• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Scum COC OMT

I'm perfectly calm, it just didn't seem like there was as much commitment as if it was a league game.

Danny Rose the exception though- def seemed up for it.

To be expected. It's the third round, going out is no disaster.

Kane's volley was very good, Gibbs saved a goal by about 1 inch, dammit.

We also hit the post at some point and I think Kane scored but was offside... so we did have a few chances now I think about it.

Positives.

Sometimes I wish someone would do a Flamini-tackle on Flamini...

There were some positives from the match:

Kane is getting very close. And he keeps working exeptionally hard. If Gibbs' head had been an inch further back, that would have been goal of the season-contender. Will score this weekend, either on the pitch, or with his girl( if he has one...).
Eriksen completed 90 minutes, and did very good.
Carrol shows that he has promise still, however a few very bad passes into no-mans land.
Eric Dier confirms what a legend-in-the-making he is. Very good game.
Chadli on/off, but when on he is very good.
Rose carried our attack alone at times.

The negatives:
Fazio. This must have been his final game for us. I'd rather play a random person from Block H, row 11 (probably seat 24) than Federico Fazio ever again.
Vorn. There are infants at a maternity ward who know that a rebound from a shot should be knocked to a side, not straight back out from goal. Some of them even manage to do it! Our goalie does not, apparently.
Pochettino: Wrong subs at the wrong time. Son looked like a doe in the headlights of a car. N'jie should have had more time to make an impact. However, it is easy to understand why he did send Son on first, concidering the last two games he has played. Today it didn't work out, though.

Let's just trash them in the League instead.

(edit - moved around to make sense...)

Kane's volley was very good, Gibbs saved a goal by about 1 inch, dammit.

We also hit the post at some point and I think Kane scored but was offside... so we did have a few chances now I think about it.

Positives.

Grasping at straws .. the truth?

Game was ours to win with a proper team selection, would have kept a 4 game win streak going and good positive feeling going into week-end.

Instead, a brick loss, with another likely loss on week-end, if you had to prioritize those two games and your answer was City ... you got it wrong.

Positives for me are we know who has a bit about them from that team

The players that look good enough

Rose
Tripper
Dier
Wimmer
Erisken
Chaldi
Kane

The rest who started simply don't look good enough for us irrelevant if they played better or worse than the others

Fazio was not as bad as most are saying.

Vorm cost us tonight far more than Fazio who does need new contact lenses, I grant!

Fazio was not as bad as most are saying

I moaned about him a lot but see where you're coming from.

If you edited out a handful of mistakes he actually defended quite well, especially bouncing balls in the air.

Unf mistakes at CB tend to standout quite badly though.

I moaned about him a lot but see where you're coming from.

If you edited out a handful of mistakes he actually defended quite well, especially bouncing balls in the air.

Unf mistakes at CB tend to standout quite badly though.

Agree - we should have played Hugo

No other complaints

Knee jerk admittedly...but I can only see Poch being a failure...even though we have a better squad
than last season. Spurs are a soft touch...so I suppose we have a manager to match how we have always been .... A SOFT TOUCH...
only fans who understand how this club operates knows we are on a loser here with Poch.
Redknapp as well was a loser..despite how he managed to get us to the quarter finals of the ECCup.
On the backs of some great signings by the club not by him who could did not have the insight to buy a class player.

I,m being harsh...but lets face it ...its same old same old........................
Rant not quite over yet....................................................

We gave them two goals on a plate, that was the difference for me. That and the experience they had on the pitch compared to us.

You cannot give even the most limited prem players a chance to set themselves up for a shot it seems

I thought subs were surprising. You could see Trippier lacked pace, especially against Sanchez but he has a good cross. Eriksen is a luxury player once he tires he doesn't track. Also, he is probably fit for 70 mins at the moment.
So why not bring Walker to play RB and Trippier to play RM with Son playing centrally with Kane, this would expose their CBs on the deck?
Njie was brought on so why not play him RW, as clearly he is not comfortable with his left?
The subs were, to be fair attacking, but not well thought.
The right side needed shoring up and the other thing I wondered was did we buy Njie just for his pace but forgot about a football brain?
We were the better team but yet again we were losers. It is in these games the poverty of our transfer dealings comes through.

Dier looked knackered and the team lacked urgency. I agree with those asking why Clinton did not start his PacE would have troubled them, whilst Chadli slowed the game down playing right into their hands. We got lucky with our goal. Townsend was very disappointing. Alli showed his inexperience when he flew into the tackle on mertebricker. Fazio oh Fazio why so sloppy? it's like we have to have at least one in the team. Disappointed to lose to the scum, at home but I console my self with the fact we can focus on the league and Europe. Oh and we need another striker as Kane needs a rest.

How very very disappointing. I'm not particularly happy with Poch for his team selection. That being said, none of our players had particularly good games. It just so happened Fazio was decidedly average, and that's being kind, and Vorm made a ridiculous error. That game was for the taking, and it annoys me that we didn't.

I thought subs were surprising. You could see Trippier lacked pace, especially against Sanchez but he has a good cross. Eriksen is a luxury player once he tires he doesn't track. Also, he is probably fit for 70 mins at the moment.
So why not bring Walker to play RB and Trippier to play RM with Son playing centrally with Kane, this would expose their CBs on the deck?
Njie was brought on so why not play him RW, as clearly he is not comfortable with his left?
The subs were, to be fair attacking, but not well thought.
The right side needed shoring up and the other thing I wondered was did we buy Njie just for his pace but forgot about a football brain?
We were the better team but yet again we were losers. It is in these games the poverty of our transfer dealings comes through.

Luxury player..?
WALOB no such thing...I remember Ginola being called that!

Dull game, lacking any real quality. They were nothing special at all and the game should have been there for the taking but weak selections from Pochettino put the caidhp bháis on it. Poor show.

Yea I saw pictures of that, that will end up hurting them I'm afraid. No insider knowledge of these things but I've been to enough spurs Ar5ena1 games to know they are conference league in these matters.

I've heard or read that the two clubs have an agreement where they pay for any damage the fans do to the other club's stadium when we play each other. You'd have to be pretty stupid to do that in the first place if you ask me.

u must be joking! Time and time again he just pinged the ball into no mans land totally unforced! Apart from a few fancy back heels he was mostly out of his depth

I must have been watching a different game to you, and pretty much the rest of the forum. Carroll had drive. He played a lot of good forward passes. His job is to move the ball forward so he's going to lose the ball sometimes, but I can't see how he copped most of the flack tonight. Dier was worse for me.

Back