• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Emirates Marketing Project***

Quality on paper... but lacking on the pitch

We love to rate players and clubs by reputation in this country.

Their holding midfield options currently are really poor and immobile

Their defence consists of some aging players who were great and some seriously over paid for centre backs who are decidedly average

Their keeper has a save ratio that puts him in the lowest part if the league

They have some attacking talent and that's their strength clearly and if they perform that's the challenge but they lack any substance at the moment as a side

they have Aguero, Silva, de Bruyne and Guardiola

they have Aguero, Silva, de Bruyne and Guardiola

And sterling

But what they don't have is Hugo, walker, Dier, Toby, Wimmer, rose, Wanyama, Moussa, Alli, Eriksen or Kane

Guardialo has a lot to learn about this league and I have no doubt he has thought long and hard about how we played them at the lane but we're better now and their arguably worse

It means nothing if we don't win of course but we will nit have a fear of them on the pitch that some of our fans have off the pitch

And sterling

But what they don't have is Hugo, walker, Dier, Toby, Wimmer, rose, Wanyama, Moussa, Alli, Eriksen or Kane

Guardialo has a lot to learn about this league and I have no doubt he has thought long and hard about how we played them at the lane but we're better now and their arguably worse

It means nothing if we don't win of course but we will nit have a fear of them on the pitch that some of our fans have off the pitch

I love your balls

Aguero is the one I fear the most. The others can be contained. That little fudger is due a goal too.

Almost guaranteed a goal against us, I'd imagine. Hopefully there are a few on our end to make it an academic one.

I'm most concerned by the possibilities of a) Kompany suddenly returning and bossing things for them, and b) Bravo deciding to make this the *one* game that he turns those horrible save percentages around for.

I want us to go 2-0 down...but then to win 4-2! Imagine the confidence and character that that performance would build. Plus would destroy Emirates Marketing Project.

I'll be happy with any kind of win though. All that is important are the three points (and no injuries/dismissals) in a game like this one.

Aguero is the one I fear the most. The others can be contained. That little fudger is due a goal too.
De Bruyne is pretty tasty too. He's the reason they beat L'arse. Contain him and Aguero will have nothing to feed off. City are a different proposition at home. I predict a draw. That said I don't think we fear any team, We are Tottenham (super Tottenham from the Lane). To be realistic title challengers how great that feels.

I agree De Bruyne is key to stop him playing! easy ish home games for the liverpool and chelsea and arse, we cant lose this one! We win it and the pressure will be on for arse and chelsea to win on Sunday lose and great incentive for them

Pep did play defensively against Barcelona earlier this season and they looked really good. Does he want to give us the same respect he gave to Barca? Can he with no real engine in CM?

Very interesting game and how we approach it.
We now have options, despite Verts injury, of using different tactical formations and personnel.
But with that comes the difficulty of making choices. However, City have difficulties too, and on this occasion whichever tactics we go with it will be a tight game, the finishing may well be the difference, especially the first goal.
Our confidence will grow if we keep the ball and starve their forward players, making their forward players go backwards will be key.

Quality on paper... but lacking on the pitch

We love to rate players and clubs by reputation in this country.

Their holding midfield options currently are really poor and immobile

Their defence consists of some aging players who were great and some seriously over paid for centre backs who are decidedly average

Their keeper has a save ratio that puts him in the lowest part if the league

They have some attacking talent and that's their strength clearly and if they perform that's the challenge but they lack any substance at the moment as a side

I do understand the point you are making i really do, however for how poor some of their players are supposed to be, how much of a crisis the press reckon they are in they are only 3 points behind us. It will be a hard game and i would expect Pep would have read the riot act this week.

I do understand the point you are making i really do, however for how poor some of their players are supposed to be, how much of a crisis the press reckon they are in they are only 3 points behind us. It will be a hard game and i would expect Pep would have read the riot act this week.

What's your feeling about the game? How do you think it'll go from what you saw from our game vs West Brom?

I worry we are still not clinical enough...

Back