• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Now dust has setting, where do you expect us to finish in PL (Minimum?)

Where do you think we should finish in the PL now?

• 1st (Champions)

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • 2nd

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • 3rd

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • 4th

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • 5th

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • 6th

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Their squad is poor. Their central midfield is Carrick, Fellaini and Cleverley. Our central midfield is so much better. In fact, I'd say that our entire team is bar Rooney, when he's on his purple patch form, and Van Persie. Evra would also get in ahead of Rose but I wouldn't take another of their players.

Ferguson worked wonders with that team. Moyes is on to a hiding.

It's the same squad which one the title at an absolute canter. Whether you feel the gap is that big or not, these players have an unbelievable amount of experience in actually winning. I think you all underestimate what the culture of the club has evolved into during Fergie's reign. Do you honestly think it just vanishes with Fergie's departure? The club has bred success at least domestically for the past 20 years. That sort of thing is engrained in the club.

Moyes admittedly has a big task to do. But to just say they will bomb out of the top 4? It's a huge statement, and it's just based on a hunch rather than anything more substantial. (I guess all of our predictions are right now to be fair). My point is experience is key. Absolutely vital.

I would even say at this level of the game, quite often technically there isn't a huge difference between players' ability in the top 6 or so teams. But the difference is in a teams' mindset. It's hugely psychological, and it would not surprise me one bit if come May, United were not in the title mix up once again.

I think we'll challenge for the title, and finish anywhere from 1st to 4th.

Again, it's a complete hunch. The truth is, we have absolutely no idea how well this side will work together just yet. We have some very talented players, and even if we do start working well together, then the next step is AVB and the club genuinely believing they can win the title. I mean really visualise it. Not just write it on a forum as a throwaway comment. It's a massive step.

It took millions and millions of pounds to change a whole mindset of both Chelsea and City to finally win the title. It's not something that tends to happen simply because you have a gifted squad.

5th again I'm afraid - that's where fate always seems to put us. I think Pool will have a decent season - after all they KEPT their best player who last season was on a par with ours and added to the squad.

Liverpool will go from being a currently well functioning machine to the Luis Suarez show again. You can look at all the goals he scores and say he's carrying them, but it might just be the opposite because of his insistence on doing everything himself. No other player attempts as many shots and dribbles as him and his success rate is far too low. 5th or 6th for them.

Minimum, probably fifth. I gave AVB the benefit of the doubt last season,and stated that as long as we showed signs of progress towards implementing AVB's philosophu and gave 100 percent in every game, where we finished wouldn't matter much given the immediate post-Arry upheaval.

This season, he's been allowed to bring in a lot of players, most of them his own choices. We've had a year at the new training ground for him to implement his tactics and strategy, we look like a stronger squad than the one that finished last season and he's been allowed to bring in his own choice for DoF in Baldini. So, when you look at it that way, fourth probably should be the bare minimum. However, the Bale upheaval will definitely have impacted his plans for the new season, our players will take a while to get use to each other and we're competing with two very, very strong teams (Arsenal and Liverpool) for fourth. So when you look at it that way, fifth seems likely.

Overall, if we finish fifth and win a cup, I'll be fine with it.

Again, it's a complete hunch. The truth is, we have absolutely no idea how well this side will work together just yet. We have some very talented players, and even if we do start working well together, then the next step is AVB and the club genuinely believing they can win the title. I mean really visualise it. Not just write it on a forum as a throwaway comment. It's a massive step.

It took millions and millions of pounds to change a whole mindset of both Chelsea and City to finally win the title. It's not something that tends to happen simply because you have a gifted squad.

Of course, it's a hunch, I ain't got a crystal ball. I couldn't pick a side to win the league this season, I don't think there are any stand-out teams among the top 5 or 6. But I think we'll be right in the mix.

And surely a gifted squad = the right mindset? What do you think the millions at City bought? They bought better players and won a title. There's not some mythical "mindset" that gets purchased as a separate entity from the talent. The best and most expensive players tend to come with the right attitude.

The players and the club will believe that they can win the title if they start winning enough games. I reckon we will win plenty, which is why I think we'll be in the hunt. Whether we can get enough wins to finish 1st instead of 4th, that remains to be seen. But I honestly don't see why we can't.

Of course, it's a hunch, I ain't got a crystal ball. I couldn't pick a side to win the league this season, I don't think there are any stand-out teams among the top 5 or 6. But I think we'll be right in the mix.

And surely a gifted squad = the right mindset? What do you think the millions at City bought? They bought better players and won a title. There's not some mythical "mindset" that gets purchased as a separate entity from the talent. The best and most expensive players tend to come with the right attitude.

The players and the club will believe that they can win the title if they start winning enough games. I reckon we will win plenty, which is why I think we'll be in the hunt. Whether we can get enough wins to finish 1st instead of 4th, that remains to be seen. But I honestly don't see why we can't.

It remains to be proved. The millions at City wasn't just about buying the most talented players. It elevates expectations through an incredible amount of money being pumped into the club. They are automatically propelled into title contenders. They also bought experience like Toure, Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli who had experience and success.

Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli, are all young. Us buying them hasn't automatically frightened our rivals so much so that there is a huge amount of money being wagered on us winning the league. Expectation remains for us to challenge the top 4. If we had kept Bale, I think there would be a difference as to whether others and most importantly ourselves genuinely believed we could win the title.

We have steps we have to go through first. Lets start gelling and finding an identity. Establish a style, then we can start asking the next question about mindset and mental toughness.

You say a gifted squad = the right mindset. I don't agree necessarily. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't know how to apply yourself and know what it takes to win as a team then ultimately you won't be successful. Average players have often looked like world beaters at United because the club eats, sleeps and breathes success. Mediocrity isn't tolerated. They know how to win. They have the experience of knowing how to win.

We have bottled top 4 places in the last two seasons (well although we got 4th we still missed out, and should have got 3rd the season before). We have practically changed the whole starting XI and the clubs' and the general public perception remains for us to challenge for a top 4 spot, not win the title. It's a huge psychological thing.

I think we should be challenging for the title with this squad, but I think we'll be battling it out for 4th with Arsenal, Liverpool and Villa, 15 points adrift.

I can see this season being an almighty struggle. We still don't look capable of opening teams up, which is really worrying as that was the case last year too. This year we don't have the Bale goals and are going to HAVE to be able to create chances.

Depending on how well the team gels and how good the new players actually are (Rose and Chadli look pretty average imo) we could possibly finish as high as 4th or as low as 8th. Is a team including Rose, Dawson, Chadli, Townsend actually that scary? Sounds a bit like Norwich quality to me. I'm going to plump for 7th and hope like hell that I'm wrong.

i voted 5th, but could be 6th....its will be very tight though, maybe 4 or 5pts separating 4th-6th

we lost a genuine world class player and made some very good signings but they will need time to adjust to the PL

Next season (if we dont sell any of our top players next summer) we should do very well and genuinely challenge 3rd and 4th

For a side that came in 1 point off 4th and strengthened 6 positions like we have, surely we need to be looking a bit further up the table no? I think people are letting the one goal arsenal scored against us (in their own park mind you) skew their vision. We had 57% possession, more shots, more corners, but just lacked that one finish. ONE finish. We more than held our own in midfield and had them pinned in for the last 15 minutes. Surely if Lamela would have buried one we'd see some much different responses.

The reality of it is there's really not much between the top 6 sides. For me:

1 - City (Will be incredibly tough defensively. Funny thing is, I could also see Pelligrini getting sacked midseason as well)
2 - Spurs
3 - Chelsea (Concerns with lack of depth in defense, but they'll surely buy the best player available come January)
4 - Man U (Lack of a genuine top 4 midfield, but the players they've got up front will do the business and ensure top 4)
5 - Arsenal (No strength in defense, and no real depth see them outside the top 4. Ozil doesn't address any of their problems)
6 - Liverpool (Will draw with l'**** on points and should play some of the best stuff in the Prem)

Think 2-6 could all be within 10 points of each other once the dust has truly settled.

I don't know why people delude themselves just because it's the trend.. Just because everyone says ARsenal's defense is **** does not mean it is worse than the SPURS one, for the past 16 seasons where have Arsenal finished in comparison to Spurs in the goals conceded table? People on here talk about Arsenals defense like it is the worst in the league, can you believe that last season they had the second best defense in the league.. They have always conceded less goals than Spurs. And OZIL does not address any of their problems? lol. The Spurs fans should know better than anyone, One Top player makes a difference, If it wasn't for BALE last season where would you have finished? Rvp at Arsenal and United proved it too.. And Arsenal have still got the likes of Arteta (6 goals), Walcott (21 goals), Podoslski (16 goals), Giroud (17 goals), Cazorla (12 goals), Rosicky, Wheelchair, Ramsey, Flamini, The OX. The defense you keep talking about, Spurs have a better keeper (Lloris), But CB- (Koscielny - Vertonghen), (Dawson - Mertesacker), (Vermaelen - Kaboul).. RB (Walker/ Naughton - Sagna/Jenkinson)... LB (Rose/? - Gibbs/Monreal). Tell me that Spurs have a better defense than them..

And I think Arsenal were just cautious against SPURS and that's why they did not push on.. After the start of the season they had, they had so much to lose compared to Spurs, so they had to play more reserves to make sure they did not lose tow games in a row at home, and they realized in the first 10 minutes that SPURS were toothless in attack, so they sat back and hit on the counter, and it worked, the only reason it was not worse for spurs was MOTM Lloris...

I'll need to see us get a few more games in before making any kind of guess, except to say I think top 4 is going to be even more competitive this season than last.

I think it is crazy to suggest United wont finish even in the top 4. Crazy.

I agree, they're being massively underrated. City in turn are being the overrated, they have more or less the same team as last season, the signings they made are good but not great, new manager getting used to a new league etc.

Voted 5th. But for Bale last season we'd have been upper mid-table at best.

This season we have a bunch of very talented new players but all of them unproven in the EPL. Could be a bit of a roller-coaster before the team fires on all cylinders.

Back