• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Scum COC OMT

Yes, I know you're happy with it (inexplicably so, in my opinion, but hey, it's fine): when I said 'everybody', I didn't mean you. :p

As for the result going the other way, we have a clear example of the result going the other way: 5-1 against the scum at WHL in 2008. We played our full side, they played a lot of 'rotational' dogbrick alongside the regulars. We whalloped them, and sing about it to this day.

Poch gave up on any chance of that: he thought 'ah, fudge it', grabbed whatever dolts he could find and put them on the field, and to hell with any notions of a 'rivalry' or actually upholding the club's traditions or proud cup heritage.

The club can give up on Poch and his meandering ways far, far faster than he can afford to give up on preserving the club's traditions. If he wants to keep the fans onside, he had better start learning that f*cking fact.

minor point, tonight's result was exactly in keeping with the club's tradition unless my history books are lying to me, this was our 55th attempt at the competition, we've previously been knocked out 51 times

He really is on a hiding to nothing after this.
Certain people arent gonna forget about it.
When we put out a stronger side than this against Anderlecht three days before the next NLD people will count that against him.
When we "have to" send a strong side to Azerbaijan threes before Chelsea because "we need to qualify for the Europa knockouts" it will be brought up again.

He's lost people tonight. All for what? So we can maybe get a point against City that might get us 5th instead of 6th? So that Vorm gets a run out in this game instead of the Europa? So that Fazio gets his first minutes of the season?
Lloris didnt need resting. Vertonghen has only played 8 games in 8 weeks including internationals. He didnt neither.
Lamela dropped from the squad after three good games in a row?
Carroll in midfield when we knew it was gonna be Flamini and Arteta? The perfect game for Alli to outrun and outmuscle two old men.

minor point, tonight's result was exactly in keeping with the club's tradition unless my history books are lying to me, this was our 55th attempt at the competition, we've previously been knocked out 51 times

Not quite sure if you're being entirely serious at this point, gale. :p

Not quite sure if you're being entirely serious at this point, gale. :p

yeah I am, although I appreciate my tone is facetious (and partly imbibed)

we've won it a grand total of 4 times and we are notoriously ineffective against teams who are better than us

the side we fielded played as well as can be expected and considering it's a competition with no prize I understand and appreciate the managers pragmatism

we've won it a grand total of 4 times and we are notoriously ineffective against teams who are better than us

the side we fielded played as well as can be expected and considering it's a competition with no prize I understand and appreciate the managers pragmatism

KingKeaneCup_468x506.jpg

arsenal_score.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah. Notoriously ineffective against teams better than us.

Yeah.

A competition with no prize.

Yeah.

Yeah, right.

What do you mean by prize in this context?

More annoyed with Pochettino's team selections than result of this match. Don't think Pochettino gave us any chance to win this match by his shyte team selections. This being a Cup tie against Arsenal, we needed a strong and balanced team to play them. You know Arsenal will always up their game against us. Instead of a strong team, he chose a team mostly of players who are either out-of-form, error-prone or rarely played this season. So, it is not at all surprised that we lost. It looks like Pochettino have no ambition of winning a trophy for us !

It is really unacceptable that we started a weak team in a Cup match at home against Arsenal. We were always going to lose the match with that team. This match proves that we don't have enough strength in depth to rest our key players. Pochettino have to take the blame for not buying enough quality players to make our squad a strong one. We simply cannot afford to rest any key players if we want to beat any decent team this season.

The least Pochettino could have done is start with in-form players like Lloris, Vertonghen, Lamela and Son. That could have made the team more balanced. Vorm is simply too error-prone. Not sure he is too reliable as a backup goalie. Almost everytime he plays, he makes a crucial error. Not surprised that he was partly at fault for Arsenal's first goal. It was also not wise to rest Lamela and Son as both were in good form before this match. With Kane and Chadli badly out of form and Eriksen just returning from injury, we badly lacked player to get us the goals in this match.

Pochettino should have atleast brought on Alli and Son at the start of the 2nd half. Not sure why he waited until so late in the game. They both didn't have enough time to help our attacks. Alli could have troubled Arsenal if he had started this match. Also, it was not logic to start Fazio and Wimmer in defence. Not surprised that both struggled as both didn't play much this season. Vertonghen or Alderweireld should have started with Fazio. Defender like Fazio only seems comfortable playing with a more experienced defender like Vertonghen.

