• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fiorentina 2nd leg ***

Its competitive. The style of football played in the league is more exciting to watch than any other.
Doesn't mean it's better quality.
US and Liverpool have been beaten this by a team from TURKEY. Two of the top teams from the best league in the world, with hundreds of millions to spend beaten by a team from a footballing backwater.
Stop listening to the sky hype.

Virtually any striker would be an upgrade on Soldado and Ade at this stage. We are so underweight in this area it is unbelievable.

So which striker that changed clubs in January should we have signed? Would you have been happy to loan Ade to West Ham and subsidise his wages to accommodate them?

Doesn't mean it's better quality.
US and Liverpool have been beaten this by a team from TURKEY. Two of the top teams from the best league in the world, with hundreds of millions to spend beaten by a team from a footballing backwater.
Stop listening to the sky hype.

Why look at one round where the results were rather extremely tilted in one direction?

The PL ranking and coefficient is so high that despite what could be a really terrible European season for English teams there's essentially no risk of England dropping from their runaway first place in the coefficient. Why might this be? Could it be a result of previous results when playing in Europe?

But it's not one round is it. When did we last get further than this round, when dud arsenal last get further than first knock round of CL. Emirates Marketing Project for all their money don't have a great record.
Other than Chelsea and Man u the record isn't good enough for us to justify some of the commrnts on here. To expect to beat an itialan side by 3 or 4 goals is at best naïve IMV.

So which striker that changed clubs in January should we have signed? Would you have been happy to loan Ade to West Ham and subsidise his wages to accommodate them?
I would have kept Ade and kept him isolated as he is. Do not help a rival. But I would have signed Defoe. he was training with us. And despite his limitations is a good option, has pace and can get goals.

But it's not one round is it. When did we last get further than this round, when dud arsenal last get further than first knock round of CL. Emirates Marketing Project for all their money don't have a great record.
Other than Chelsea and Man u the record isn't good enough for us to justify some of the commrnts on here. To expect to beat an itialan side by 3 or 4 goals is at best naïve IMV.

Name as many individual examples as you want, I don't see how that trumps the data shown in the coefficient rankings.

I agree that some comments on here might have been naive and that some may have underestimated Fiorentina.

If Ade doesn't play again for us it probably would have been better to send him on loan, even if they'd have just paid half his wages or something

It's not just us and fiorentina though, every club is the same. We play in the BPL, best league in the world we should beat them.
Liverpool who were one slip away from winning the best league in the world last season got knocked out by a team from Turkey and CL by basle. They won one game in four against teams from much lesser leagues.
We should keep our expectations realistic, don't listen to the sky hype.
This the begining of a new team still finding its feet. I thought we could scrape through last night but at no time this season have I thought we have looked good enough to beat anyone by 4 goals. I just think some supporters are getting carried away with a couple of good results and when we dip it goes into melt down.

Us winning that cup was a tealistuc expectation. We recently beat arguably the 4th best side in Europe (Chelsea) so there was no technical reason ability wise that we couldnt win the cup

Howecer we do normally play more games with breaks than most countries and for us the fixtures timing was awful

But it is what it is. I thought fiorientina were well organised but had one decent player in Salah who will be sold by chelsea to someone else in the summer

I fully expect Zenit to win it as they look the best side now

Well what can we do but look to silver linings, a wembley cup final after which we have a clear crack at getting a CL place. 100% line ups from now on.

lets see if Pochettino can really work hard with this young team on the training ground and surprise a few

It's not just us and fiorentina though, every club is the same. We play in the BPL, best league in the world we should beat them.
Liverpool who were one slip away from winning the best league in the world last season got knocked out by a team from Turkey and CL by basle. They won one game in four against teams from much lesser leagues.
We should keep our expectations realistic, don't listen to the sky hype.
This the begining of a new team still finding its feet. I thought we could scrape through last night but at no time this season have I thought we have looked good enough to beat anyone by 4 goals. I just think some supporters are getting carried away with a couple of good results and when we dip it goes into melt down.
As I said before mate, it is not that we lost per se that bothered me but more that we lost by missing gilt edge chances and giving away 3 sloppy goals. We may well have not been good enough to win this tournament but if we are to go out, it would be easier to stomach if we were outplayed rather than us handing the game on a plate to the opposition.

Us winning that cup was a tealistuc expectation. We recently beat arguably the 4th best side in Europe (Chelsea) so there was no technical reason ability wise that we couldnt win the cup

Howecer we do normally play more games with breaks than most countries and for us the fixtures timing was awful

But it is what it is. I thought fiorientina were well organised but had one decent player in Salah who will be sold by chelsea to someone else in the summer

I fully expect Zenit to win it as they look the best side now
Can't see it myself they were easily knocked out of the Champs league and there are several good sides left in the tournament.

Can't see it myself they were easily knocked out of the Champs league and there are several good sides left in the tournament.

There my tip but there are some good aides left. Unfortunately i don't think Fiorentina are one of them which makes it more frustrating

Totally agree, it's the manner in which we went out. Everyone gifts goals, everyone misses sitters. Only at Spurs can we do both in the same game

The hype about the BPL is incredible. Other than Chelsea and Man u who are two clubs far and away above almost all other clubs in Europe in terms of money the European records are poor over the 10 years. Take they two out of it and add in the English national team what's so great about British football?
All you hear every other league us crud. The entertainment may not be as good but the football is that much better.
The only thing the BPL is really good at is making money.

For years Sky have been brainwashing fans into believing that the Prem is the best lge in the world, its not and has not been for several years but Sky have to keep the hype going, it still amazes me that so many fall for it.

For years Sky have been brainwashing fans into believing that the Prem is the best lge in the world, its not and has not been for several years but Sky have to keep the hype going, it still amazes me that so many fall for it.

Its no longer the best league in the world but its the most watchable.

It was the best league briefly from 2006 to 2009. In those 3 seasons they had 9 of the 12 Champions League semi finalists.
But at the same time the Big 4 dominated the league so assured of their top 4 finish they put out second string teams before Champion's League games.
Then us and City came and smashed it all up. Teams can no longer concentrate on the Champion's League like clubs in other countries can in their boring uncompetitive leagues.

how do you even go about rating one league 'as the best'

do you mean strongest/most entertaining/most watched??

how do you even go about rating one league 'as the best'

do you mean strongest/most entertaining/most watched??

It's a subjective question as you say. Depends on what you like. I think La Liga is the best in terms of overall quality from top to bottom but im sure others will disagree.

Straw man argument if I ever heard one! Would an Ings, Berahino, Benteke have offered us better options than Ade or Soldado? Of course they would!
Ade should just f off to anyone willing to take him - but only to one of our rivals if they pay silly money.

Straw man argument if I ever heard one! Would an Ings, Berahino, Benteke have offered us better options than Ade or Soldado? Of course they would!
Ade should just f off to anyone willing to take him - but only to one of our rivals if they pay silly money.

The straw man argument is talking about players that did not change clubs in January. I am not arguing that there aren't better strikers than Ade or Soldado out there. What I am questioning is were they available last January.

Unless you are suggesting that we should have paid massively over the odds for a player, the only way that I think that you can demonstrate that we could have got in better players is to point to a transfer that happened that you think we should have made.

Back