• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM Vs STOKE - OFFICIAL OMT***

I sense misery after this game,there is nothing to make me feel our players are up to the task of a hard midweek game.

HAS to be this.

------------------------- Friedel --------------------------
Walker -------- Gallas -------------- Kaboul -------- Ekotto
Kranjcar ------ Parker -------------- Modric --------- Bale
--------------------- Van Der Vaart ----------------------
----------------------- Adebayor -------------------------

Gallas/King is a coin flip, depends who you want for Chelsea, I'm not particularly bothered.

yes please. VdV on the right did not look great in the bolton game. Felt we were lopsided again. Good thing was Bale was looking good on the left again. VdV lost on the right.

yes please. VdV on the right did not look great in the bolton game. Felt we were lopsided again. Good thing was Bale was looking good on the left again. VdV lost on the right.

Generally I would agree, but at the moment, who should play on the right? Kranjar hasn't looked great recently - and we have three strikers playing well, so it would be a shame to leave two of them on the bench. I don't like vdv on the right so much, but if it's just for a couple of games it should be OK.

Generally I would agree, but at the moment, who should play on the right? Kranjar hasn't looked great recently - and we have three strikers playing well, so it would be a shame to leave two of them on the bench. I don't like vdv on the right so much, but if it's just for a couple of games it should be OK.

The thing is I just don't want to see him looking lost there. I want him involved in the game. I did feel as the game wore on that he would eventually have a little purple patch in the game and elevate us to a different level. But whilst he is out of the game, VdV remains a massive liability. When it's on the right I feel he doesn't give Walker any protection. I wouldn't want to see being double teamed by Etherington and the left back.

I can see merits too vdv on the right and playing 2 up top. Particularly if Ade decides to play as he did against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. To be fair I feel Parker needs to get back to what he did best ahead of the vdv on the right problem. We need Parker to sit, and give us discipline in that midfield. Just felt too many players are getting in behind midfield and in front of defence.

Got to be our strongest team with one exception - a 3rd CB for the aerial threat.

If we line up with that disasterous 4-4-2 again I'm just going to slit my wrists at the start and save myself the misery.

With Lennon:

-----------Friedel

Walker--King--Kaboul--Gallas

-------Parker--Modric

Lennon----vdV------Bale

-----------Ade

Without Lennon:

-----------Friedel

--Parker--Sandro--Modric

----vdV----------Bale

-----------Ade

Hope we win of course. Would also like to see us get two dodgy penalties, Stoke denied at least two blatant penalties, Shawcross gets sent off, and they have a goal disallowed that's a good 3 yards onside. I'd also like to see Tony Pulis get hit in the face by a Kaboul free kick, which could actually happen.

On a serious note, I hope the team has practiced set pieces for this game.

Got to be our strongest team with one exception - a 3rd CB for the aerial threat.

If we line up with that disasterous 4-4-2 again I'm just going to slit my wrists at the start and save myself the misery.

With Lennon:

-----------Friedel

-------Parker--Modric

Lennon----vdV------Bale

-----------Ade

Without Lennon:

-----------Friedel

--Parker--Sandro--Modric

----vdV----------Bale

-----------Ade

No way. Ekotto to start at LB all day. Why should we nullify our attacking threat down the left to accommodate Stoke? This aint the Britannia.

Agree with GB's team. If Lennon doesn't play then it's:

------------------------Friedel----------------------------

Walker----------Kaboul-----------King--------------Gallas

------------------------Sandro--------------------------

------------------Modric--------Parker------------------

---VDV---------------------------------------------Bale-

---------------------Adebayor-------------------------

or:

-----------------------Friedel--------------------------

----------Gallas--------Kaboul------King---------------

Walker---------------------------------------------Bale-

-----------------Modric-------Parker------------------

-------------------------VDV-------------------------

------------------Adebayor---Saha--------------------

Last edited:
The thing is I just don't want to see him looking lost there. I want him involved in the game. I did feel as the game wore on that he would eventually have a little purple patch in the game and elevate us to a different level. But whilst he is out of the game, VdV remains a massive liability. When it's on the right I feel he doesn't give Walker any protection. I wouldn't want to see being double teamed by Etherington and the left back.

I can see merits too vdv on the right and playing 2 up top. Particularly if Ade decides to play as he did against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. To be fair I feel Parker needs to get back to what he did best ahead of the vdv on the right problem. We need Parker to sit, and give us discipline in that midfield. Just felt too many players are getting in behind midfield and in front of defence.

Yeah - where to play VDV is a tough decision either way. Maybe Danny Rose could play on the right? I wonder if his right foot is as good as his left.

I agree with you about Parker too - there was way too much room on the edge of the box yesterday, which is probably not his fault entirely, but I'm used to seeing him closing that down.

Hope we win of course. Would also like to see us get two dodgy penalties, Stoke denied at least two blatant penalties, Shawcross gets sent off, and they have a goal disallowed that's a good 3 yards onside. I'd also like to see Tony Pulis get hit in the face by a Kaboul free kick, which could actually happen.

On a serious note, I hope the team has practiced set pieces for this game.

This and This.

Bolton had postponed their match against Villa. Isn't it better if we consider postponing this match as well ? Many Spurs players were badly affected during the Bolton match. Not sure if they will be in the right mentality to play so soon. This is a must-win match for us. We have to make sure the players are not affected in anyway for this match.

Bolton had postponed their match against Villa. Isn't it better if we consider postponing this match as well ? Many Spurs players were badly affected during the Bolton match. Not sure if they will be in the right mentality to play so soon. This is a must-win match for us. We have to make sure the players are not affected in anyway for this match.

What about Arsenal - all his youth team mates play there? Or teams that have England U21 players for them?

I don't think there is the same sympathy for us out there, if it gets postponed then I reckon there will be a lot of debate. We'll be made to look like bad guys I'm afraid. Plus it means more focus on the Chelsea match, which we could do without.

Just have to hope the boys get it together and do the business. I'd been wanting another Wigan as well to to be honest I will take the dullest most boring 1-0 right now. Two massive games for us, 4 points minimum essential.

I honestly think they will be, but the positive maybe that it will come round so soon, it could be a good thing that we are playing them in a few days and not a full week.
But this really is an end-of-season defining game, another game without a victory before a trip to the Bridge will be a massive blow

Back