• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Now dust has setting, where do you expect us to finish in PL (Minimum?)

Where do you think we should finish in the PL now?

• 1st (Champions)

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • 2nd

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • 3rd

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • 4th

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • 5th

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • 6th

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree, they're being massively underrated. City in turn are being the overrated, they have more or less the same team as last season, the signings they made are good but not great, new manager getting used to a new league etc.
Exactly. Ok they got Jovetic and Negredo but they lost Balotelli and Tevez.

Don't forget that they have Navas too. I think he fixes one of their weaknesses from last season - width.

I think it is crazy to suggest United wont finish even in the top 4. Crazy.

Me too. They've still got Van Persie, Kagawa, Rooney, Valencia, Carrick, Vidic, I could go on. Fergie's gone but he's instilled a winning mentality in that club from top to bottom.

I don't see how people can predict we will leapfrog both United AND Arsenal.

I can see this season being an almighty struggle. We still don't look capable of opening teams up, which is really worrying as that was the case last year too. This year we don't have the Bale goals and are going to HAVE to be able to create chances.

Depending on how well the team gels and how good the new players actually are (Rose and Chadli look pretty average imo) we could possibly finish as high as 4th or as low as 8th. Is a team including Rose, Dawson, Chadli, Townsend actually that scary? Sounds a bit like Norwich quality to me. I'm going to plump for 7th and hope like hell that I'm wrong.

Agree about Rose, Dawson, Townsend and probably Chadli. Townsend and Rose are very weak, having spent £160m over two season, we should have better.

The day we bought Vlad, Erickson and Lamela I really started to believe, but I expected us to at least get a LB and hoped for another top creative player.

Added to that the anemic performance against Arsenal and it could be a case of same old/same old.

They have a good squad though. I'd take Countinhio, Struidge or Suarez at Spurs. They've got a good attacking three, Bolton put up a decent challenge to Arsenal a few seasons back. Their squad is more settled than ours as well, they don't have the strength in depth that we do but I won't write them of.

Suarez is genuinely world class and in the form of his life. He will add so much more to the current side which is anyway functioning well atm. If Suarez stays fit and out of trouble they are contenders for a top 4 place imo

I will be amazed if the top 6 does not involve Liverpool. Only 3 games so far. Injuries to key players could be more of an issue to Liverpool than the other 5 IMO.

Maybe not though since they don't have to worry about Europa league fixtures. They don't need as deep a squad as everyone else.

I think it could definitely be a 6 way title race this season. 1st and 6th will be closer than ever, I'm sure of that.

They have a good squad though. I'd take Countinhio, Struidge or Suarez at Spurs. They've got a good attacking three, Bolton put up a decent challenge to Arsenal a few seasons back. Their squad is more settled than ours as well, they don't have the strength in depth that we do but I won't write them of.

I would have to disagree with this statement. Here's their bench for the Utd match.

01 Jones
34 Kelly
38 Flanagan
47 Wisdom
06 Alberto
31 Sterling
33 Ibe

I know Suarez will come into the picture but the quality really isn't there in their squad. I think they're a few injuries away from putting out a very much weakened side. I will say that their current first 11 is purring along nicely. Rodgers really has them playing at a level that is more than the sum of their parts. For that they have to be commended.

I think given the loss of Bale and the mass influx of players then for me personally, 5th would be a minimum requirement. Maintaining our closeness to 3rd and 4th would still in my eyes be viewed as a solid season as I think we will come under pressure from Liverpool in terms of overtaking us and Arsenal will be looking to pull away. I want to re qualify for the CL but if I was offered 5th and one/two of the trophies on offer that we compete in then I would accept that gladly now.

5th is not an option. We have not spent £106 million on new players this summer to finish 5th.

AVB will get the sack and rightly so if we don't get at least 3rd and IMO he gets the bullet if there is any danger of us not getting top 4 with a few games to go.

We will get 3rd minimum.

5th is not an option. We have not spent £106 million on new players this summer to finish 5th.

AVB will get the sack and rightly so if we don't get at least 3rd and IMO he gets the bullet if there is any danger of us not getting top 4 with a few games to go.

We will get 3rd minimum.

We've spent £106,000,000 because we've made £109,000,000. Simple as that.

I personally don't think there is any danger of him getting the sack. We will get 3rd minimum.

They're not going to sack him right near the end of the season just because 4th looks a bit dicey.

I do agree he is a goner if we don't get top 4. I really don't see how are going to finish 3rd. Until we actually finish above scum, I'm going to assume it will never happen.

We've spent £106,000,000 because we've made £109,000,000. Simple as that.

I don't know how to use the like button. I'm surprised that we made a profit given all the speculation about having extra cash to throw about. But then, we don't factor in signing on bonuses, money paid to agents or the nature of the price paid, in terms of instalments. We could have made a net loss 'this' year but one that will turn in to a profit over time.

Back