• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Crystal Palace OMT ***

Hey I hope I'm wrong about Walker. Just the reports seem very specific albeit from coming from his agent. He just didn't look at the races. Fingers crossed just one of those days or something else affecting his performance. COYS!!

So he is not allowed to have a day off?

Pulled out of the second one and the first was a genuine attempt to win the ball. First one should've been a talking to leaving the ref with some leeway.

Exactly.
Ok, a bit silly to go to ground but he didn't jump in on Townsend just connected with his dive. Drives me mad with 'experts' like Redknapp and Quinn saying he definitely deserved a second yellow, gives very little leeway for players to make a challenge for the ball if that's the criteria we're basing sending them off for.

Exactly.
Ok, a bit silly to go to ground but he didn't jump in on Townsend just connected with his dive. Drives me mad with 'experts' like Redknapp and Quinn saying he definitely deserved a second yellow, gives very little leeway for players to make a challenge for the ball if that's the criteria we're basing sending them off for.

The same Redknapp who stepped a yard over the ball to rake an opponent and then said it was a fair tackle?

A man whose judgement is to be trusted. Not.

Never thought it would be easy against a team managed by Fat Sam, 10 behind the ball and hoof it to Benteke was the only option they had.

If anyone says we "only" won 1-0 remind them that in April Palace have beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Someone should remind Sky that too, as it appears it was an average performance. Listening to them anybody would have thought we were away at Grimsby expecting a steramroll

Due to the fact that he did something against the rules many years ago, he cannot be trustworthy for the rest of his life.

crowd-gif.gif

Would have thought more people would be wary of signing another player that's doing well for a counter attacking side after Sissoko.

Son is a better player and frequently an option for us off the bench.

How much would Zaha cost us? I think in his price range a lot of talented players can be found.

Sorry. I must have missed Sissoko doing well at Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Zaha is a completely different player.

didn't see it as the kind of game that needed lots of bookings tbh so thought Moss did ok. Wanyama didn't deserve a second booking imo; looked to me like he pulled out of the challenge. Would have been harsh.

He was already on a booking and dived in. Granted Townsend did jump over him but if you go to ground like Wanyama did whilst on a booking you're asking for trouble.

As for the game itself, Palace tired after Sakho went off, and were clinging on by the end - would have been surprised if we'd finished without a goal, to be honest. And although anyone here who says they weren't bricking gold bars when seven minutes went up on the board is lying :), that was as cool a display of dominance as I've seen. Just toyed with Palace as they desperately charged around - ran the clock down with an almost dismissive, utterly overwhelming air of indifference.

That was maybe more beautiful to watch than the goal itself. :D
I wasn't bricking it at the end - but then again, I'd fallen asleep at half time, hahaha. GHod, what a wonderful way to wake up ! I can see Eriksen stroking home a beautiful free kick very, very soon ...

This was a badly needed win for us. After the disapppointing loss to Chelsea in the FA Cup, the team needed to respond positively, so glad they did. This not only has put us back to within 4 points of first place but we have also achieved our record league points in the PL era. But what a tensed match it was. Just like the Swansea match, we again needed a late goal to win this match. For some reason, the team couldn't lift their performance. Maybe they were still affected by the Chelsea defeat.

Credit to Eriksen for getting our only goal. Good to see all the players contributing to our league title race just when we badly need it. Until Eriksen's goal, was worried we might lost out in the title race again. Really glad Eriksen rescued us with that long range goal just when we badly needed it. This goal proves we can score long range goals if we try it instead of always trying to walk the ball into the net. Our main goal scorers Kane and Alli were missing for most of the match and didn't look like scoring a goal. In fact, Alli wasted our best chance of the match when he couldn't hit the target from close range after being set up by Walker in the second half. Strangely, Kane lacked his usual killer instinct in front of goal.

Felt our midfield didn't have a good match. We couldn't control the midfield which helped Palace to stop our attacks. Wanyama was very lucky not to get send off for 2 yellow cards in the first half. Pochettino was right to replace him at the start of the second half. Dembele was too quiet for most of the match except for a few altercations with the Palace players. Sissoko had a decent performance after replacing Dembele but he could have done much better. Similiarly, Son was largely ineffective after coming on in the second half.

Well done to the defence for keeping the clean sheet. After the disappointing performance against Chelsea when we conceded 4 goals, it was nice to see the defence back to their best. Ofcourse, there were a few nervy moments but Palace couldn't make the most from it. Hope we can keep the clean sheet for the rest of the season to help our title race.

Well done to Pochettino and the team for getting our 8th consecutive league win which is our longest winning run in the league since 1960. We have also set our new PL record of 74 points, overtaking the previous record of 72 points achieved under AVB. Let's hope we can win all our remaining matches and win the league title !

Last edited:
Sorry. I must have missed Sissoko doing well at Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Zaha is a completely different player.
He did well enough at Saudi Sportswashing Machine to get into the very strong French team for the Euros. And well enough for us to spend a big chunk of change on him last summer.

Zaha is a different player, more similar to Townsend (though better). The similarity I'm pointing to is that both of them (all three) look at their best in a counter attacking side with space to run into. He's also a player that does a lot on his own, takes a lot of touches and is fairly head down. Something I'm not sure is that good for us when we're trying to break teams down.

He also has a questionable record in terms of end product, with this season being the exception. Is this his new level or more of a bit streak?

Plenty of questions that are valid for me if we're taking about breaking our transfer record for him.
He was already on a booking and dived in. Granted Townsend did jump over him but if you go to ground like Wanyama did whilst on a booking you're asking for trouble.
Definitely a real risk. He gives the ref the chance to send him off.

Back