This defeat might come back to haunt Pochettino if we do badly against ManCity and go on to struggle this season. We were on a 3 match winning run but now it has been ended with a defeat to our hated rivals. More importantly, we are now out of the League Cup which is normally our only way to win a trophy ! It is going to be even worse if Arsenal go on to win the League Cup now. They won't let us forget losing to them at our own place for a long time !

You are damn right I am. It isn't just me: look at TFC, no one is happy with the ludicrous team selection tonight.

Football is emotional. If our manager forgets that, he will learn when very quickly when his next 'team selection' against our rivals (even calling it that is an insult to that notion, I think) is viciously booed off the field along with him and his stupid lack of judgement.

Pochettino, you f*cking screwed the pooch, mate. Do that again, and I'm going to start fearing for your future, given how simple these judgement calls are to make.

Aaaaaand THIS is the one which has done my head in. FFS! I can only pray our chairman has more fudging patience, because of he doesn't, we will FOREVER drift in the wilderness.

Yes, football is emotional. But common sense has a place too. It is why you/we are supporters and he is the manager. If you refuse to see the progress which has occurred all through the club in 12 months, then I genuinely feel sorry for you.

'...do that again and I'm going to start fearing for your future...'

DubaiSpur. IF what you are suggesting is even remotely a possibility, and were it to occur, then mate, fear the future of THFC.

On another note, I don't remember NEARLY this amount of hysteria when we got done 1-4 by them a few seasons back in the same competition.

Yes, I know you're happy with it (inexplicably so, in my opinion, but hey, it's fine): when I said 'everybody', I didn't mean you. :p

As for the result going the other way, we have a clear example of the result going the other way: 5-1 against the scum at WHL in 2008. We played our full side, they played a lot of 'rotational' dogbrick alongside the regulars. We whalloped them, and sing about it to this day.

Poch gave up on any chance of that: he thought 'ah, fudge it', grabbed whatever dolts he could find and put them on the field, and to hell with any notions of a 'rivalry' or actually upholding the club's traditions or proud cup heritage.

The club can give up on Poch and his meandering ways far, far faster than he can afford to give up on preserving the club's traditions. If he wants to keep the fans onside, he had better start learning that f*cking fact.

Yup.
You're right.
I want more.
I want more than to beat them every few seasons and sing about it/put out DVDs/dance about the place like we won the league.
I want to win the fudging league.
I want a squad which grows together and develops together.
I want a club that is moving in the same direction.
I want a philosophy.
I want a plan.
I want a shape, structure and purpose, not just for some fudging Mickey Mouse Match against a bunch of total clams from up the road, but one which can bed in and grow for a decade, two decades, more decades.
I want the new stadium to open with a squad which has an average age of 26 and a collection of players who have grown together. Who can beat other teams with regular ease. Who can beat these tacos with their eyes closes.

Yeah. 5-1 in 2008. Lovely.
Y'know, I still get excited about the 4-4 and frankly, that is fudging embarrassing!

I want MORE than picking these tacos over in the Mickey Mouse every few years. I want a squad that can compete. Tonight I received reinforcement that neither Vorm or Fazio have a future with us IMO. Everyone else showed they have the ability but need nurturing. Even Carroll and Andros played themselves into the match, and I felt Poch's major mistake tonight was subbing Townsend just when he had a grip on things.

This place never ceases to amaze me though. What happened Dubai? I used to love your rationale, but it seems to have evaporated?

p.s. has anyone actually bothered to fudging notice that we DID outplay them tonight? Two awful defensive goals. Gifts.

Aaaaaand THIS is the one which has done my head in. FFS! I can only pray our chairman has more fudgeing patience, because of he doesn't, we will FOREVER drift in the wilderness.

Yes, football is emotional. But common sense has a place too. It is why you/we are supporters and he is the manager. If you refuse to see the progress which has occurred all through the club in 12 months, then I genuinely feel sorry for you.

'...do that again and I'm going to start fearing for your future...'

DubaiSpur. IF what you are suggesting is even remotely a possibility, and were it to occur, then mate, fear the future of THFC.

On another note, I don't remember NEARLY this amount of hysteria when we got done 1-4 by them a few seasons back in the same competition.

