• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Passing Chalkboards thread

Now this is a purdy passing chalkboard, something for our midfielders to aspire to...

Twitter / ReviewFootball: Xavi v Milan: 125 passes, 95% pass accuracy, 2 key passes and 100% tackles won. (via @Squawka )
BXNbNgaCEAEf-Wy.png:large

To me that says "I've got the ball in the opponent's half now let's give it to someone who can provide a better final ball than I can."

A 95% pass accuracy but only 25% accuracy into the penalty box, yep I can make stats prove anything :)

Defoe got into the game then.

100% pass accuaracy, better than Xavi against Milan :)

Sadly not..you missed the highly ambitious failed pass in the corner. Making it 66% pass completion rate. Compared to Xavi's 95%.
I still find it hard to believe Defoe only passed the ball three times.. what was he doing for the rest of the 24 minutes he was on the pitch???

Sadly not..you missed the highly ambitious failed pass in the corner. Making it 66% pass completion rate. Compared to Xavi's 95%.
I still find it hard to believe Defoe only passed the ball three times.. what was he doing for the rest of the 24 minutes he was on the pitch???

Damn, that arrow goes soooo far how did i miss it :)

Good question about the other 24 minutes though.

To me that says "I've got the ball in the opponent's half now let's give it to someone who can provide a better final ball than I can."

A 95% pass accuracy but only 25% accuracy into the penalty box, yep I can make stats prove anything :)

Haha! Lies, damn lies and statistics eh :-#

Apparently Defoe had 5 touches of the ball during those 24 minutes... not sure what he did with the other 2 though... :-k

I know this is the chalkboards thread but I'd love to have seen what our passing stats were like last night. How many failed passes, particularly the simple 5 yard passes in and around their box. Their seems little to no fluency at all right now, with players not knowing each other's movements. I had my head in my hands at the number of times the ball went straight to an opposition player or simply we were easily intercepted. Collison, O'Brien, Taylor and Collins. This is the quality of absolute ****e we lost the ball to time after time.

We're supposedly struggling to find the killer ball, I'm struggling to see a simple 5 yard pass, a little give and go or any purposeful ball into the box.

Again supposedly we had 21 shots at goal only 4 on target. Depressing reading. I hate the phrase but I expect we'll hear a lot of it over the next few days and may be weeks "get back to basics". Grim.

I know this is the chalkboards thread but I'd love to have seen what our passing stats were like last night. How many failed passes, particularly the simple 5 yard passes in and around their box. Their seems little to no fluency at all right now, with players not knowing each other's movements. I had my head in my hands at the number of times the ball went straight to an opposition player or simply we were easily intercepted. Collison, O'Brien, Taylor and Collins. This is the quality of absolute ****e we lost the ball to time after time.

We're supposedly struggling to find the killer ball, I'm struggling to see a simple 5 yard pass, a little give and go or any purposeful ball into the box.

Again supposedly we had 21 shots at goal only 4 on target. Depressing reading. I hate the phrase but I expect we'll hear a lot of it over the next few days and may be weeks "get back to basics". Grim.

here's the percentages
UaYWfDS.jpg

O/T - I've been meaning to have a new eye test as my sight seems to be degrading...

I'm going to book one tomorrow morning following my reading of this as "Pascal Chimbonda's Thread" oh bleedin dear...:eek:

That passing map even though over a small sample period shows exactly what Chadli does nearly every game. Passes back inside or backward. No goal that. No successful dribbles or crosses. Good pass percentage and that is it. But that is not the job of a winger.

Soldado's stats are shocking. No presence today at all.

Soldado was way off his best today and not as involved in the play as he usually is. However, shots apart (due to his strange lack of movement today) his stats look ok - 15 passes in 58 minutes during which we were mostly dominated by Palace

vs

Goal hero Defoe - comes on when we're winning and dominating, 4 passes in 36 minutes

Last edited:
That passing map even though over a small sample period shows exactly what Chadli does nearly every game. Passes back inside or backward. No goal that. No successful dribbles or crosses. Good pass percentage and that is it. But that is not the job of a winger.

Today, when we were 2-0 up and trying to see the game out that was the job of every player on the pitch when we had possession.

It's not only a small sample, it's a small sample from a very specific situation.

Soldado was way off his best today and not as involved in the play as he usually is. However, shots apart (due to his strange lack of movement today) his stats look ok - 15 passes in 58 minutes during which we were mostly dominated by Palace

vs

Goal hero Defoe - comes on when we're winning and dominating, 4 passes in 36 minutes

If he'd just played that one pass just after his goal. It's the one thing lacking from his game (offsides be damned). He does it occasionally when on form, but today it was head down and go for glory.

Today, when we were 2-0 up and trying to see the game out that was the job of every player on the pitch when we had possession.

It's not only a small sample, it's a small sample from a very specific situation.

Very true. And mix in the fact he got injured almost straight after coming on, lengthy treatment then playing cautiously. Ball may well have been kept away from hi to protect.

Back