• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Saggy-face thread?!?

Classy thread here.

We had a good run with Harry, no point pretending we all have a crystal ball and "know" what would have happened. To another posters point, Harry did more in the CL that City has done in multiple attempts with a much better squad.

Until another manager gets us a similar run, wins us some trophies, Harry is our best manager in almost 20 odd years by default if nothing else, and I enjoyed those years, don't feel the need to harp on about what might have been, and will say thank you.

And as a last point, 3 managers since haven't done better, either in real results or style of play.

Actually AVB bettered his points total with a squad that didn't have modric, king or Vdv. That to me suggested that had Harry been on his game we should have finished higher. No manager since Harry has had such a squad at his disposal, especially not the current one.

By the way it's a classy thread for a classy guy. That last season I absolutely felt let down by him tbh and so did Levy obviously which is why he got rid. I don't feel grateful to him why should I? He was paid handsomely to do a job and he did not put his whole effort into it. Then tried to blackmail our chairman into giving him a long contract. To those who say liverpool' s squad was better last season than that which Harry had I simply can't agree. King, Dawson, walker and ekotto at the back better than anything at liverpool, glorious midfield of modric, bale Lennon, Parker backed up with an inform sandro, kranjcar. That matches a midfield of continho, Henderson, gerrard and sterling. Up front we had Ade and Defoe as back up with Saha as back up. That's the only area that liverpool were better IMO.

So, a toe in January (plus two terrible reffing decisions) is the difference? Come on. I don't mind if you disagree but you can't have it both ways here.

As for the second bit, I know exactly what you're referring to. I stand by what I said at that time and again in this thread mate.

To say we should have finished any higher than 3rd is punching above our weight given our net spend and that fergie was in charge of United and city had a far superior squad.

You could add both of Suarez's last two seasons together and they wouldn't match either of Bale's last two.

As for Stevie Me - there's a very good reason he's not at Real/City/Chel53a and it's not because he loves Liverpool.

Wrong and wrong.

Gerrard's move was called off after allegedly gangsters threatened his family.

In his last 2 full seasons, Suarez scored 30 in 44 games and 31 in 37 games, this season it is 5 in 17
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Suárez#Club

In his last 2 full seasons, Bale scored 26 in 44 games and 22 in 44 games, this season it is 14 in 29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Bale#Club

I think Harry time at Spurs came to an end the same time it did at QPR, in the Jan window.

He wanted to freshen things up when we started the season like a rocket and we didn't, he never truly recovered from that transfer window in my opinion....
I think Bales last season for us come pretty close, also the S,S,S trip was unplayable as a unit and a lot of Suarez success came from Stirling. That trip was frightening.

What for me made Bales season extra special is the fact he did it on his own, pretty much picked us out the boredom and did it alone. Freekicks, wondergoals, runs from half way, the bloody lot. Even down to the last game of the season he did the business alone. Suarez deserves all the praise he got for last season, but I can't praise Bale enough for what he did for us in that last season.
absolutely agreed with the second paragrap.

That's your opinion. Suarez and Cavani dragged a pretty average Uruguay team to the World Cup semis and to a Copa America title. Suarez played better last season than Bale ever has in his career so far. You can see how far they have fallen since he left.

The comment about Gerrard isn't even worth responding to. The level of bias against Liverpool on this forum is hilarious. It borders on obsession sometimes.

Liverpool appear in better shape without Suarez than we did without bale. Also wasn't suarez banned for 6 games or so last season and Rodgers still managed to get them to 2nd. Can't believe I am defending Benton.

I actually got a ban for saying Bale looked a little like a gay, despite not meaning it negatively and actually liking the gay community more then the straight one, of all my bans that was the only one that tinkleed me off.

I've just gone back through the records to check on this. As I suspected it was not for saying Bale looked a little like a gay, it was for trolling and stirring things up. A poster had been asking for clarification from the mods on where the line was on a discussion on football and homophobia. You then went and stamped all over that. Sorry that it tinkleed you off.

To say we should have finished any higher than 3rd is punching above our weight given our net spend and that fergie was in charge of United and city had a far superior squad.

'Net spend'...mate, we had two players with a combined transfer value of 120 million in our starting 11. We could go through the sides and price them. I think you'd find it stacks up favorably. The net spend argument only goes so far. We had the chance to push (like Liverpool last season, in fact, the parallels were scary except they nearly did it)...I think we are going to have to agree to disagree, as there as no right or wrong in this one.

Wrong and wrong.

Gerrard's move was called off after allegedly gangsters threatened his family.

In his last 2 full seasons, Suarez scored 30 in 44 games and 31 in 37 games, this season it is 5 in 17
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Suárez#Club

In his last 2 full seasons, Bale scored 26 in 44 games and 22 in 44 games, this season it is 14 in 29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Bale#Club
If another club wanted Gerrard enough they'd have made it happen. His family would have been fine in Spain.

Bale and Suarez play very different roles - you can't compare them via goals. What you can do is ask a load of people who the top 5 players in the world are - lost will mention Bale in that list (many won't) but I've never heard of Suarez get mentioned. I'd be surprised if most people even had him in their top 10s.

I've just gone back through the records to check on this. As I suspected it was not for saying Bale looked a little like a gay, it was for trolling and stirring things up. A poster had been asking for clarification from the mods on where the line was on a discussion on football and homophobia. You then went and stamped all over that. Sorry that it tinkleed you off.
I will only forgive you if we have the big gay emotion back;)

Another: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba.../37757/myths-spacegoats-and-excuses--redknapp

The thing you quickly get used to when Harry Redknapp is your manager, is it’s never his fault.
When he’s not passing blame, he’s lying. He’ll sit there and say he’s no idea how much Charlie Austin earns, how much he’s been offered, or what the state of his contract negotiations are, because all of that is dealt with by the chairman and the chief executive. Then, sometimes in the very next sentence, he’ll happily reveal that Jose Bosingwa is on £65,000 a week, and Adel Taarabt and Shaun Wright-Phillips are not far behind. Whatever you think of that trio of individuals, the way Redknapp just threw club assets under the bus when it suited him, revealing details of contracts and wages, was completely unprofessional.

It continued right down to the death today. Redknapp was at the QPR training ground for the best part of 14 hours on Monday as the transfer deadline approached. He says he was trying to get Emmanuel Adebayor in on loan. Widespread reports say he was trying to return Mauro Zarate to West Ham just three weeks after taking him on loan in the first place in order to create space for Matt Jarvis to come the other way. Whatever, he was there, he was busy, and he was engaged.
Today, transfer window closed and no players in, we’re told that the knee problems he’s been suffering since he arrived here two years ago are too bad for him to continue. Fine yesterday, not today.

Back