I was seriously tinkled off when I posted that. Still am, but please read it in that vein. I do genuinely see that Poch has made some progress with the side (not as much as I'd have liked, but hey, you can't have everything), I like the brave approach he takes with regard to attacking football and young players, and generally I'm content to let him have this season as well to bed in if he really must take so long to do it.

However, I draw the f*cking line at playing weakened sides against the scum. No amount of ostensible 'common sense' can shake me from this, and believe me when I say that I do mean it. I want us to try our hardest to win every game against that lot, every time. Poch playing a weakened side and resting our regulars is not doing our hardest, it is Poch deciding an NLD isn't worth tiring our players out for what will be a likely draw/defeat against City anyway.

Say what you like, steff, on this point I am firm. Poch did not treat this the way I want to see NLDs (if nothing else) treated. He made an error of judgement. I'll be very happy if he learns from it, but if he makes it again, then I will really have to start fearing for his future, given that such an impossibly dense error of judgement happening twice is inconceivable and will raise some troubling questions given how much it's alienated so many fans this time around alone.

As for the difference in 'hysteria' between now and that 1-4 game (I think it was back in 2010-2011), firstly, I assure you that I was as angry then as I am now: I wasn't a poster here, though. Secondly, as for the difference in general anger, in 2010 we were at the beginning of what we thought was an extraordinary adventure and an irresistible rise to the top: now, we are a rather inelegant team when compared to the one we had in 2010-2011, mired in the stagnation of upper mid-table, and with little to look forward to except the young 'uns, the derbies and the occasional cup game where we might actually be able to make our mark. And we all know that it will likely stay this way until a while after the stadium's built.

Now, in this game, Poch threw away the chance for a trophy run and lost to our derby rivals in an inarguably disinterested fashion. Can you blame people for being madder ththan they were in 2010? I mean, I'm an absolutist on this issue, but I can understand where the people who are angry are coming from.

Last edited:
Yup.
You're right.
I want more.
I want more than to beat them every few seasons and sing about it/put out DVDs/dance about the place like we won the league.
I want to win the fudgeing league.
I want a squad which grows together and develops together.
I want a club that is moving in the same direction.
I want a philosophy.
I want a plan.
I want a shape, structure and purpose, not just for some fudgeing Mickey Mouse Match against a bunch of total clams from up the road, but one which can bed in and grow for a decade, two decades, more decades.
I want the new stadium to open with a squad which has an average age of 26 and a collection of players who have grown together. Who can beat other teams with regular ease. Who can beat these ****s with their eyes closes.

Yeah. 5-1 in 2008. Lovely.
Y'know, I still get excited about the 4-4 and frankly, that is fudgeing embarrassing!

I want MORE than picking these ****s over in the Mickey Mouse every few years. I want a squad that can compete. Tonight I received reinforcement that neither Vorm or Fazio have a future with us IMO. Everyone else showed they have the ability but need nurturing. Even Carroll and Andros played themselves into the match, and I felt Poch's major mistake tonight was subbing Townsend just when he had a grip on things.

This place never ceases to amaze me though. What happened Dubai? I used to love your rationale, but it seems to have evaporated?

p.s. has anyone actually bothered to fudgeing notice that we DID outplay them tonight? Two awful defensive goals. Gifts.

You want everything I want, but I know that's all at least a decade into the future, if not more.

What do I want now? What do you want right now?

I don't expect much, given the much-discussed, sad realities of our ownership and financial structure. But I expect commitment, and I expect that the team give me something to be happy about when I think about Tottenham Hotspur. The latter is being done very nicely with the emergence of Kane and Mason, two local lads done good who make me feel warm inside. And Kane tried his hardest yesterday, in a derby that meant as much to him as it did to us.

Did it mean as much to Poch? When I say I expect commitment, it's very little to ask for, bit I do f*cking mean it. Is Poch committed to the idea of Tottenham Hotspur? Does he know what we stand for? Does he care?

I want a manager as committed to what it means to be a part of this club as the fans are: a substitute for the big name managerial talent or the proven trophy winning resume. If Poch isn't aware, then sod all the great titles and cups, because there's literally no point.

As for what happened to me, Steff...let's just say it was the death of youthful hopefulness and idealism about the game, our club, and a lot more besides...and leave it at that, eh?

