• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham **

Thats all on Romero. Didn't he get caught similarly against Brighton last year. To be fair, Mitrovic did well and Romero is travelling but great defenders don't get caught like that. As good as Romero is, and he was excellent other than that 5 minute spell, he has mistakes in him and gets away with it sometimes in a 3 where he'd be caught in a 2. Second time he's cost us this season, thought he was poor for Chelseas second too. If Sanchez does that he's getting pelters on here and I'm leading the charge. Romero needs to cut that brick out.
Man U beat Liverpool with a similar goal by Sancho.
Milner went down to block the shot, Sancho dragged it back and put it past a static, hands-behind-back Van Dilk. Widely reported as a van Dilk error.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19587951/milner-van-dijk-liverpool-sancho-goal-man-utd/

Two sides to every story but to me if two defending against one, first defender tackles or commits to block, buys time giving the second to go in to snuff out play is the correct routine.

Dier fault to me. I don't want Cuti to make those last minute sliding blocks, he's saved us plenty already. I want a better more active partner for Cuti so our defence is positively aggressive can be on the front foot a the time.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Our best overall performance of the season, on another day that's 4 or 5. Richy's shot was incredibly, incredibly unlucky. Love Romero like us all, but he simply has to cut those 'moments' out of his game.
He was the same for Everton. Crowd favourite but could not be relied on to score, missed big chances regularly.

They were sad to let him go for the lovable character that he is, but we're delighted at the amount we gave them for him.

In the last season in Everton as one of their main strikers, scored 10 in 30 epl games. It was 7 goals in 34 matches in the penultimate season.

I can see why Conte prefers to stick with Sonny - for goals. It will come. Conte mentions many times that he loves Richy for his energy.

Man U beat Liverpool with a similar goal by Sancho.
Milner went down to block the shot, Sancho dragged it back and put it past a static, hands-behind-back Van Dilk. Widely reported as a van Dilk error.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19587951/milner-van-dijk-liverpool-sancho-goal-man-utd/

Two sides to every story but to me if two defending against one, first defender tackles or commits to block, buys time giving the second to go in to snuff out play is the correct routine.

Dier fault to me. I don't want Cuti to make those last minute sliding blocks, he's saved us plenty already. I want a better more active partner for Cuti so our defence is positively aggressive can be on the front foot a the time.

Dier could have pushed towards mitrovic but Romero was the main culprit for putting in such an amateur and soft challenge. How you can put the blame on Dier is actually comical.

Dier could have pushed towards mitrovic but Romero was the main culprit for putting in such an amateur and soft challenge. How you can put the blame on Dier is actually comical.
Romero's "tackle" was pathetic. He needs to just slow down Mitrovic and not allow him to turn inside. Force him to finish with his left on the outside.
But I still come back to the positioning of Royal. He's way out of position as seen here in the first pic. That can happen
Screenshot_20220904-035918_YouTube.jpg

What I don't understand is WTF he's doing so high up the pitch when we've just conceded and it's 5 minutes left!! Mitrovic nearly scored again here. Look at the position of Royal in the next 2 images!
Screenshot_20220904-040015_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220904-040029_YouTube.jpg

At that stage of the game, that's shocking! He should be were Romero is! Play safe and see the game out!

Very good game. Sheer coincidence that it was enebolig close towards the end.

Not sure to what extent that was us being better or Fulham being poor on the day, but encouraging performance. Really good to see us create chances like that when they sat back.

He was the same for Everton. Crowd favourite but could not be relied on to score, missed big chances regularly.

They were sad to let him go for the lovable character that he is, but we're delighted at the amount we gave them for him.

In the last season in Everton as one of their main strikers, scored 10 in 30 epl games. It was 7 goals in 34 matches in the penultimate season.

I can see why Conte prefers to stick with Sonny - for goals. It will come. Conte mentions many times that he loves Richy for his energy.

That was not a big chance. That was a brilliant effort that came very close.

His goals and xG numbers track fairly closely over his time in the PL and last season. Indicating that he's not an exceptional finisher like Son or Kane, but also not a bad finisher.

Our best overall performance of the season, on another day that's 4 or 5. Richy's shot was incredibly, incredibly unlucky. Love Romero like us all, but he simply has to cut those 'moments' out of his game.

What do you mean by "those moments". I'm not quite seeing it, but may be in blinded fanboy mode.

It's not good, should do better. But it's also one vs one in a somewhat difficult situation.

Is this indicative of a repeating issue with him?

What do you mean by "those moments". I'm not quite seeing it, but may be in blinded fanboy mode.

It's not good, should do better. But it's also one vs one in a somewhat difficult situation.

It was just a bit weird. Out of character for Romero.

Usually he really hunts a player, suffocating them with relentless pressure.

This was the opposite...soft?...casual? If he didn't have the energy he could at least of showed him to the byline and kept him on his left foot. The other thing he has to consider is who he is dealing with, Mitrovic is their main threat, on a serious run of form, you don't mess around with him, he deserves the Romero special attention.

It was just a bit weird. Out of character for Romero.

Usually he really hunts a player, suffocating them with relentless pressure.

This was the opposite...soft?...casual? If he didn't have the energy he could at least of showed him to the byline and kept him on his left foot. The other thing he has to consider is who he is dealing with, Mitrovic is their main threat, on a serious run of form, you don't mess around with him, he deserves the Romero special attention.

Might have been worried that he was already on a yellow.

Brightons goal was similar last season from memory in terms of the mistake. Against Chelsea, for me, he’s in an insane position for a centre back in a two for their second goal. Against City away last season, he’s got caught in a bad position under the ball from memory, realised his mistake and gone aggressively to fix it unnecessarily, been out of control and gave away a pen. Against Villa at home last year, he was recklessly aggressive and gave away a goal.

Hes a massive talent, could be world class but has mistakes in him. I saw people here compare him to VVD. He’s not in the same league yet.

We really need to cut out the stupid cards, although I think that one yesterday was very soft, the fear of a second is stopping us defending effectively.
This is the problem you are going to get with Romero - people loving his ‘brickhousery’ but it’s given him a reputation and refs now have his card marked. So when he makes a foul he’s more likely to be given a soft yellow because it’s Romero….

because with a player like romero you need to learn to defend in a pair to take advantage of his weakenesses and strengths.

Who was he playing with at Everton, though? He pretty much had to scrape for goals. I bet if he got 30 starts for us he'd score 15-20 goals.

Back