• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Saggy-face thread?!?

Indeed, thanks to Levy we are the only club who managed to keep a lid on his actions. This will tinkle of JTG (again) but " rent a quote " is a fraud.

That's a good point; it's also interesting that AVB gets that same label, which I find hilarious

Indeed, thanks to Levy we are the only club who managed to keep a lid on his actions. This will tinkle of JTG (again) but " rent a quote " is a fraud.

They should put that at the bottom of every post you type like they do with Mumorn "If this is anything other than a comfortable win I will leave this forum."

Indeed, the guy is a fraud who uses every excuse in the book and then when he runs out of excuses he walks.

That's a good point; it's also interesting that AVB gets that same label, which I find hilarious

If AVB's recent interviews on Portuguese TV are anything to go by, RedKnapp and AVB share one major trait - the inability to take responsibility for their failures. Tbh I'm glad neither are still part of the club.

Last edited:
If AVB's recent interviews on Portuguese TV are anything to go by, RedKnapp and AVB share one major trait - the inability to take responsibility for their failures. Tbh I'm glad neither are still part of the club.

This .. and people who blame Redknapp for bankrupting their club .. look at Levy, no chairman should allow a manager to risk the club fiscally ..

AVB, in my own personal opinion, has some sort of personality issue going on. Read that as you wish. But his last weeks with us were that of a man who had cut himself adrift from the world because he did not (or could not) deal with it any longer. Put it this way; I think he has led a life where he has never had to compromise himself one tiny bit. And yes, he did himself no favors at all. Where I would say the two differ is in the nature of their, hmm, 'issues'...one always struck me as sadly desperate and the sort of thing which you hoped upon hope he might grow out of, the other appears to be an inner-streak which has existed for decades.

Actually AVB bettered his points total with a squad that didn't have modric, king or Vdv. That to me suggested that had Harry been on his game we should have finished higher. No manager since Harry has had such a squad at his disposal, especially not the current one.

By the way it's a classy thread for a classy guy. That last season I absolutely felt let down by him tbh and so did Levy obviously which is why he got rid. I don't feel grateful to him why should I? He was paid handsomely to do a job and he did not put his whole effort into it. Then tried to blackmail our chairman into giving him a long contract. To those who say liverpool' s squad was better last season than that which Harry had I simply can't agree. King, Dawson, walker and ekotto at the back better than anything at liverpool, glorious midfield of modric, bale Lennon, Parker backed up with an inform sandro, kranjcar. That matches a midfield of continho, Henderson, gerrard and sterling. Up front we had Ade and Defoe as back up with Saha as back up. That's the only area that liverpool were better IMO.
If Harry had that squad in the league last year then he may well have come 2nd too. The league was nowhere near as strong last year.

So he would have done better with a worse team than the one he finished 4th with? Not sure i can see the logic there

Although in fairness the second half of 11/12 skews things a bit - he could have had us finishing much higher if whatever happened didn't happen. Would have been interesting to see how he would have faired in the wake of that season - i have my opinion on how it would have gone, not that it matters nearly 3 years later!

Last edited:
This .. and people who blame Redknapp for bankrupting their club .. look at Levy, no chairman should allow a manager to risk the club fiscally ..

I think Levy was on holiday when he agreed to sign Bent and Bentley.....

Yet so many do...

Really to Levy's credit that one.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall by saying this over and over (not aimed at you), but I fail to see how a manager can be held responsible for the club's financial state when it's the chairman's job. Isn't it possible that the other clubs he managed at are just really poor at managing their respective clubs' budgets?

Despite the fact that I constantly find myself defending him and his record, I do agree that he is an overrated manager, this is mainly media driven. He's also incapable of admitting responsibility like AVB is as another poster pointed out. I don't think that detracts from the job he did at Spurs however. He by no means worked any miracles at Spurs, but he did the best job of any Spurs manager since Venables IMO and played the best football.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall by saying this over and over (not aimed at you), but I fail to see how a manager can be held responsible for the club's financial state when it's the chairman's job. Isn't it possible that the other clubs he managed at are just really poor at managing their respective clubs' budgets?

Despite the fact that I constantly find myself defending him and his record, I do agree that he is an overrated manager, this is mainly media driven. He's also incapable of admitting responsibility like AVB is as another poster pointed out. I don't think that detracts from the job he did at Spurs however. He by no means worked any miracles at Spurs, but he did the best job of any Spurs manager since Venables IMO and played the best football.

You know what? Given your opinion on him, I think this is a really fair, well-balanced and upstanding opinion. I'm going to meet you here at the halfway point and say I am grateful for the fun, exciting times we had when he was here. The metaphoric handshake commences, and onwards we go behind Poch ;-)

If you mean me it wont and does not.

We played nice football under arry but I know from someone who worked at the club at the time that Redknapp had literally no tactics. He made his bed when he flirted with England. I would have preferred him to the negative anti football that was avb. But I am happier with what we have now in Poch, a proper coach who just wants to coach footballers and an upbeat style of play.

Would agree with those that say Redknapp was from the wrong era and his constant talking in the press did him more harm then good.

As for Levy I like that he is usually tight with the money the club makes, except when we received the Bale money and he behaved with all the decorum of a teenage girl at a pop concert.
It is his interfering with football people and getting involved in transfers and trying to play the market that I do not like, along with buying players that does not suit the coaches style of play.

As for Levy I like that he is usually tight with the money the club makes, except when we received the Bale money and he behaved with all the decorum of a teenage girl at a pop concert.
It is his interfering with football people and getting involved in transfers and trying to play the market that I do not like, along with buying players that does not suit the coaches style of play.

Without Levy's interference we wouldn't have Lloris, among others.

Back