• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham **

No one mentioning Sessengon. Thought he also had a good game.
You need to go to Specsavers.

Sess was poor. Made some decent runs but should never have been offside for Rici's "goal". Needs to time his runs better. His crossing is simply appalling and he too often takes the wrong option and delays his delivery to allow the defender to block. Same as last week against Spam when we were 2 on one and Kane was free. He also should be getting on the end of quite a few decent balls Royal put in.

He is a frustrating player at the moment. No doubt he has talent but needs to deliver now. I have no doubt Peresic will start on Weds.

Last edited:
Sess was poor. Made some decent runs but should never have been offside for Rici's "goal". Needs to time his runs better. His crossing is simply appalling and he too often takes the wrong option and delays his delivery to allow the defender to block. Same as last week against Spam when we were 2 on one and Kane was free. He also should be getting on the end of quite a few decent balls Royal put in.

He is a frustrating player at the moment. No doubt he has talent but needs to deliver now. I have no doubt Peresic will start on Weds.

Who provided the assist for Kanes goal!? Almost another for Richarlison? Pass was slow or he was a fraction offside - would much prefer he’s making those goal opening runs than not. The kid almost scored, but for a fingertip save. Dier, Son, Kane, Richarlison etc all could have done better and been more clinical in front of goal…but you pick out Sess when he had an assist and didn’t let anything past him defensively. Strange.

Who provided the assist for Kanes goal!? Almost another for Richarlison? Pass was slow or he was a fraction offside - would much prefer he’s making those goal opening runs than not. The kid almost scored, but for a fingertip save. Dier, Son, Kane, Richarlison etc all could have done better and been more clinical in front of goal…but you pick out Sess when he had an assist and didn’t let anything past him defensively. Strange.

He didn't assist Kane directly, I thought it came off the keeper as he was shooting not passing to Kane. He ran into an offside position before assisting Richi, which was why the goal was ruled out. He missed a relatively easy shot when he didn't curl the ball. He was nowhere to be seen when Royal put in a couple of decent balls.

As I say, he is frustrating because he clearly has talent but as others have said must believe in himself more.

Couldn’t make it to the game but from all accounts it sounds like it was our best performance of the season. Would be nice if we could really put teams to the sword so the last 10 mins are a bit more comfortable but we’re still less than a year into the Conte experiment and I have no doubt he plans to make us more resilient and clinical. We do look quite stubborn and hard to beat which is always a good starting point.

I don’t think his crossing is appalling at all, just that he is sometimes a bit indecisive on when to make the cross. There’s definitely promise there.

He didn't assist Kane directly, I thought it came off the keeper as he was shooting not passing to Kane. He ran into an offside position before assisting Richi, which was why the goal was ruled out. He missed a relatively easy shot when he didn't curl the ball. He was nowhere to be seen when Royal put in a couple of decent balls.

As I say, he is frustrating because he clearly has talent but as others have said must believe in himself more.

History is a narrative. The truth somewhere in between. None of our attacking play was clinical. It wasn’t against Forest either, when he was on the bench. Sess is part of team and they all need to improve in the final third. What he did bring was bags of energy and threat. He was actively involved in most of the openings and was sound defensively.

Harsh. Offsides happen. IIRC Richarlison was also in an offside position in the same situation? It happens. His crossing is fine, not great, certainly not appaling. Those passes into a player is harder than they look.

I agree he's frustrating as I think he has a lot more coming and too often it's just not quite there for him. I also agree that Perisic is ahead of him. But hey, Perisic is top class, Sessegnon is still young.

Brightons goal was similar last season from memory in terms of the mistake. Against Chelsea, for me, he’s in an insane position for a centre back in a two for their second goal. Against City away last season, he’s got caught in a bad position under the ball from memory, realised his mistake and gone aggressively to fix it unnecessarily, been out of control and gave away a pen. Against Villa at home last year, he was recklessly aggressive and gave away a goal.

Hes a massive talent, could be world class but has mistakes in him. I saw people here compare him to VVD. He’s not in the same league yet.

He's not the best centre back in the world. Sure. He plays a very aggressive style and sometimes that doesn't work. Sure. He sometimes makes mistakes, sure.

He's the best centre back at the club but a country mile. He's as good a centre back as we could have dreamed of signing. With those mistakes, that he may or may not minimise further given time.

