• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Now dust has setting, where do you expect us to finish in PL (Minimum?)

Where do you think we should finish in the PL now?

• 1st (Champions)

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • 2nd

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • 3rd

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • 4th

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • 5th

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • 6th

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Now all transfer dealing have been done (until January!), where do you think we should be finishing in the PL now - as a minimum - with this squad AVB has put together?

Vote now!

Also, list what you think will be the final top 6.

Mine:

1. Emirates Marketing Project
2. Chelski
3. Spurs
4. Liverpool
5. Manure
6. Arsenal

Last edited:
Always said third, at the moment I think 4th might be more realistic. We have the talent, it's just a case if how quickly the side adapts, in terms of new players and any new strategical style.

ATM 5th or 6th.

Arsenal, Chelsea, City ,Utd all look stronger than us and Liverpool for 5h and 6th.

We have lost our best player, look very weak at FB , unless he shakes it up.

All have bought and not lost anyone.

Utd could be the most vulnerable. Injuries play a big part as well Jan window.

Really hope I'm wrong but I think the number of changes in our squad will mean half a season getting the team to gel and used to each other. If they manage it more quickly, and Eriksen/Lamela turn out be the creativity we need, could easily be a higher finish for us. If Arsenal keep Giroud and Ozil fit they could do a lot better than last season.

1. Arsenal
2. Chelski
3. Emirates Marketing Project
4. Man U
5/6 Liverpool/Spurs Spurs/Liverpool.

Top six to finish within ten points of each other.

No idea what order but we have a lot of work to do to finish in the top four.

was hoping to beat l'**** for 4th but ozil's arrival changed things. oh well there's still man U to beat , but we'll have pool close behind.

For a side that came in 1 point off 4th and strengthened 6 positions like we have, surely we need to be looking a bit further up the table no? I think people are letting the one goal arsenal scored against us (in their own park mind you) skew their vision. We had 57% possession, more shots, more corners, but just lacked that one finish. ONE finish. We more than held our own in midfield and had them pinned in for the last 15 minutes. Surely if Lamela would have buried one we'd see some much different responses.

The reality of it is there's really not much between the top 6 sides. For me:

1 - City (Will be incredibly tough defensively. Funny thing is, I could also see Pelligrini getting sacked midseason as well)
2 - Spurs
3 - Chelsea (Concerns with lack of depth in defense, but they'll surely buy the best player available come January)
4 - Man U (Lack of a genuine top 4 midfield, but the players they've got up front will do the business and ensure top 4)
5 - Arsenal (No strength in defense, and no real depth see them outside the top 4. Ozil doesn't address any of their problems)
6 - Liverpool (Will draw with l'**** on points and should play some of the best stuff in the Prem)

Think 2-6 could all be within 10 points of each other once the dust has truly settled.

I get the feeling that whoever wins the league this season will leave all rivals in their dust. I think the league winners will win the league by at least 8 points.

5th...:(

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Arsenal
4. United
5. Spurs

That may down to my kneejerk concern after the Ar-se game though. I think they beat us more comfortably than most Spurs fans are saying. Before that, I had us competing for top 3. Now though, a bit worried about the scale of the task ahead.

We will be lucky to get 4th. There is no guarantee that our squad will gel quickly, if at all. No other club has to deal with such drastic changes in playing staff and tactics and I fear we will be playing catch-up all season.

Top 3 guaranteed on current form. After a couple more games we will see just how good we are.

City will not win the league.

For a side that came in 1 point off 4th and strengthened 6 positions like we have, surely we need to be looking a bit further up the table no? I think people are letting the one goal Arsenal scored against us (in their own park mind you) skew their vision. We had 57% possession, more shots, more corners, but just lacked that one finish. ONE finish. We more than held our own in midfield and had them pinned in for the last 15 minutes. Surely if Lamela would have buried one we'd see some much different responses.

The reality of it is there's really not much between the top 6 sides.

Think 2-6 could all be within 10 points of each other once the dust has truly settled.

I agree with a lot of that.

Last edited:
Back