• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fiorentina 2nd leg ***

Such shambles tonight, we looked clueless at times. If we go on to lose on Sunday our whole season just starts to crumble. I can't stand the thought of us losing to Ch3l5ea and then self destructing and finishing 8th. When we should be sat in the last 16 pot of Europa. Sigh.

I thought we seemed quite lethargic today, not the usual high intensity of Poch's normal play. We got beat on the day by the better team. It happens in football and although I would love us to have won tonight there would be quite a few more much difficult games to overcome before considering winning the cup. What was worse tonight was Liverpool also getting knocked out for two reasons. First I will support any Brit team in Europe, but more selfishly they also now don't have this distraction.

Very angry with that performance. Elite sports man who are just mentally weak, soldado, Vertonghen and Fazio. Honestly typical Spurs just not good enough. We will not be a top side if we don't work on the psychology of our players. Roy Keane said it, " spurs will always let you down" when are we going to change this mentality.

It starts with getting that loser Vertonghen the fudge out.

Are our players not good enough or do we have a one trick pony has a manager ?

I don't think I'd refer to him as such, as he has shown in other games that he can change up his tactics. With that said we do have a preferred style of play and we do only seem to have the players to play in that way. Townsend is perhaps the one player who offers a different option when played on the left, but on the right he sticks to the team plan. I stick with what others have said though. Had we played our first XI then we would likely have been at the races over these two legs.

There is still plenty more to come from Poch, but we do need to back him and see how we look with a few of his additions to the team/squad.

It starts with getting that loser Vertonghen the fudge out.

'If you have got something interesting to say, but If it is just that play x or y is crud, I do not see the point'. Hmmm.

Anyway, if I may, I'm starting to worry about all these games where 'We are the better team with the better players and the scoreline didn't reflect that and we deserved this and that'. Claiming 'we were the better team' is a subjective opinion and a biased one since we are Spurs fans on a Spurs forum. As such, I always make a point of asking neutrals after such games because sometimes (though not always) you can glean a quite different picture. Be that as it may, if we do indeed have the better team and the better players, then its a 'problem' if we are not winning those games. I don't always get as much solace from being the better team...even if we were. And regarding posession, I've seen us win games with less posession and been told that posession desn't really matter only the score. Regardless of what we 'deserved' its disappointing to me that we went out to a team who, imo, were not that great. Anyway, on to Sunday and hopefully the notion that 'all the games have caught up with us' won't be a factor then, and indeed for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
I think Poch has done so well as manager and it is harsh to knock him for this game. He is a young manager and we are a young team, we clearly aren't nearly as good as we think but are still in the hunt for 4th and have a cup final to look to. Could be worse!

Im completely tinkled off with this game. Chopping and changing when you have quality replacements is one thing. But as soon as we play Soldado or presence up front disintegrates.

He should have gone all in with resting players or player or best side. Winning the UEFA cup was a possibility. And with it comes champions league football. With the league cup we just get a tin pot trophy and another year on this competition that we all admit is crap until the knock out stages.

At this moment in time I truly hate Soldado. He is the biggest waste of money ever to stain our shirt.

Im completely tinkleed off with this game. Chopping and changing when you have quality replacements is one thing. But as soon as we play Soldado or presence up front disintegrates.

He should have gone all in with resting players or player or best side. Winning the UEFA cup was a possibility. And with it comes champions league football. With the league cup we just get a tin pot trophy and another year on this competition that we all admit is crap until the knock out stages.

At this moment in time I truly hate Soldado. He is the biggest waste of money ever to stain our shirt.

Have you ever been at a final where we have lifted a trophy? It's bloody brilliant. And yes, EL qualification is a poisoned chalice in a mixed bag, but don't under-estimate what it will mean to win something. Look at how Berba and Keane and the rest of the lads reacted after we heath Cheat$ki last time.

Fine margins tonight. One thing though was how well Fiorentina packed their penalty box when we tried to play through. We (impressively) still found holes but there was no real way through.

