win (if that's even appropriate)

Personally, I think Harry will allow any player who doesn't feel up to it to have the night off (I'm thinking Defoe especially, who seemed particularly distressed, maybe even VdV & Ekotto) What we don't want, is for a player who's mind clearly isn't the game potentially having a bad one, and for the crowd to start grumbling... WHILST I'M SURE WE WON'T given the circumstances, it would probably be best to protect those players whom Harry feels WILL be affected to stay away from the game. If that means sending out the Youth team (which I've already suggested might be an idea to do for both the Spurs & Bolton teams if the Cup match IS replayed) then so be it.

The conflict of all of this is; we still want to do well this season, but obviously not at the expense of another players' health & well-being.

However, if the players (of either club) are able to motivate themselves enough to 'Do it for Fabrice' (as I'm sure the Bolton squad will as and when they resume their season) then it could well lead to a magnificently awe-inspiring, and emotional run-in. If they're not, then it's unfair to put them through the trauma of having to play football, and PLAY WELL, when their minds simply aren't on it.

Let's do this!

c0EIp.jpg

Why are they facing goalside?

Massive defensive error - would cost us big in this game. Typical Spurs defending. Booo

Back