• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham *

What did we learn today?
  • Son is better than Richarlison, but Son needed some rotation, and is potent off the bench.
  • Lenglet - I feel sorry for him, its never easy playing when you're out of first team practice. But we desperatly need an upgrade at LCB, it could really improve the whole team having a steady quality player there.
  • Porro was a great signing - turning Royal from worthless (to many fans) into a 50m player. Genius move Spurs.
  • Forster is fine.
  • We lack a bit of spark upfront. Can Danjuma add something and rotate in? Can Perisic?
  • Perisic should not play at LWB anymore, just not at the races defending against fast players. He's still got it in attack though.

What did we learn today?
  • Son is better than Richarlison, but Son needed some rotation, and is potent off the bench.
  • Lenglet - I feel sorry for him, its never easy playing when you're out of first team practice. But we desperatly need an upgrade at LCB, it could really improve the whole team having a steady quality player there.
  • Porro was a great signing - turning Royal from worthless (to many fans) into a 50m player. Genius move Spurs.
  • Forster is fine.
  • We lack a bit of spark upfront. Can Danjuma add something and rotate in? Can Perisic?
  • Perisic should not play at RWB anymore, just not at the races defending against fast players. He's still got it in attack though.

;)

• SpurMeUp doesn’t know left from right

The pass from - Lenglet was it? - that picked out Davies was the moment of the game. Opened them up and setup the move on goal. Lenglet still not aggressive or switched on enough defensively for me. But as an attacking CB he is excellent. If only he could add 10% of Romero's anticipation and aggression, he'd be a top player.
Hojbjerg made the pass to Davies.

What did we learn today?
  • Forster is fine.
  • Perisic should not play at LWB anymore, just not at the races defending against fast players. He's still got it in attack though.

So my view from the game

- Richarlison adds something different to game, when Richarlison is slightly off, he still presses high, still bring a pace/energy to the game that an off form Son doesn't. You also can't expect a guy who hasn't played for two months to rock up and fit in. I'd be very tempted to play him next game, same early sub for Son.
- Dier was actually the problem CB tonight, if you look at the first half it's Dier who is guilty of slowing the game down constantly, every other player in the back line was trying to pass the ball (even if sideways), Dier was constantly standing on the ball, take two or three touches before deciding to pass.
- Royal has been improving probably for the few weeks before Porro, good problem to have, still think Porro may be better option for truly park the bus teams.
- I would have put Danjuma in over Lucas, honestly this is the kind of Conte decision designed to drive people mad, why the fudge would you play Lucas? he's leaving, we need to evaluate Danjuma
- Davies did a decent job at LWB, has to be an option now.
- Decent game from Skipp
- Pass from PEH was fudging filthy
- We probably should have won that 4 or 5 nil .. (Kane miss in 2nd half, penalty, Richi chance, any of Decki's)

Ref was fudging awful (again), stonewall penalty and he chicken bricked out of sending off Antonio

Atmosphere was decent for a change, partially because at the point it started to fade, West Ham fans started to sing "your support is fudging brick" which wound ours up for rest of match.

So my view from the game

- Richarlison adds something different to game, when Richarlison is slightly off, he still presses high, still bring a pace/energy to the game that an off form Son doesn't. You also can't expect a guy who hasn't played for two months to rock up and fit in. I'd be very tempted to play him next game, same early sub for Son.
- Dier was actually the problem CB tonight, if you look at the first half it's Dier who is guilty of slowing the game down constantly, every other player in the back line was trying to pass the ball (even if sideways), Dier was constantly standing on the ball, take two or three touches before deciding to pass.
- Royal has been improving probably for the few weeks before Porro, good problem to have, still think Porro may be better option for truly park the bus teams.
- I would have put Danjuma in over Lucas, honestly this is the kind of Conte decision designed to drive people mad, why the fudge would you play Lucas? he's leaving, we need to evaluate Danjuma
- Decent game from Skipp
- We probably should have won that 4 or 5 nil .. (Kane miss in 2nd half, penalty, Richi chance, any of Decki's)

Ref was fudging awful (again), stonewall penalty and he chicken bricked out of sending off Antonio

Atmosphere was decent for a change, partially because at the point it started to fade, West Ham fans started to sing "your support is fudging brick" which wound ours up for rest of match.