I do agree with the questions re: our league. It's quite feasible that Everton will be the only English team left in Europe in a couple of weeks time. Is there a reason, or is it just coincidence? Is the way our league plays football not compatible with the way European teams do?

errr...isnt that what they did in the first leg..

same plan today..

is all this high pressing game any good ? when the opposition just sit back...wait for us to lose concentration..and score
Maybe we could learn a lesson or two here..cept if we tried it the defence would no doubt F**K up.

maybe with the help of more players defending..it might work.

anyway ..roll on sunday....cough..cant wait..LOL..still .....LOL

Come on you Spurs...........................................................................

Have you ever been at a final where we have lifted a trophy? It's bloody brilliant. And yes, EL qualification is a poisoned chalice in a mixed bag, but don't under-estimate what it will mean to win something. Look at how Berba and Keane and the rest of the lads reacted after we heath Cheat$ki last time.
Yes. The last time we won a real trophy back in 91. Beating Chelsea would be sweet. But it's like a high profile premiership game. Everyone forgets the league cup winners.

The champions league is where it's at and we had a real route into it. Now we have to fight to finish in the top 4.

Didn't Berbatov and Keane both hand in transfer requests the summer following that League Cup win? ;)

EDIT: Just noticed that Sandman beat me to that point!

Yeah they both became billy big bollox and left.

Bale and Modric didn't lift a trophy and they left too, so what is your point? I enjoy seeing us win big games, and even if it is forgotten, how many on here remember that win in 2008 more vividly than the away game against Aston Villa from that season?

Didn't Berbatov and Keane both hand in transfer requests the summer following that League Cup win? ;)

EDIT: Just noticed that Sandman beat me to that point!

Yes they did, and Berba ended up being a bit part player at Manure, not making the bench for their CL final and then playing for Fulham. And Keane ended up at the LA Galaxy after Pool, us, Celtic, Wet spam on loan (I think). They still both seemed pretty chuffed, as did the 40,000 or so Yids at the ground, that Tottenham Hotspur FC had won a trophy. As I asked Sandman, what's your point? When we beat Chelsea on Sunday will it feel the same to you as beating, for example, Stoke on a wet Tuesday night?

Bale and Modric didn't lift a trophy and they left too, so what is your point? I enjoy seeing us win big games, and even if it is forgotten, how many on here remember that win in 2008 more vividly than the away game against Aston Villa from that season?

League cup or UEFA cup. Hmmm. A cup nobody gives a crap about our a Europe wide recognised trophy with a champions league spot.

Yes they did, and Berba ended up being a bit part player at Manure, not making the bench for their CL final and then playing for Fulham. And Keane ended up at the LA Galaxy after Pool, us, Celtic, Wet spam on loan (I think). They still both seemed pretty chuffed, as did the 40,000 or so Yids at the ground, that Tottenham Hotspur FC had won a trophy. As I asked Sandman, what's your point? When we beat Chelsea on Sunday will it feel the same to you as beating, for example, Stoke on a wet Tuesday night?
That's not the point. Of course it's better than beating Stoke. Beating Chelsea 5-3 was better than Stoke. There are plenty of games better than beating Stoke.

My point is do you really think you can crow about winning the league cup? It's better than nothing. But I'd not that great. 1 step up from the Johnson's paint trophy.

League cup or UEFA cup. Hmmm. A cup nobody gives a crap about our a Europe wide recognised trophy with a champions league spot.

We are a lot closer to the league cup than we were to the UEFA cup. Would that not be a factor that you would consider?

It's not a simple comparison about the merits of one cup vs the rest. At the start of the season if you said to me that Spurs would be in both the Europa league final and the COC final which would you rather win I would say Europa league every time. But that wasn't the choice today and I would prioritise the game where we had the best chance of winning a trophy that would be the COC.

I bet those that dismiss the EL won't mind us winning the COC on Sunday, which ironically sees us qualify for the EL

Back