Harsh. Offsides happen. IIRC Richarlison was also in an offside position in the same situation? It happens. His crossing is fine, not great, certainly not appaling. Those passes into a player is harder than they look.

I agree he's frustrating as I think he has a lot more coming and too often it's just not quite there for him. I also agree that Perisic is ahead of him. But hey, Perisic is top class, Sessegnon is still young.

Think richarlison would have been onside as the pass was backwards like kanes.

He's not the best centre back in the world. Sure. He plays a very aggressive style and sometimes that doesn't work. Sure. He sometimes makes mistakes, sure.

He's the best centre back at the club but a country mile. He's as good a centre back as we could have dreamed of signing. With those mistakes, that he may or may not minimise further given time.

I think the goal is not primarily down to individual mistakes by either Romero or Dier but the fact we over committed and did not cover at the back, Romero, Hojbherg and Royal are 4/5 yards from Fulhams goal line when they get possession and we failed 2 attempts win the ball back, it's a team error.

I agree with all of that. I've been critical of him in recent weeks but I'm a massive, massive fan and have been from the start even when there were some on here that said they couldn't see anything in him.

The lad can become world class, I'm sure of it. He's still young. But he has to learn from some of his mistakes.

I think the goal is not primarily down to individual mistakes by either Romero or Dier but the fact we over committed and did not cover at the back, Romero, Hojbherg and Royal are 4/5 yards from Fulhams goal line when they get possession and we failed 2 attempts win the ball back, it's a team error.

Yes, we definitely attacked with too many considering the score.

Romero did get back into a good position though, the mistake was showing Mitrovic both inside towards goal, and onto his favoured foot, that’s basics.

Yes, we definitely attacked with too many considering the score.

Romero did get back into a good position though, the mistake was showing Mitrovic both inside towards goal, and onto his favoured foot, that’s basics.

That situation was caused by leaving the space, Mitrovic had ball under control after picking it up unchallenged Romero and Royal had to run back over 70 yards after attempting tackles, it would have been amazing to win a tackle or block after such an effort that late in the game, they are not robots and Mitrovic is in good form, let's just sat Fulham took advantage of poor team organisation rather than look to blame someone, this culture drains all the joy out of the game.

What do you mean by "those moments". I'm not quite seeing it, but may be in blinded fanboy mode.

It's not good, should do better. But it's also one vs one in a somewhat difficult situation.

Is this indicative of a repeating issue with him?

I just think when coupled with his habit of OTT unnecessary challenges which are orange at moments when there really is no need, it could be costly. He is so integral to what we do, every effort must be made to not accumulate yellows too quickly. As for the slip yesterday, I think it can certainly be mitigated, but he is occasionally caught out at moments when he shouldn’t be. Brilliant player who will doubtless be held to the highest standard by the manager.

Man U beat Liverpool with a similar goal by Sancho.
Milner went down to block the shot, Sancho dragged it back and put it past a static, hands-behind-back Van Dilk. Widely reported as a van Dilk error.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19587951/milner-van-dijk-liverpool-sancho-goal-man-utd/

Two sides to every story but to me if two defending against one, first defender tackles or commits to block, buys time giving the second to go in to snuff out play is the correct routine.

Dier fault to me. I don't want Cuti to make those last minute sliding blocks, he's saved us plenty already. I want a better more active partner for Cuti so our defence is positively aggressive can be on the front foot a the time.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Sorry, I’m calling you out.
I think this is 100% wrong. The two situations are completely different in terms of build-up. Just watch them. Of course it’s Dier’s fault to you, you hate him.

He was the same for Everton. Crowd favourite but could not be relied on to score, missed big chances regularly.

They were sad to let him go for the lovable character that he is, but we're delighted at the amount we gave them for him.

In the last season in Everton as one of their main strikers, scored 10 in 30 epl games. It was 7 goals in 34 matches in the penultimate season.

I can see why Conte prefers to stick with Sonny - for goals. It will come. Conte mentions many times that he loves Richy for his energy.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

You’ll think this is personal and I want to be clear mate, it isn’t, you know I love ya, but again, I find this a really confusing post.

1) Sonny staying in is great, agreed. Not questioned here.
2) Let’s look at what Richarlison gives as opposed to picking out his faults/‘lack of reliability’…I am not sure I fully understand your point?

Back