• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fiorentina 2nd leg ***

Modric THFC

Jimmy McCormick
Stadio Artemio Franchi

26th February

6:00pm GMT

----------------Lloris----------------
Walker Fazio Vertonghen Davies
--------Stambouli Bentaleb-------
------Lamela Eriksen Chadli------
-----------------Kane----------------

Strong team.
We don't want to be going to Wembley on the back of a let down.
And we don't want extra time.

Stadio Artemio Franchi

26th February

Strong team.

I agree and would be happy with that team.

Stadio Artemio Franchi

26th February

Strong team.

I don't think we would be in a good enough state to face Chelsea if we put out that team. In my view we need to rest at least six outfield players.

Accordingly, I would play:

Lloris

Yedlin Chiriches Fazio Davies

Stambouli Capoue

Townsend Paulinho Lamela

Soldado

A less than ideal team but we really can't afford to play the likes of Walker, Verts, Rose, Bentelab, Dembele, Mason, Eriksen or Kane to give us any chance against Chelscum.

Stadio Artemio Franchi

26th February

Strong team.
what team would you then play against Chelsea three days later? Both games have to be considered together. We certainly can't afford for any outfield players to play three tough games in a week.

Walker Fazio Vertonghen Rose
----------Bentaleb Mason-------

We can win this competition.

Ideally we'll be 2 up after 60 mins and can bring Kane, Mason and Eriksen off with a view to Sunday.

what team would you then play against Chelsea three days later? Both games have to be considered together. We certainly can't afford for any outfield players to play three tough games in a week.

It's not really 3 tough games. We only bothered playing the last 20 mins against West Ham.

There is going to be extra time & pens isn't there??

Someone please convince me otherwise:oops:

I would say go for it both games and hope adrenalin gets us through! just anything other that et please. unfortunately I feel we missed the boat first leg because I cant see us pulling off a classic euro performance 1 - 0 away....we wont keep a clean sheet will we????

worse case scenario is extra time and penalties, regardless of the strength of the team we send out. so with that in mind i think it's important to field a strong team and try and get the job done in 90 minutes

Walker Fazio Vertonghen Rose
----------Bentaleb Mason-------

We can win this competition.

Ideally we'll be 2 up after 60 mins and can bring Kane, Mason and Eriksen off with a view to Sunday.

That really is Steff levels of optimism ;)

worse case scenario is extra time and penalties, regardless of the strength of the team we send out. so with that in mind i think it's important to field a strong team and try and get the job done in 90 minutes

And if it still goes to penalties at least 7 of the outfield players from that strong team will have to play 120 minutes.

If we rotate a bit we can put a couple of players on for other players that will play on Sunday and end up with very few actually playing the full game (regardless of if its 90 or 120 minutes).

If the main focus is on Sunday, surely not playing our strongest team on Thursday is the way to go?

It's a funny one. Over the last week or so I've seen people advocate just about every possible option of rotation between the 4 games (including no rotation at all). Just goes to show how difficult Pochettino's decision is, and he's probably considering tons of factors that most of us aren't even aware of as factors. I trust him whatever he ends up doing to be honest.

Shocking, shocking OMT.. How has this not come under more scrutiny? Not like this is just another match..

BeK9inmCAAAlC1K.jpg

Mauricio Pochettino is likely to overlook Emmanuel Adebayor for the Europa League tie against Fiorentina in Italy on Thursday, prolonging the Tottenham Hotspur striker’s spell in the wilderness.

Adebayor is the forgotten man of White Hart Lane, having been excluded for the past five matches and having barely featured over the past four months or so. He has made only three appearances since 9 November and was last seen on the substitutes’ bench at Sheffield United in the Capital One Cup semi-final, second leg on 28 January, when he was left unused.

Adebayor, who was denied a loan move to West Ham United on the final day of the winter transfer window, has not travelled with the Tottenham squad to a European away fixture since October 2013, when he was an unused substitute at Sheriff Tiraspol in Moldova.

Tottenham’s last-32 game against Fiorentina stands at 1-1 after the first leg and Pochettino has described the return as a “cup final”. He must balance his selection against the demands of Sunday’s Capital One Cup final against Chelsea at Wembley. The squad will train in Florence on Friday before flying back to London.

“We need to decide [on the lineup] because we have played tough games against Fiorentina last Thursday and West Ham on Sunday,” Pochettino said. “We need to decide on the best team. Twenty-one players will be on the list for Fiorentina.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ur-emmanuel-adebayor-fiorentina-europa-league

Sounds like a few (alot of) changes to me.

Mhf9tet.png

With Sunday in mind, I think this may be the team that Poch goes for.. Eriksen, Lamela and Kane available from the bench if we're in a tough spot. While the likes of Walker, Rose, Mason and Bentaleb all get well deserved rests.

Given the way we battered them at WHL in the opening stages, if we start fast and take our chances then I can see us winning and winning comfortably.

Shocking, shocking OMT.. How has this not come under more scrutiny? Not like this is just another match..

BeK9inmCAAAlC1K.jpg
Mhf9tet.png

With Sunday in mind, I think this may be the team that Poch goes for.. Eriksen, Lamela and Kane available from the bench if we're in a tough spot. While the likes of Walker, Rose, Mason and Bentaleb all get well deserved rests.

Given the way we battered them at WHL in the opening stages, if we start fast and take our chances then I can see us winning and winning comfortably.

If its an important game then why name a second string?

Completely underestimating them. You cant expect a repeat of the first half. They will come with the same 433 they played in the second half. They rested 8 of the 11 that started at the weekend too.

They are better at home, we can't take em lightly, hopefully we'll go strong, get the result, and ride that wave to Sunday.

If its an important game then why name a second string?

Completely underestimating them. You cant expect a repeat of the first half. They will come with the same 433 they played in the second half. They rested 8 of the 11 that started at the weekend too.

Well I don't think our 'second string' is anywhere near as weak as some of our fans believe it is.

The formation that I named should comfortably do the job in order to approach Sunday as fresh as possible and if they can't, then we don't deserve to progress in the competition.

I also realise they will be better at home, but I think our success in this game will come down to our attitude, rather than personnel used.... I'd be prepared for Fatanderson either way mate. :D

tough away game and pressure on us form kickoff.
neverthelss at full strength i'm confident of us beating fiorentina.

I would get off the couch for this one and play Frank Zappa:

Since we're playing in a city renowned for art and culture, it would be nice to hear something a touch more sophisticated than Everywhere We Go... .

Back