• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Emirates Marketing Project***

It depends if this is Peps moment where he changes it up and plays to his teams strengths rather than obsessing with the systems that worked with his Barcelona and Bayern sides. Lahm the right back in midfield is different from ageing Zabaletta the right back in midfield. Yaya is no Xabi or Busquets. The current team at City would be amazing on the counter if he decides to not be stubborn and play with what he has.

We need to be exactly how we have been the last few games. And our away fans need to be loud.

Feel uneasy that everyone fancies us for this game.

I look through their side and see De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Sterling, Nolito, Toure, Sane, Jesus. Incredibly talented players with one of the most innovative coaches in the world.

But then I think of Pochettino and Tottenham. I think we can steam roller anyone on our day! COYS!

We just have to be on our game all over the park. Best thing is we have the week to prepare again for this big game. I read that we have conceded just 5 from open play this season in the league. That is insane. That comes down to preparation and every player knowing their job.

I said in another thread somewhere that I felt this new formation could suit us well against the bigger teams. Keeps us solid whilst providing a nice attacking threat. Their defence is there for the taking no matter how good their attack is.

I think the Guardian have a story that Gabriel Jesus is likely to be granted a permit to play vs us...potentially a gamechanger in terms of attacking options for Pep...you can bet that this week he'll be in his bunker studying to come up with a new tactical innovation to take us down.
His rep as a top coach is kind of an the line right now...we get roostery at our peril.
I hope after he consumes his football mushrooms he decides to play Aguero at CB.

Feeling weirdly confident about this, which simultaneously fills me with an overwhelming sense of dread. I think we'll show up and play well, but they have a ton of world class players who can hurt you. Think both sides will score, but I have a feeling we'll get one more. Big game for Wimmer too. Think he'll be up for it.

-------Lloris------
--Dier-TBA--Wimmer
-Walker-------------Rose
----Wanyama--Mousa---
------Eriksen--Dele
-----------Kane-----

COYS.

They have some BRILLIANT players and some average ones. We need to dominate and stop the good ones getting in the groove.

Don't forget Kolarov handed us the game last time with a stupid own goal, he won't do that again

Is it me- or is this game taking forever to come around?

Just want to see how we play, how they deal with Walker and Rosey, and if things are not going our way, how Poche fixes it.

FF to kick-off please and coys.

FROM THE GUARDIAN:

And so the story moves on to City’s next top-six encounter, which happens to be this Saturday at home to Tottenham Hotspur, who happen to be on a six-match winning run. Lots of top-six teams seem to have put together long sequences of wins this season (even Manchester United managed it until being held by Liverpool at the weekend) but City’s own six-match winning sequence in the league – right at the start of the season in case you are having difficulty recalling it – was ended by Spurs with a workmanlike 2-0 victory at White Hart Lane at the beginning of October.

I don't recall our victory being 'workmanlke'. I recall it being a high-energy domination of a team who had won six games in a row and who were being heavily touted for the title.

It depends if this is Peps moment where he changes it up and plays to his teams strengths rather than obsessing with the systems that worked with his Barcelona and Bayern sides. Lahm the right back in midfield is different from ageing Zabaletta the right back in midfield. Yaya is no Xabi or Busquets. The current team at City would be amazing on the counter if he decides to not be stubborn and play with what he has.

We need to be exactly how we have been the last few games. And our away fans need to be loud.

I think this game will be a draw more than likely. I think we should win, but for the same reason we changed things up against Arsenal, Pep will spiring some sort of surprise here. Because he cannot lose to a top 6 rival, and the element of surprise is enough of an advantage to counter act an inferior squad. Yes they have a talented front 4 or 5, but I think it's an ageing team without a good supply line to get the ball into them and I think we're better.

I think the Guardian have a story that Gabriel Jesus is likely to be granted a permit to play vs us...potentially a gamechanger in terms of attacking options for Pep...you can bet that this week he'll be in his bunker studying to come up with a new tactical innovation to take us down.
His rep as a top coach is kind of an the line right now...we get roostery at our peril.

I will be most unhappy if this is a repeat of the Mkhitaryan scenario where a player is introduced against Spurs after not appearing in numerous previous matches and proceeds to submit a storming performance

Was it about this time last season we lost Jan, Wimmer came in and stepped up ? He needs to do so again.

As long as we keep the energy, intensity, and patience - we can win this. Whatever though, we must not lose away to any of our rivals again.

We can win this, but we MUST not lose.

BELIEVE.

I said in another thread somewhere that I felt this new formation could suit us well against the bigger teams. Keeps us solid whilst providing a nice attacking threat. Their defence is there for the taking no matter how good their attack is.

Not just against the bigger teams imo. This formation is ideally suited to the strengths of the players we currently have. Chelsea have no problems playing three at the back against "lesser" teams. It gives a totally solid foundation for our attacking players to express themselves and play to their strengths. Is it any wonder Eriksen in particular has thrived in this set up and we are scoring hatful of goals using this solid base?

I'm confident. For the past season and a half, there's been too many good things going on with Spurs to think any other way. I see a positive, productive process at work here.

I also recall the worries and concerns that emerged before that great 1-0 win at City that clinched our first Champions League qualification. And if that isn't enough for you:

"...and STILL RICKY VEEEL-YA!..."

Too close to call, pep is a wildcard at this point.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He hasnt had an impact yet has he. Though I guess his previous successes have been in a two-team league and then at Bayern where he inherited a decent team and then spent eye-watering amounts. Wonder how high he has to finish in order to keep his job....

FROM THE GUARDIAN:

And so the story moves on to City’s next top-six encounter, which happens to be this Saturday at home to Tottenham Hotspur, who happen to be on a six-match winning run. Lots of top-six teams seem to have put together long sequences of wins this season (even Manchester United managed it until being held by Liverpool at the weekend) but City’s own six-match winning sequence in the league – right at the start of the season in case you are having difficulty recalling it – was ended by Spurs with a workmanlike 2-0 victory at White Hart Lane at the beginning of October.

I don't recall our victory being 'workmanlke'. I recall it being a high-energy domination of a team who had won six games in a row and who were being heavily touted for the title.
Workmanlike hahahah !!

We was absolutely magnificent that day and outplayed them from start to finish

It will be big if we win this game. It is a chance for Poch and the team to demonstrate their ability. I am with the club on this. COYS!! We can win this.

i'd happily take a point now, too much quality there to take it lightly

Quality on paper... but lacking on the pitch

We love to rate players and clubs by reputation in this country.

Their holding midfield options currently are really poor and immobile

Their defence consists of some aging players who were great and some seriously over paid for centre backs who are decidedly average

Their keeper has a save ratio that puts him in the lowest part if the league

They have some attacking talent and that's their strength clearly and if they perform that's the challenge but they lack any substance at the moment as a side

Back