Yeah i'd start richarlison next game, son coming off the bench. Then start danjuma against sheff utd with son upfront.

So my view from the game

- Decent game from Skipp

Agree Richarlison adds some bite. Good player to have. Not sure if he is worth the amount we paid, but still an asset. As you say he adds something different - tenacity, drive, fight. But...forward players need to deliver goals and assists. So Son is the better player all told.

Dier can defend. Lenglet looks lost often. Caught in no mans land, not sure whether to press or drop. Good on the ball yes. But defensively does not seem a natural. Dier I thought did well. He doesn't move the ball as quickly as Romero, and agree he can be ponderous at times.

PEH probably my MOM. That pass changed the game. We were not getting through and making really clear openings until that pass totally unlocked them. A quality ball that we need to hook-up more. Credit to Davies and Royal for making the run and playing on the last man too.

So my view from the game

- Decent game from Skipp

I would as well. Son coughs up possession far too much , especially in the first half of games when teams press us aggressively.
Agree with all of your other observations.
I think Conte gave Moura minutes simply because he's senior and more experienced than Danjuma. Still not a good enough reason.
Davies has to be considered for LWB now as Perisic simply can't defend as was shown within five minutes off him coming on, several bad mistakes and we don't have anyone else. Of course that means Lenglet would have to play LCB as Tanganga simply isn't good enough.
We really are short in some areas , particularly CM and CD.

Last edited:
What did we learn today?
  • Forster is fine.
- son scores goals getting the ball at pace with space to run into
- skipp is very versatile and has lots to offer going into forward areas too
- fast counter attacking is more effective than slow build up play

Much needed win. Good second half, decent first half. Goals did us a world of good, our confidence really is a solid part of the issue.

Agree with most sentiments expressed on here. Good game from Davies at LWB, great to have his versatility in the squad. Skipp came in and did well. Another good game from Royal. Kulusevski brightened up that second half, another that hasn't been quite right recently, but looked more like himself.

Also thought Romero was really good, one of his best games in quite a while (along with the City game). Timing in his tackles looked better again, great on the ball.

The second half definitely, the first half not so much.

Thought the first half was alright at least?

They tried to impose themselves on the game, we struggled a bit at first, not got the hang of it fairly quickly. Matching them for intensity/physicality, playing through their pressing when they pressed. We struggled with chance creation. 7 shots total, really low xG (first half only). But we got the ball into decent areas and looked at least threatening rather than bland.

For a game against West Ham, with them trying their thing, I think that was fine. Definitely not the brick half good half thing we've seen so often this season. Perhaps West Ham just aren't any good, even up against us these days, but still.

So my view from the game

- Decent game from Skipp

Just to pick up on one point. I mostly agree with the rest.

I think Dier's role often is to play it a bit slower. Not saying he's always right to do that, there are times when he probably should just move things along quicker. But often the wide CBs get less time on the ball, are put under pressure quicker.

I think Dier, at least sometimes, is supposed to wait, let the opponents get closer before passing. Create a bit of space further up.

That was a great performance, could happily watch that every week.

Good to see Royal getting some love, but he’s playing just the same as he always has for us.

He isn't playing the same though.

Some of his weaknesses are still there. Not a great crosser or dribbler. His buildup play has improved significantly imo. He's also better both at off the ball movement and combination play on the final third.

He's also now playing with a confidence and swagger that wasn't really there before. No look passes, some nice skill moves. Probably always had some of that in his locker, but it wasn't exactly visible before.

Just to pick up on one point. I mostly agree with the rest.

I think Dier's role often is to play it a bit slower. Not saying he's always right to do that, there are times when he probably should just move things along quicker. But often the wide CBs get less time on the ball, are put under pressure quicker.

I think Dier, at least sometimes, is supposed to wait, let the opponents get closer before passing. Create a bit of space further up.

Reminds me of this.

Back