• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Champions League Draw

and your excuse for May and the CL final on their own ground?

gave Arse false hope? :lol: just like we gave Inter false hope i guess;)

There was no excuse for May but Wednesday was pure genius, let Arsenal think they stood a chance and then pull the rug from under them.

As for us, nope that was just pure crap playing by Spurs.

If Bayern beat Juve home and away and Barca knock out PSG, and we get a win and a draw against Basel, then we'll definitely be a Pot 2 in next seasons CL if we manage to qualify.

If Bayern beat Juve home and away and Barca knock out PSG, and we get a win and a draw against Basel, then we'll definitely be a Pot 2 in next seasons CL if we manage to qualify.

In that scenario it's very likely we'd be in Pot 2 but I don't think it's guaranteed. Firstly, we'd need PSG to get nothing better than a draw in one of the legs against Barcelona otherwise they'd still have a better coefficient than us. But assuming we do move ahead of PSG and Juventus, we'd still need 3 higher ranked teams not to reach the CL group stage. I guess you think that will be 2 from Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea? If we qualify it's very likely that 2 of those won't - but not yet certain. I don't think there are any other teams that it can be said definitely won't qualify.

In that scenario it's very likely we'd be in Pot 2 but I don't think it's guaranteed. Firstly, we'd need PSG to get nothing better than a draw in one of the legs against Barcelona otherwise they'd still have a better coefficient than us. But assuming we do move ahead of PSG and Juventus, we'd still need 3 higher ranked teams not to reach the CL group stage. I guess you think that will be 2 from Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea? If we qualify it's very likely that 2 of those won't - but not yet certain. I don't think there are any other teams that it can be said definitely won't qualify.

The only assumption I've made is that both AC and Inter won't both make it CL football next season, with Inter most likely to miss out.

I think it's safe to say that if two from Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are in the CL next season then we won't be.

A win and draw against Basel will give us three points, plus a point for going through to the next round, so even if PSG get a draw against Barca, then we'll still over take them.

Added to the fact that Schalke look very likely to miss out and Valencia and Marseille are are far from guaranteed to get CL next season, I think the above scenario will get us in to Pot 2 - IF WE QUALIFY - do you hear that football GHod? I'm taking nothing for granted, I was just musing on the possible scenario of what would happen if we somehow got into the top four, stumbled our way through the qualifier and made it in to the group stages of the CL.

A win and draw against Basel will give us three points, plus a point for going through to the next round, so even if PSG get a draw against Barca, then we'll still over take them.

Indeed, we'd need PSG to get nothing better than a draw in one of the legs against Barcelona. If Barcelona knock out PSG on aggregate but PSG draw both games or win one, then PSG would still have a better coefficient than us.

Schalke are 4th in the Bundesliga which puts them in a CL play-off place.

All Spanish and all German semi finals interest me more.

The final will be interesting and get all the hype regardless. Those semis would maximise the interest in the semis so would definitely be in UEFA's best interests.

Indeed, we'd need PSG to get nothing better than a draw in one of the legs against Barcelona. If Barcelona knock out PSG on aggregate but PSG draw both games or win one, then PSG would still have a better coefficient than us.

Schalke are 4th in the Bundesliga which puts them in a CL play-off place.

Yeah, got a bit mixed up regarding Shalke, best scenario would see us being a Pot 2 team at the expense of Emirates Marketing Project. Really is a massive difference, still depends on the luck of the draw. If we get there at all that is.

Barca, Dortmund, Madrid and Juve to go through.

I've done a u-turn on Bayern. I fancied them to win it as they have been immense this season, but they are MASSIVE bottlers.

Recreating the CL draw: Turkish TV

[video=youtube;OqlkO0jgM6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqlkO0jgM6g[/video]

Simply put, a former Turkish pro-ref has recreated the CL draw to perfection using a metal device to find the right balls at the right time.

Let the conspiracy commence.

Re: Recreating the CL draw: Turkish TV

Ever since the big money came in ( last 6/7 years) ive always said the draws are fixed.

I've always thought draws are fixed. The main thing they do is ensure derbys happen in semi finals and not finals, so as not to localise interest in the showpiece.

Think of all the semis us, Arsenal and Chelsea have played against each other, yet us-Chelsea in '67 is only major all-London cup final there has ever been.

I've always thought draws are fixed. The main thing they do is ensure derbys happen in semi finals and not finals, so as not to localise interest in the showpiece.

Think of all the semis us, Arsenal and Chelsea have played against each other, yet us-Chelsea in '67 is only major all-London cup final there has ever been.

Not sure, Arse played Chelski recently in both FA and League cup finals and in 99 we could've met Arse in the FA cup final if we'd both won against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Man U.

off the top of my head, some local derby finals....

West ham Arse in 1980, Spurs QPR in 1981

Liverpool Everton in 86 and 89

arse chelsea in 2002

Spurs Chelsea in 2008 League Cup

a big local derby Man U v Liverpool in 77 and 96

The only recent one is 08 and we played Arsenal in the semi.

Without speaking Turkish, is this chap suggesting he knows (and can employ) the manner in which the draw could be fixed? If so, what is it?
Or is it something else?

Back