Last edited:
I was also baffled to see us give Fazio his first start of the season, and generally thought we'd put out a stronger side. Having said that, I thought we were the better team throughout most of the match. We were chasing the equalizer after they scored, and after it was 1-1, I thought we looked like the only team to score. In the end, some poor goalkeeping, and a bad decision by a center back is what lost us the game - margins. Sure, if I were the manager I'd start with a stronger team, but in the end, I thought the lot that played did well, were competitive, and ultimately the better side - although the result went against us.

I was seriously tinkleed off when I posted that. Still am, but please read it in that vein. I do genuinely see that Poch has made some progress with the side (not as much as I'd have liked, but hey, you can't have everything), I like the brave approach he takes with regard to attacking football and young players, and generally I'm content to let him have this season as well to bed in if he really must take so long to do it.

However, I draw the f*cking line at playing weakened sides against the scum. No amount of ostensible 'common sense' can shake me from this, and believe me when I say that I do mean it. I want us to try our hardest to win every game against that lot, every time. Poch playing a weakened side and resting our regulars is not doing our hardest, it is Poch deciding an NLD isn't worth tiring our players out for what will be a likely draw/defeat against City anyway.

Say what you like, steff, on this point I am firm. Poch did not treat this the way I want to see NLDs (if nothing else) treated. He made an error of judgement. I'll be very happy if he learns from it, but if he makes it again, then I will really have to start fearing for his future, given that such an impossibly dense error of judgement happening twice is inconceivable and will raise some troubling questions given how much it's alienated so many fans this time around alone.

As for the difference in 'hysteria' between now and that 1-4 game (I think it was back in 2010-2011), firstly, I assure you that I was as angry then as I am now: I wasn't a poster here, though. Secondly, as for the difference in general anger, in 2010 we were at the beginning of what we thought was an extraordinary adventure and an irresistible rise to the top: now, we are a rather inelegant team when compared to the one we had in 2010-2011, mired in the stagnation of upper mid-table, and with little to look forward to except the young 'uns, the derbies and the occasional cup game where we might actually be able to make our mark. And we all know that it will likely stay this way until a while after the stadium's built.

Now, in this game, Poch threw away the chance for a trophy run and lost to our derby rivals in an inarguably disinterested fashion. Can you blame people for being madder ththan they were in 2010? I mean, I'm an absolutist on this issue, but I can understand where the people who are angry are coming from.

An 'irresistible rise to the top'. Perhaps. We had Bale, Modric, King and would soon add VdV. Four arguably world class players (three for sure) and the players our manager at the time rode to the edges of the promised land. 'Little to look forward to'? If you cannot find the potential joys of Alli, Kane, Eriksen, Son and the others we have coming through, well, that one is on you mate.

As for your second question, yes, I can. Nobody enjoys losing to those tossers, least of all me, but I can think of several far FAR more egregious defeats to them. Here's one . Scum 5 Spurs 2, Feb 2012. Talk about an inexfukkingscusable defeat, well THERE you have it. That one. If some warriors want to get as angry about this one, well, 'tis a free society!

An 'irresistible rise to the top'. Perhaps. We had Bale, Modric, King and would soon add VdV. Four arguably world class players (three for sure) and the players our manager at the time rode to the edges of the promised land. 'Little to look forward to'? If you cannot find the potential joys of Alli, Kane, Eriksen, Son and the others we have coming through, well, that one is on you mate.

As for your second question, yes, I can. Nobody enjoys losing to those tossers, least of all me, but I can think of several far FAR more egregious defeats to them. Here's one . Scum 5 Spurs 2, Feb 2012. Talk about an inexfukkingscusable defeat, well THERE you have it. That one. If some warriors want to get as angry about this one, well, 'tis a free society!

Like I said, I do look forward to the young 'uns coming through, so Alli, Kane and co. are definitely ones I have my eye on. The rest, meh. After Modders and Bale, I've been desensitised to our overseas stars to an extent: Toby, Verts Son, Eriksen, Hugo, they'll all go, and likely will go without having won us anything or without having gotten us into the CL, so there's little point in going wild over them. In any case, like I said, I'm an absolutist on this: I'll get mad whenever we shrug our shoulders and pass on a chance of beating the scum. I was only hypothesizing about why everyone else is angrier now than they were when we beaten in a similar fashion in 2010-2011.

