• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Now dust has setting, where do you expect us to finish in PL (Minimum?)

Where do you think we should finish in the PL now?

• 1st (Champions)

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • 2nd

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • 3rd

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • 4th

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • 5th

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • 6th

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Btw the only reason we had 57% possession against Arsenal was because our build-up play was so fvcking painful in its lethargy. Creativity is less an issue than speed of build-up. We don't need to boot it forwards, just keep it moving. Arsenal would re-form within 15 seconds by which point Dawson and Vertonghen had passed it back and forth between them 3 times.. I know AVB's whole tactical outlook centres around 'provoking' the opposition to move out of position by sitting deep with the ball, but that is a ludicrous tactic when the holes are already there (i.e. on the counter). Furthermore, it does not work unless the opposition become flustered, which only happens when they are put under the pressure of time, taking 5 passes and 15 touches to move it from one touchline to the other does not provoke anything.

I fear no amount of gelling will help these problems, only direction from the management. Otherwise we will promise a lot this season and deliver very little (i.e. a 5th or 6th placed finish).

1. Chelsea
2. *****al
3. Liverpool
4. Spurs
5. United
6. City

Probably not, but something tells me Chelsea will win it this season, **** will be a lot better than last season, same with Liverpool, while City and United will struggle more than last season, hopefully leaving us around 4th spot. Very hard to predict though, it's going to be an exciting season!

I feel 4th is the best we'll get this season

1. Chelsea
2. Emirates Marketing Project
3. Man Utd
4. US
5. Arsenal

3rd, 4th and 5th all to be within 1 or 2 points of each other.

Voted 4th but we may make 3rd if our players settle quickly.

1) Chelsea
2) City
3) Spurs
4) Utd
5) ****
6) Liverpool.

Last season CL was more of a hope than an expectation. This season anything below top 4 has to be seen as a failure on AVB and the players hands. I voted 4th.

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. United
4. Spurs

Last season CL was more of a hope than an expectation. This season anything below top 4 has to be seen as a failure on AVB and the players hands. I voted 4th.

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. United
4. Spurs

You are, I believe, the first to say it.

No way will we finish outside the top 4 this season. No way.

I edited my team in Fifa13, old boys gone, in with the new... And let me tell you, we are awesome! We're gonna win the league!!!! FIFA never get it wrong

The only certainty for top 4 imo is Chelsea. Most likely out of the remaining 5 is Arsenal imo, haven't finished outside the top 4 under Wenger, they haven't changed their manager and their team was on a title-winning run of form at the end of the season, plus they added one of the best players in the world. Next most likely is us imo, we have an excellent squad now and a manager who has had a year to begin implementing his ideas. I think AVB is a better manager than Moyes, Pellegrini, and Rodgers as well. Next I would say is Emirates Marketing Project, though I could easily see them dropping from the top 4 if Kompany is injured for any significant part of the season. Their defense looks lousy without him quite honestly. They also have zero depth in central midfield which will cause problems over the season. Their attackers are very good but they have replaced Tevez and Balotelli with Negredo and Jovetic which certainly isn't an upgrade. Navas is what they needed but he's just a very good winger, not much more than that.

So my top 4 is Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, City. In 5th I would have Liverpool, who have improved significantly over the summer and to me looked like the better team in their match against United. 5 points above Manchester United after 3 games is a pretty unusual position for them to be in too haha. Plus they don't have European football to worry about, otherwise their lack of squad depth would be more of a concern. So 6th Manchester United, which is a pretty big prediction but they have just lost the greatest manager of all time. I find it hard to believe that if Fergie was in charge still, United would be sitting with 4 points after 3 games, having just drawn Chelsea and lost to Liverpool. I think he would have pulled a win out of the bag at Anfield and that's the difference between him and Moyes.

My preferred top 4 (given that I'm certain Chelsea will be in it) would be Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, kind of want United and City to drop out. I think there's a chance of it tbh.

I think it is crazy to suggest United wont finish even in the top 4. Crazy.

They have an aging squad and a new manager. I think his fear of losing will get the best of him. The gap they won by last season wasn't a true measure of their superiority and everyone else have improved since.

Liverpool had 10 points after 9 games last season, they have 9 points after 3 games this season. That's interesting.

I will be amazed if the top 6 does not involve Liverpool. Only 3 games so far. Injuries to key players could be more of an issue to Liverpool than the other 5 IMO.

Their squad is poor. Their central midfield is Carrick, Fellaini and Cleverley. Our central midfield is so much better. In fact, I'd say that our entire team is bar Rooney, when he's on his purple patch form, and Van Persie. Evra would also get in ahead of Rose but I wouldn't take another of their players.

Ferguson worked wonders with that team. Moyes is on to a hiding.

Back