• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham **

We love to make it hard for ourselves, don't we. But that's another three points in the bag, and a bit of encouraging progress in the way we played, and that's the important bit.

14 points from 6 games - that's 2,33 points per game and on course for an 88 point season. That's a great start, really.

That's basically the same pace that got us 86 points in 16/17 (I think we had 14 points after 6 games that season too), but sadly that is nowhere near enough to win the league these days - both top teams finish in the high 90s now.

That's basically the same pace that got us 86 points in 16/17 (I think we had 14 points after 6 games that season too), but sadly that is nowhere near enough to win the league these days - both top teams finish in the high 90s now.

City probably will this season too, but IMO 88 points will be enough for second place. Liverpool don't look as good as previous seasons, and there's not much between ourselves, Arse and probably Manure and Chelski ATM. I think the increased competitivity below City will make it harder for any one of these teams to get past 90 points. Still a long way to go of course, and a lot can (and will) happen.

One team will
You won’t see two do it again

I love reading the stuff on here when I get home from the game, gives me chance to realise what I missed and that I know nothing about the game. In my ignorance I thought we played well and deserved the win, hopefully Marseille gives us a right hammering and please all the perfectionist. Cant wait for all the post telling me they are ENTITLED to point out all the "problems" and they are and I wish them well in their bleak, joyless world.

its a win, but fudge we made hard work of that

some appalling touch and passing on display, mistakes are creeping back in too, what the fudge Romero was doing for the goal I don't know

they all need a massive kick up the arse, its nowhere near good enough

My guess with Romero is that he was wary of tackling too hard as he was on a yellow, plus maybe a bit of fatigue / lack of concentration having been out for a couple of weeks.

I'm just in and saw the score. Comfortable win or squeaky bum time?

Kind of both. Comfortable really but conceding a goal when we should be well clear always leads to the worry we’re going to throw away the win for the draw at the death. There’s a word for it somewhere.
They forced a few corners and definitely one good save from Hugo but overall it was more frustrating that we weren’t taking our chances than worrying that they would take theirs, such that they were.

We were 99.9% in control... apart from when Mitro's shot ballooned off Romero and megaswazzed towards the top corner until Lloris clawed it from the sky.

A very well deserved win. We are so much better with Lenglet and Romero playing well weighted quick passes, compared to Davies and Potato.

PS. Don't listen to Baleforce, he is just a doom merchant and presumably got bullied by his stepfather as a child.

I'm just in and saw the score. Comfortable win or squeaky bum time?
From the BBC report: "Spurs threatened to score virtually every time they came forward and had ample opportunity to extend their lead further, firing off 23 shots, 10 of which were on target. However, it was thanks to former Arsenal keeper Bernd Leno and a resolute Fulham defence that they were held to just two goals."

Yes, but for us to win the league you'd need a Haaland to be out for a long period and Liverpool to continue to underperform.

Main aim for this season in my view is continue the progression - more comfortable CL qualification, ideally a cup, put ourselves in a position to add another 3/4 players and then challenge for the league

We were 99.9% in control... apart from when Mitro's shot ballooned off Romero and megaswazzed towards the top corner until Lloris clawed it from the sky.

A very well deserved win. We are so much better with Lenglet and Romero playing well weighted quick passes, compared to Davies and Potato.

PS. Don't listen to Baleforce, he is just a doom merchant and presumably got bullied by his stepfather as a child.

I think there is a title winning squad here if we stop fudging around.

I think there is a title winning squad here if we stop fudging around.

If we can keep our boys injury free and the new lads will hit the ground running - maybe! I don't think we're quite there yet, but we're getting closer.

Back