• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Now dust has setting, where do you expect us to finish in PL (Minimum?)

Where do you think we should finish in the PL now?

• 1st (Champions)

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • 2nd

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • 3rd

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • 4th

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • 5th

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • 6th

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this is a better question to ask neutral fans, we should ask 100 palace fan a la family fortune and see what their responses are

Was listening to the radio here in Australia, and heard a betting update giving odds to win the Premier League.

In order, the favourites were: Chelsea, Man U, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool.

Then the presenters said it was the "usual suspects". I couldn't believe it. Not only us, but Arsenal as well. I know it's early days but anyone writing us or the **** off as a serious title threat is an idiot.

I think GD will play a big part in how this whole season pans out.

At the moment its fairly even BUT we do need to score more in my view. Not every team will offer little going forward like Cardiff did so we need to make our chances count especially in those ten min spells where just utterly dominate like against Norwich and today .

I think GD will play a big part in how this whole season pans out.

At the moment its fairly even BUT we do need to score more in my view. Not every team will offer little going forward like Cardiff did so we need to make our chances count especially in those ten min spells where just utterly dominate like against Norwich and today .

the goals will come as the players start getting more game time together, but its easy to see how any team would set up to try to snatch a draw.

Only another 61 points required to have our best ever finish. 18 wins and 7 draws will do the job! Doesn't sound a lot writing here and then you think about it!

Question is - will it be enough for 4th!?

After last season, I couldn't possibly comment!

If it wasn't and we finished 5th again then we really would have to be considered as one of the unluckiest sides ever in this country. Let's hope it doesn't happen though!

I keep thinking 4th is very doable until I try to put one of the Big 5 into 5th, and I just can't do it.

- Chelsea have so much quality it's hard to see them dropping out.
- Ditto City...just so many good players.
- ManU - you'd be a mug to write them off although they are shakey just now.
- Arsenal - the usual.

Which one of them misses out so we can get in there? Hard to pick any of them.

Man U - they aren't Manchester United Football Club anymore. They erred in appointing Fergie-Lite as manager. They should have gone in a new direction with a marquee-type manager who would make his mark on the squad.

Moyes will be gone by next season.

I keep thinking 4th is very doable until I try to put one of the Big 5 into 5th, and I just can't do it.

- Chelsea have so much quality it's hard to see them dropping out.
- Ditto City...just so many good players.
- ManU - you'd be a mug to write them off although they are shakey just now.
- Arsenal - the usual.

Which one of them misses out so we can get in there? Hard to pick any of them.

At the end of 08-09, could you have imagined that 2nd placed Liverpool were about to drop out of the top four for what has now become three years? A club with Torres, Reina, and an in-his-prime Gerrard in their ranks? And furthermore, could you have imagined that they would drop out to make way not for oil-rich City (who had just bought Robinho, Kompany, Zabaleta, Bridge, Nigel De Jong and Bellamy for something like 125 million pounds), but for little ol' us, with our little n' large combo of Crouch and Defoe up front, titchy little Modric and slow, lumbering Hudd as our centre-mids, and rent-a-quote 'Arry as our manager?

Every once in a while, the established order throws a wobbly and lets some aspiring entrant into their proving ring. They don't tend to stay there long (see us in 10-11 and Everton in 05-06) if they don't have ridiculous wealth to draw on, but they are given a chance or two. This season, United look flimsy after the retirement of their bloody-minded living legend, Chelsea have had their star player estranged by a grimly determined Mourinho, and City have played in a very Jekyll-and-Hyde fashion, smashing United but losing limply to Stoke. Only Arsenal have shown anything like consistent impressive form.

This year, the field is open to us and Liverpool, regardless of the strength of the opposing squads facing us. It has the feel of being that kind of season, a major shake-up to the established order of things that only occurs in short, fleeting bursts.

Will we take the chance being presented to us? It depends. We have been admirably single-minded so far, but we've had a lot of luck and have a lot of additions to bed in. So all we can do is focus on winning the next game we play, taking them slowly and definitely on an individual basis rather than targeting grand unbeaten runs and strings of wins. I feel AVB is well suited to doing that. So, hopefully, while the others around us falter and stumble, we will continue grimly grinding our way towards our goal, getting back into the star-studded lights of the competition we dazzled in two long years ago. And once we get there, our experience from the last time will hopefully stand us in good stead, and we can begin the process of preventing sagas like Bale's from happening on such a regular, painful basis.

This season is a free-for-all, make no mistake. Cardiff looked more dangerous yesterday than United have looked all season. It's definitely there for the taking.

Last chance before Saturday to be Mystic Meg.

Has anybody still not changed their mind? 39 said we would not get top 4 and a further 36 said we would only get 4th.

I don't think I've voted for anything as you can't vote via phone wifi. Minimum I expect us to finish is 4th. I think we'll finish higher than that though.

If United don't buy Herrera or some other class player in Jan, they could well be in trouble and I'm not just saying it because of the Emirates Marketing Project defeat. In their game against Palace they looked remarkably lethargic and that is the real sign of danger, not getting smashed by City (yet again). They're just not concentrating atm, so for me *if* we do shove our way into the top four, it'll have to be them making way. Chelsea, City, and **** have too much talent and fluidity on the counter, they'll go on some amazing runs against the lower sides this season.

We look like we're concentrating and focused as a team, but Lloris and Vertonghen have also been a bit wobbly despite our good defensive record so far, and it really depends on how quickly our attack can click and slice apart the ****pier teams in this league as much as suffocate them to death. I can see us strengthening in January though, thanks to our profit this summer.

If it was so easy to predict, bookies we be out of business. We have almost no shot, we would have to have a few of our new signings go on blinders, and we would need to be very lucky with injuries, both in us getting none and our competitors having.

Not sure where the crazy optimism comes from? maybe if we start smashing sides in the PL 4-0/5-0, but 1-0 wins can very easily become 0-0 or 0-1

City is my only absolute in the top 4
Manu -> I just don't think Moyes is good enough or their squad, mentally just can't see them outside the top 4
Cheat$ki -> should stroll top 4, but always an outside chance the whole Jose/RA/team thing could go tits up ..
Scum -> **** me, when will this run of form end? I always look at their squad and think no, then they do it .. ****ing annoying. That said, an injury to Ozil would **** them over, they are the one side highly unlikely to strengthen in January.

we'll also need one more at LB methinks. don't care for a another striker, we'll have fun with 4-6-0 if both soldado and defoe are out :)

I voted 3rd/top three. It was the optimist in me.

I'd be surprised if we finish outside that now.

I actually think we could win the league.

My bets are hedged.

Back