• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Crystal Palace OMT ***

Eriksen's goal was our 100th of the season - when did that last happen??

Such a brilliant strike, and unlike the Matic wonder strike, this is not one of a kind either. There was a stat on telly that since Eriksen arrived in the PL, he's scored 14 goals from outside the area. More than anyone else during that period.

2006/07 (104) and 2007/08 (102) at least.

Not a starter on our team for me. But an excellent option off the bench and good option for cup games/cover
Would have thought more people would be wary of signing another player that's doing well for a counter attacking side after Sissoko.

Son is a better player and frequently an option for us off the bench.

How much would Zaha cost us? I think in his price range a lot of talented players can be found.

Well done Spurs..absolutely massive win...
I couldn't,believe Poch playing Sissoko in such an important game...but I hear he played well!
Crazy gamble though....

Where do we go from here...every game gets bigger.
Anyway....massive win....
Get innnnnnnnnnnnnn......

Some interesting facts about 74 -

74 is:

• the twenty-first distinct semiprime and the eleventh of the form 2×q.
  • the sixth composite number in the 43-aliquot tree. The aliquot sum of 74 is 40 within the aliquot sequence (74,40,50,43,1,0).
  • a palindromic number in bases 6 (2026) and 36 (2236).
  • a nontotient.
Great little number, that.

Oh, almost forgot - 74 is also:

• the new record points total achieved by Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League era, as of the 26th of April, 2017. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations, lads. Congratulations, Poch. *This* is real, tangible progress - finishing on 70 points in a season where everyone bar Leicester and ourselves underperformed can be interpreted differently by different people...

...but *this* cannot. Whichever way you dice it, this is concrete, unarguable, unimpeachable proof of forward progress - a pointer to the future, and a salutary farewell to the standards that teams of the past strived relentlessly to reach. This team has now set the new bar. And *that* is an achievement worth celebrating, no matter what else happens this season. :)

I thought Eriksen, Alli and Kane were exceptional tonight

Lots of tough situations with several men challenging them, and they spun, fought, won it, went forwards.

Many other players just laid if off sideways or lost the ball or fought and laid it backwards, but those 3 made a massive difference tonight.

I thought Alli was a bit off but Eriksen was immense.

As for the game itself, Palace tired after Sakho went off, and were clinging on by the end - would have been surprised if we'd finished without a goal, to be honest. And although anyone here who says they weren't bricking gold bars when seven minutes went up on the board is lying :), that was as cool a display of dominance as I've seen. Just toyed with Palace as they desperately charged around - ran the clock down with an almost dismissive, utterly overwhelming air of indifference.

That was maybe more beautiful to watch than the goal itself. :D

As for the game itself, Palace tired after Sakho went off, and were clinging on by the end - would have been surprised if we'd finished without a goal, to be honest. And although anyone here who says they weren't bricking gold bars when seven minutes went up on the board is lying :), that was as cool a display of dominance as I've seen. Just toyed with Palace as they desperately charged around - ran the clock down with an almost dismissive, utterly overwhelming air of indifference.

That was maybe more beautiful to watch than the goal itself. :D

Indeed. Credit to Sissoko for grinding out 2 corners in quick succession at the death, and tbh looked to me like it should have been 3 on the bounce too

Really???

Walker took him out on the 48th minute

He looked like a player we could do with as a real alternative IMO

Maybe he is a marmite player
Thought the change at half time by Poch was inspired. Took away both Wanyama and Dembele and gave us width higher up the pitch. Sissoko and Walker doubled up on zaha when needed and pin back the full back. So Zaha was no threat after Walker took him out.

An other big disappointment for our "fans", a lucky win, no chance on Sunday we always bottle it, they are in fantastic form, they always try harder than us, we always fall away at the end of the season.......fill in your own negative thoughts. This team are crap they've only just managed to get our most points in Greedship era, had 8 straight wins, scored 100 goals, I've no confidence in them.

Reading some Palace comments and apparently Moss is so biased towards the big clubs it's unreal.

Thought moss was doing okay until the wanyama no action. He went for his card then realised who it was. And probably who he played for and playing against. Corrupt

For the second half their match thread was mostly "fudge off and die you inbred clown shoe".

Back