• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM Vs STOKE - OFFICIAL OMT***

STOKE ON WEDNESDAY

The Club can confirm that Wednesday evening's Premier League fixture against Stoke City at White Hart Lane will go ahead as scheduled, kicking off at 7.45pm.

Manager Harry Redknapp said: "What happened on Saturday to Fabrice Muamba was a shock to everyone.

"It is possible that the effects of this could hit some quicker than others and despite these difficult circumstances we all have to pull together and carry on with our season.

"We will be providing players with whatever support they need in order to help them move on from what has happened, while obviously always keeping Fabrice at the forefront of our minds and willing him to make a recovery.

"Fortunately, we already had a cardiologist visiting the training ground today for routine screening, so we are able to offer any player who wishes to be tested for the purpose of reassurance an additional opportunity to be screened."

The thoughts of everyone at the Club continue to be with Fabrice Muamba, his family and Bolton Wanderers at this difficult time.

STOKE ON WEDNESDAY

The Club can confirm that Wednesday evening's Premier League fixture against Stoke City at White Hart Lane will go ahead as scheduled, kicking off at 7.45pm.

Manager Harry Redknapp said: "What happened on Saturday to Fabrice Muamba was a shock to everyone.

"It is possible that the effects of this could hit some quicker than others and despite these difficult circumstances we all have to pull together and carry on with our season.

"We will be providing players with whatever support they need in order to help them move on from what has happened, while obviously always keeping Fabrice at the forefront of our minds and willing him to make a recovery.

"Fortunately, we already had a cardiologist visiting the training ground today for routine screening, so we are able to offer any player who wishes to be tested for the purpose of reassurance an additional opportunity to be screened."

The thoughts of everyone at the Club continue to be with Fabrice Muamba, his family and Bolton Wanderers at this difficult time.

Sounds like a Harry quote does that......

I'm relieved to hear the game will go ahead, otherwise I think it could well have been season over, as indianspur suggested. On such things, matters turn.

..................Lennon
Parker...Modric...Defoe...van der Vaart
King.......Bale.....Adebayor.......Friedel
..............BAE....Kaboul

4-0 Stoke, all direct from throw-ins, but given anyway, and five legitimate Spurs goals incorrectly ruled out for offside, including a penalty. Redknapp presents robust post-match defence of team selection on the basis that everyone uses their quadragenarian keeper on the left wing these days, and that Lennon, while still injured and unable to run, is a "triffic lad" and "had to play".

I'm relieved to hear the game will go ahead, otherwise I think it could well have been season over, as indianspur suggested. On such things, matters turn.

..................Lennon
Parker...Modric...Defoe...van der Vaart
King.......Bale.....Adebayor.......Friedel
..............BAE....Kaboul

4-0 Stoke, all direct from throw-ins, but given anyway, and five legitimate Spurs goals incorrectly ruled out for offside, including a penalty. Redknapp presents robust post-match defence of team selection on the basis that everyone uses their quadragenarian keeper on the left wing these days, and that Lennon, while still injured and unable to run, is a "triffic lad" and "had to play".

lol, 'quadragenarian' how do you even know of this word... Are you posting from a library!?

That line-up reminds me of end of season Saturday league games when we had nothing to play for so we'd draw positions out of a hat!

Can you imagine Modric sweeping, he'd be epic!

if thats the case i fear our season is over. Of course after what has just happened its perfectly understandable for the players to be upset, but how on earth will they magically recover by lets say Sunday against chelsea.

They are affected now and will be for a time longer than a week, a month, 6 months even.

I believe this too.

Im not trying to be crass but at which point then will you start playing games? This issue will im sure affect the players at the weekend and for a long time, so should we just say actually lets just forget this season and not play anymore games?

I want Muamba to pull through as much as I want some stranger who has had an attack to pull through but im thinking logistics and well the season really.

I guess to sum it up - at which point do we continue our season? Would this weekend also be too soon? then the following week etc?

I just hope we have lennon playing

id rather have him for Chelsea. We'll need his speed on the break

Stoke will just sit back and hoof the ball against us. Why do we need Lennon against these tactics?

Stoke will just sit back and hoof the ball against us. Why do we need Lennon against these tactics?

What makes you think they will just sit back, we need our best team out, I think you are seriously under-estimating Stoke

I don't think Lennon will be fit until Chelsea but in relation to the above...

I think having someone like Lennon who can sneak past the full-back, unsettling the defence by getting behind to put a ball in would be as much of an advantage against Stoke as Chelsea.

Statistically how often do we have success from a Lennon counter attack?, numerous times I'm sat there saying "go on son, knock it behind and run at him!" but he never does, he just doubles back into trouble etc.

I'm not denying his pace on the counter should be a strength but apart from the rare occasion (AC Milan etc) he never seems to have the confidence to actually be as direct/selfish as someone like Bale.

I think having someone like Lennon who can sneak past the full-back, unsettling the defence by getting behind to put a ball in would be as much of an advantage against Stoke as Chelsea.

Statistically how often do we have success from a Lennon counter attack?, numerous times I'm sat there saying "go on son, knock it behind and run at him!" but he never does, he just doubles back into trouble etc.

I'm not denying his pace on the counter should be a strength but apart from the rare occasion (AC Milan etc) he never seems to have the confidence to actually be as direct/selfish as someone like Bale.

Wonder if Bentley will have had enough training to be in with a shout of a place in the squad if Lennon is out?

What makes you think they will just sit back, we need our best team out, I think you are seriously under-estimating Stoke

under-estimate Stoke? Im not doing that, and i know they will venture forward. They are not everyones cup of tea but i admire that they have a way, a plan of playing and they execute it perfectly.

They hoof but they hoof with a purpose:)

rather than rush Lennon back for this game, id prefer to give him a few more days off and be ready for Chelsea

good points

still, like i just said, a few extra days to recover and then unleash him away at Chelsea. Bale and Lennon wide, Modric and Parker in the middle, Ade and VDV up top, lets go at them full strength

stating the obvious but just gotta defend the set pieces properly. watching them yesterday they didn't offer much in general play.

suppose it also helps this is the middle game of an horrific 3 game run for stoke - liverpool, spurs and city at home in a week. more likely to rest a few players on wednesday than for the home game i reckon

Back