And as for blaming people for being madder than they were in 2010, you quoted a game from...2012, mate. :p

You want everything I want, but I know that's all at least a decade into the future, if not more.

What do I want now? What do you want right now?

I don't expect much, given the much-discussed, sad realities of our ownership and financial structure. But I expect commitment, and I expect that the team give me something to be happy about when I think about Tottenham Hotspur. The latter is being done very nicely with the emergence of Kane and Mason, two local lads done good who make me feel warm inside. And Kane tried his hardest yesterday, in a derby that meant as much to him as it did to us.

Did it mean as much to Poch? When I say I expect commitment, it's very little to ask for, bit I do f*cking mean it. Is Poch committed to the idea of Tottenham Hotspur? Does he know what we stand for? Does he care?

I want a manager as committed to what it means to be a part of this club as the fans are: a substitute for the big name managerial talent or the proven trophy winning resume. If Poch isn't aware, then sod all the great titles and cups, because there's literally no point.

As for what happened to me, Steff...let's just say it was the death of youthful hopefulness and idealism about the game, our club, and a lot more besides...and leave it at that, eh?

Knee-jerking of the highest order IMO. You are seriously questioning the passion and heart of a man who is actually prepared to do the serious grunt work of overhauling this club from top to bottom, get rid of all the fudging part-time waster signed short-term by some of our other 'managers' more interested in their own CVs than the long-term health of this wonderful club, and remain committed to it? Come off it! The man didn't lose to them last season FFS!

Honestly, I think this is madness.

Like I said, I do look forward to the young 'uns coming through, so Alli, Kane and co. are definitely ones I have my eye on. The rest, meh. After Modders and Bale, I've been desensitised to our overseas stars to an extent: Toby, Verts Son, Eriksen, Hugo, they'll all go, and likely will go without having won us anything or without having gotten us into the CL, so there's little point in going wild over them. In any case, like I said, I'm an absolutist on this: I'll get mad whenever we shrug our shoulders and pass on a chance of beating the scum. I was only hypothesizing about why everyone else is angrier now than they were when we beaten in a similar fashion in 2010-2011.

And as for blaming people for being madder than they were in 2010, you quoted a game from...2012, mate. :p

Right. I did that to illustrate there have been more egregious defeats in our history to them than last night's. Bale is not an overseas star either my friend, Wales is still stuck onto England! Anyway, you have your view and I have mine. I'm done. I've been to around two dozen derbies in my life and watched countless more on the tube. I know what it means...

Knee-jerking of the highest order IMO. You are seriously questioning the passion and heart of a man who is actually prepared to do the serious grunt work of overhauling this club from top to bottom, get rid of all the fudgeing part-time waster signed short-term by some of our other 'managers' more interested in their own CVs than the long-term health of this wonderful club, and remain committed to it? Come off it! The man didn't lose to them last season FFS!

Honestly, I think this is madness.

This is insane, Steff. I like the man (Poch, that is), but crediting him with doing his damn job and calling that 'commitment'? Doing some Saturday-morning grunt work is equivalent to feeling the passion for the club that the fans show together? And he's not doing all this out of the goodness of his damn heart,he's doing this because we are the biggest club he's ever managed and pay him a higher salary than he's ever managed to wrangle before.

Does he understand our club? Does he know the significance of the NLD to the fans who pay his damn salary? If he does, playing a side like that is inexcusable, especially since, when manager of Espanyol, he played the same team against Barca in the cup and then a few days later in the league - he knew what that derby meant, since he'd played in if himself. I really hope he knows what the NLD means, because his approach yesterday showed no indication that he does.

Right. I did that to illustrate there have been more egregious defeats in our history to them than last night's. Bale is not an overseas star either my friend, Wales is still stuck onto England! Anyway, you have your view and I have mine. I'm done. I've been to around two dozen derbies in my life and watched countless more on the tube. I know what it means...

Fair point re Bale, although Plaid Cymru could go all SNP at some point, you never know. :p As for the derbies, I'm not saying you aren't hurting, mate. I know you are. And I know you're far more experienced a fan than I am, since I'm in my late twenties and have never seen an NLD live. But honestly, I think you're beibg a bit short-sighted and unsympathetic, and you're underestimating what yesterday meant to the fans who expected to see a strong team and a push for the trophy we came close to winning last year.

Back