• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fiorentina 2nd leg ***

The straw man argument is talking about players that did not change clubs in January. I am not arguing that there aren't better strikers than Ade or Soldado out there. What I am questioning is were they available last January.

Unless you are suggesting that we should have paid massively over the odds for a player, the only way that I think that you can demonstrate that we could have got in better players is to point to a transfer that happened that you think we should have made.

Sorry but that just isn't the case. You can't just say that the total pot of potentially gettable players were only those that actually moved in January. That is self evidently a nonsense. Do you, or anyone else, know if we even made an offer for a striker in January.

I myself am not usually privy to all the players we are interested in and/or have made offers for, in any window. I do know we made offers for Soldado and Lamela 2 years ago and they were accepted. They are currently squad players, however, and thus 'there is drop off in quality that has caught up to us and we are having to deal with the hand thats been dealt to us'. (Well, a hand that we dealt to ourselves, after having taken a peek at the cards :)).

Back