• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Passing Chalkboards thread

I have to say that Lloris' punts even by law of averages should be doing far better.

It does seem to be the weakest part of Hugo' game and barely a quarter of his long kicks have found a teammate this season, by far the worst out of any of the Top 7' keepers.

Here's the passing chalkboards for the Top 7' goalies who've played at the Liberty Stadium this season, only Howard' long punts were more wayward. I'm not sure if Lloris declined the opportunities to play it short though, as he appeared to do when I was sat level with his pen area for the League Cup game last month and watched him usher away Chiriches several times in order to hoof it.

Who cares? How many times have we worked the ball back to him under pressure? You would be moaning if he played it short and gave it away. You can see who he aims for, its not his fault our players can't win a header.

I posted this in the OMT, but it's probably more appropriate here:

Just in case we weren't miserable enough, here are some lovely timelines of our passing from last night.

First one, an entire 5 minutes of football during which there were no goals, substitutions, cards, etc. This was when City were just taking the ****:
View attachment 1812

Next one, the last 10 minutes (there was a goal in there so it wasn't all action):
View attachment 1813

And last but surely not least, here's a 10 minute chunk early in the match where we, Spurs (a professional football team) complete a pass every 30 seconds on average:
View attachment 1814

Player dashboards for Hull 1-1 Spurs
FBs_zpsf55ed9df.png

Look at Lennon's passing/crossing. Not good enough. Just look at this from our "wide man". Terrible display, getting in the way of others.

Dear me Aaron Lennon, yet again. Just an incredible chalkboard, as though somebody wiped it clean for him.

I don't think that Lennon map is right, I remember in the second half he had tracked a run down the everton right and intercepted the ball with a one touch pass to Paulinho on the corner of our box.

This seems the best thread for this as per usual. Shots in the first half vs Everton (we're at home, remember):
evshots.jpg

This, on the other hand is Leon Osman in just the first 10 minutes (one player, away team):
osshots.jpg

We were incredibly lucky Everton didn't rack up a cricket score against us before we woke up at half time. For a 'motivator' manager, Timmeh seems to be doing a fairly poor job of motivating our team to remember they're professional footballers in the first half.

This seems the best thread for this as per usual. Shots in the first half vs Everton (we're at home, remember):
View attachment 1837

This, on the other hand is Leon Osman in just the first 10 minutes (one player, away team):
View attachment 1838

We were incredibly lucky Everton didn't rack up a cricket score against us before we woke up at half time. For a 'motivator' manager, Timmeh seems to be doing a fairly poor job of motivating our team to remember they're professional footballers in the first half.

Agreed that we didn't create enough (although against an Everton side with their first choice back 4 back perhaps not surprising?), I also agree that we were poor in the first 10 minutes and a bit lucky to not be behind after that opening. For the rest of the half though Everton didn't create much and your cricket score comment doesn't make your point I think.

I agree Sherwood needs to get us playing from the first whistle, its' a problem that's been present at least for periods under many of our recent managers though and to expect him to come in and sort that out in 10 games, mid season with the problematic situation we found ourselves in when he took over certainly is asking a lot.

Good news is that he's obviously aware that it's a problem, first step towards getting it sorted.

I don't think that Lennon map is right, I remember in the second half he had tracked a run down the everton right and intercepted the ball with a one touch pass to Paulinho on the corner of our box.

Can you recall roughly which minute that occurred? As I skimmed through the game footage earlier and missed that pass / cushioned header by Lennon...

Squawka has him down with one headed clearance on the left side corner of our box, might be the incident you're talking about.

I've always assumed that they make mistakes somewhere between occasionally and somewhat frequently depending on definitions. As long as those mistakes aren't biased and are just errors in the data entry it doesn't invalidate the stats overall.

Edit: SteveAWOL: The incident I'm talking about at the squawka site is between the 40th and 45th minute.

Agreed that we didn't create enough (although against an Everton side with their first choice back 4 back perhaps not surprising?), I also agree that we were poor in the first 10 minutes and a bit lucky to not be behind after that opening. For the rest of the half though Everton didn't create much and your cricket score comment doesn't make your point I think.

They had 8 shots in the first half, 3 on target - I would have been disappointed if we had had those 8 shots and not scored 3 of them. Osman alone had two nailed on that we had no right to expect not to go in. I don't think we'd have reason for complaint had another of his gone in either.

Whilst those chances alone don't add up to a cricket score, I don't believe we could have fought our way out of being 3 down in the first 10 minutes.

Based on our stats from this season so far, we need to take 25 shots to score 2 goals (the number of goals required for us to be very likely to win a match). 8 shots are simply not enough for us to get by - especially against teams we should expect to score against us (Everton being one of them) and until our defence is more solid.

I agree Sherwood needs to get us playing from the first whistle, its' a problem that's been present at least for periods under many of our recent managers though and to expect him to come in and sort that out in 10 games, mid season with the problematic situation we found ourselves in when he took over certainly is asking a lot.

I think our opinions differ on the situation when he took over but that's probably a different discussion. I certainly don't think that conceding early has been a problem - according to the Grauniad we've conceded once in the first 10 over the last 20 matches. We may have been lucky like yesterday, but 20 matches (along with my biased memory) is a decent enough sample to suggest that the problem is of Timmeh's making.

Good news is that he's obviously aware that it's a problem, first step towards getting it sorted.

He's also noted the the gap in front of the defence and our lack of creativity in the final third are problems but they've not been fixed.

View attachment 1837

View attachment 1838

What are you talking about? we played better second half and won the game?

As i said in the match thread, i saw the "should have scored a hat trick" chances you was referring to and i wasn't surprised one bit that you had indeed exaggerated.

Back