• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Champions League Draw

William Hill say the odds of the Champions League draw being the same as the rehearsal is only 1679-1

Seriously? The odds must be astronomical. Very fishy.

It isn't really though is it? As long as the probability isn't 0, having this occur once or twice isn't a fishy occurrence at all. Repeat this a certain number of times and there must be at least one occasion when this would happen.

It isn't really though is it? As long as the probability isn't 0, having this occur once or twice isn't a fishy occurrence at all. Repeat this a certain number of times and there must be at least one occasion when this would happen.

A certain number of times and it is likely to happen again but the next time!

The chances of this occurring have been calculated as 1 chance in 2 million. Add to that this is UEFA we are talking about, not exactly paradigms of virtue, and a number of very 'watchable' draws then just maybe it was not totally left up to chance.

0.05% chance of draw + UEFA + TV revenue = Lone gunman on the grassy knoll or in other words I am bored working and am on here making brick up.

I don't trust Real, Barca, Bayern or anyone to do what they should after last year

Even though my head says they should all go through and all reach the semi finals, I 100% agree with you. People always just assume the best team will always win and don't take into account that they might not play well on the day/night or that the other team might get lucky as Chelsea did.

Last edited:
A few teams we don't see that often at this stage. The guys at UEFA will probably find a way to draw Barca-Real. Or will they try again to make that the final?

I want Dortmund to win it, play the best football and have the best young German in the world right now in Reus playing for them, what a fudging pleasure he is to watch. Gotze, Lewandowski, Gundogan and Kuba aren't bad neither ;)

Barcelona vs. Galatasaray
Real Madrid vs. Juventus
Malaga vs. Dortmund
Bayern Munich vs. PSG

Is what I think we'll get.

I was hoping we'd get a semi final of Madrid/Barca/Dortmund/Juventus

but i dont think we will be that lucky.

Hmm, 3 Spanish clubs. I reckon that means we'll get an all Spanish quarter final, with then other Spanish side on the other half of the draw.
No English clubs left, so no worries for Uefa in terms of English sides dominating the latter stages.
However two German sodes are left and I reckon they will want one of them knocked out in the semis should they get their. So i expect the two German sides to be on the same side of the draw.

I reckon:

Real Madrid vs Malaga
Juve vs Galatasaray
Barca vs Dortmund
Bayern vs PSG

Then for the semis:

The winner of Real/Malaga will face the winner of Juve/Galatasaray
The winner of Barca/Dortmund will face the winner of Bayern/PSG

Hmm, 3 Spanish clubs. I reckon that means we'll get an all Spanish quarter final, with then other Spanish side on the other half of the draw.
No English clubs left, so no worries for Uefa in terms of English sides dominating the latter stages.
However two German sodes are left and I reckon they will want one of them knocked out in the semis should they get their. So i expect the two German sides to be on the same side of the draw.

I reckon:

Real Madrid vs Malaga
Juve vs Galatasaray
Barca vs Dortmund
Bayern vs PSG

Then for the semis:

The winner of Real/Malaga will face the winner of Juve/Galatasaray
The winner of Barca/Dortmund will face the winner of Bayern/PSG

fudge the Germans. I want Real-Barca final. Tasty.

this is the best group of qf teams i can remember for a while. no massive weak link. maybe malaga but they've been amazingly plucky and deserve to be there. will be a couple of very big ties imo.

Back