• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Scum COC OMT

I'm gutted. Just got home from the match.

Also gutted to read how little respect a lot of posters have for this cup. Such a sad state of football in 2015 that this competition is looked upon with such contempt.

I remember 1998. I remember the disappointment in 2002 and the hysteria in 2008.

fudge football!

Also gutted to read how little respect a lot of posters have for this cup. Such a sad state of football in 2015 that this competition is looked upon with such contempt.

I remember 1998. I remember the disappointment in 2002 and the hysteria in 2008.

fudge football!

I'm gutted that we lost tonight and would have loved us to win the league cup but we have to admit that it is the third competition in this country and probably our fourth priority for the season. It sounds awful to admit it but I would struggle to remember the league cup finalists in a year when we were not involved.

I'm gutted that we lost tonight and would have loved us to win the league cup but we have to admit that it is the third competition in this country and probably our fourth priority for the season. It sounds awful to admit it but I would struggle to remember the league cup finalists in a year when we were not involved.

I view it on a level par with the FA Cup. Yes it probably is behind it in terms of priorities but I've seen the old videos of our old boys in the 70's and the joy on their faces makes me wish I'd been around then.

I agree I couldn't remember the finalists in years gone by but I certainly remember the hysteria when we won it and want that every year.

fudge football!

So true. It's pathetic when people say. Oh happy to be out the cup. fudge off!!

We don't win trophies where we can afford to fight on more Important fronts. We need to play our strongest team in every cup. The league is where we should rest players. We aren't going to finish top 4 So it's just about winning a trophy

So true. It's pathetic when people say. Oh happy to be out the cup. fudge off!!

We don't win trophies where we can afford to fight on more Important fronts. We need to play our strongest team in every cup. The league is where we should rest players. We aren't going to finish top 4 So it's just about winning a trophy

It really isn't. If we finish below 6th the masses will be calling for Poch's head.

Then we have it wrong ...

- Without a backup to Kane and the general youth nature of our team, 4th (which on our better seasons is a dream) was/is never on
- #1 priority should be Europe as the prize is CL
- #2 should be a Cup of any fudging kind .. (add the value of a cup you beat the Scum in the run in)
- #3 (and waits for the venom) in my opinion is the inevitable 5th-6th place in the PL (which we have pretty much proven any manager with our squad can get).

I thought it was just a tinkle poor game. Dier looked tired and needed the rest and Carroll is not up to the level we need. It's great that he stayed at the club, because without him we would be relying on Winks, although I honestly think the lad would've been better tonight. At the start of the second half he really started looking for the ball, but faded as the half went on. Townsend was better than last season's Townsend, but again he just doesn't seem to be up to the standard needed. He and Trippier seem to both want to be in the same space and don't seem to be a good fit, like when Lennon was always smothered by Glen Johnson for England.

I can't get over how Flamini was able to get into so much space for the second and there was a real disconnect in the defence all night. Wimmer was pulled over a lot tonight and there were some very big gaps between him and Rose at times. This might have been as a result of Fazio not dealing with Giroud, but even if that is so, Rose needs to identify the problem and move infield. Apart from that though, Rose was solid and really effective going forwards.

Poch is still learning about how best to deploy Son and Clinton, but I reckon after 1.5 anonymous showings, it's fair to say that Son isn't suited to playing from the right. By the same method I would say that Clinton has looked better when working off of the left.

Side Note: WTF is wrong with WHL. They were almost booing our own players in the first half when Fazio, Wimmer and Vorm were knocking the ball about. They kept hold of it and actually sucked in enough gooners to form a decent platform for us to attack from.

Doesn't matter if its third competition...we lost to the Scum.....
at home..
now that matters in my book...

It really isn't. If we finish below 6th the masses will be calling for Poch's head.

And they should, as Jol, Harry, AVB, TS and Poch have all shown 5th-6th is the right expectation for this squad.

A cup and 6th is much better than fudge all and 5th ...

I must have been watching a different game to you, and pretty much the rest of the forum. Carroll had drive. He played a lot of good forward passes. His job is to move the ball forward so he's going to lose the ball sometimes, but I can't see how he copped most of the flack tonight. Dier was worse for me.

Carroll was very good and was involved a lot too. Those weren't aimless balls, a couple were poorly executed and a few were let down by (kane usually) being on his heels or stopping his run.

Dier was good but for their goal and in the first half he didn't do brilliant.

If people cannot see that carroll had a really decent game tonight then I am shocked

Carroll was very good and was involved a lot too. Those weren't aimless balls, a couple were poorly executed and a few were let down by (kane usually) being on his heels or stopping his run.

Dier was good but for their goal and in the first half he didn't do brilliant.

If people cannot see that carroll had a really decent game tonight then I am shocked

Really??? He was awful. Don't remember him completing one pass forward. No coincidence that he never has really had a shout for the centre mid position. Loan moves have also not worked out for him.

You can see Dier is exhausted and Kane is our only true striker, so we probably can't compete on 4 fronts this year... so we now have a clear agenda to take 3 competitions very, very seriously rather than last year's confusion where we staggered to defeat on all fronts within a week or two. Big big game against Monaco now, we need to be successful in Europe now.

Really??? He was awful. Don't remember him completing one pass forward. No coincidence that he never has really had a shout for the centre mid position. Loan moves have also not worked out for him.

Well he set kane and rose through with some exquisite passes, there were two reverse passes into townsend early on. That's off the top of my head.

He got around the pitch well and put himself around a lot more. He linked the play and used space really really well.

You can see Dier is exhausted and Kane is our only true striker, so we probably can't compete on 4 fronts this year... so we now have a clear agenda to take 3 competitions very, very seriously rather than last year's confusion where we staggered to defeat on all fronts within a week or two. Big big game against Monaco now, we need to be successful in Europe now.

You mean the competiton that is least demanding and probably the easiest to win?

Every time we have played a decent European side we have come up short. This young side will struggle in Europe, we have wasted our chance at silverware in all honesty

I thought it was an even game between two rotated teams. We probably needed Kane's volley to go in instead of being cleared off the line, but there we go.

Re. Carroll, I thought he was hit and miss, neither very good or awful. Fazio and Vorm are sh1te. Wimmer looks alright.

Luxury player..?
WALOB no such thing...I remember Ginola being called that!
What you can't read or are you just blind?
I said when he tires, if you have the game recorded see who who is nearest to Flaminin as he volleys, then tell me that Eriksen did his job.

Just cos he likes to attack doesn't mean he should on the pitch taking it easy.

I must have been watching a different game to you, and pretty much the rest of the forum. Carroll had drive. He played a lot of good forward passes. His job is to move the ball forward so he's going to lose the ball sometimes, but I can't see how he copped most of the flack tonight. Dier was worse for me.
I thought that but I missed the first few minutes so wasn't sure why he was getting so much flack.

Great, I'll hold Poch to that. If he plays a weakened team just once more....heaven have mercy on the man, because I f*cking won't.

I want to see a full strength side in every game from now on, since Poch evidently thought highly enough of our chances to win them all to play a weakened side in a f*cking NLD. Even against FK f*cking Qarabag in Azerbaijan.

Now that he's been relieved of the awful, awful burden of competing in a cup we could have won, poor man: and of the burden of fielding strong sides against our rivals.

Back