• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Saggy-face thread?!?

That's your opinion. Suarez and Cavani dragged a pretty average Uruguay team to the World Cup semis and to a Copa America title. Suarez played better last season than Bale ever has in his career so far. You can see how far they have fallen since he left.

The comment about Gerrard isn't even worth responding to. The level of bias against Liverpool on this forum is hilarious. It borders on obsession sometimes.

Bale is single handedly getting Wales to the Euro finals.

That's your opinion. Suarez and Cavani dragged a pretty average Uruguay team to the World Cup semis and to a Copa America title. Suarez played better last season than Bale ever has in his career so far. You can see how far they have fallen since he left.

The comment about Gerrard isn't even worth responding to. The level of bias against Liverpool on this forum is hilarious. It borders on obsession sometimes.
You could add both of Suarez's last two seasons together and they wouldn't match either of Bale's last two.

As for Stevie Me - there's a very good reason he's not at Real/City/Chelsea and it's not because he loves Liverpool.

Is that a suggestion he isn't good enough??

Yep. If he were good enough Real would have cranked up their tapup machine and forced a move a long time ago. Bale and Modric are an integral part of one of the world's biggest clubs. Stevie Me gets punchy in night clubs and consistently lets down the England team.

Yep. If he were good enough Real would have cranked up their tapup machine and forced a move a long time ago. Bale and Modric are an integral part of one of the world's biggest clubs. Stevie Me gets punchy in night clubs and consistently lets down the England team.

To be fair Chelsea wanted him hugely, Mour stating he was the biggest regret not signing him.

I think saying a player wasn't top draw because he wouldn't get to Real or Barcelona is a slight narrow minded view. Firstly you could argue that its an area that Barce haven't had to touch for years, that's not to say Gerrard wasn't good enough but he wasn't needed. As for Real he would have got in a number of their teams...think Gravesen and Co.....If Gerrard played in a Real or Barce midfield in his pomp their quality would have remained.

I think in his prime, special player

To be fair Chel53a wanted him hugely, Mour stating he was the biggest regret not signing him.

I think saying a player wasn't top draw because he wouldn't get to Real or Barcelona is a slight narrow minded view. Firstly you could argue that its an area that Barce haven't had to touch for years, that's not to say Gerrard wasn't good enough but he wasn't needed. As for Real he would have got in a number of their teams...think Gravesen and Co.....If Gerrard played in a Real or Barce midfield in his pomp their quality would have remained.

I think in his prime, special player
That wasn't my argument - it was that Bale and specifically Modric are better. Gerrard isn't a terrible player - he's a good one but he's well short of the world class talent we lost in Modric.

That wasn't my argument - it was that Bale and specifically Modric are better. Gerrard isn't a terrible player - he's a good one but he's well short of the world class talent we lost in Modric.

Bales a totally different player. I agree in Modric to an extent but based on different skill set. Gerrard in his pomp scored more goals a season that Modric ever will and would have made a captain we haven't had in decades.

I think Gerrard was world class...

He was world class, but football changed and Gerrard struggled to adapt. When Barca began to hit their stride under Guardiola, Gerrard's physical style of play became overshadowed by the short pass and move of Xavi and Iniesta.

He had more chance of going to Chelsea than Spain, as he was suited to English football

The team we had all clearly had the ability to be better than Brenton's they were just mismanaged.

I don't know how to use the like button, look at the guys record one trophy in over 30 years as a manager and three( different teams) to relegation, his pals in the press kept telling us he was a great manager and should be in line for the England job ( which he never had a chance of getting from the FA). The bloke is a fraud and never accepts any blame for anything, when the going gets tough he walks ( its what he does).

Always with Harry its about that final season and not getting 3rd. I think we were all devastated by that failure. But what about the first season? No-one gave us a hope outside of N17 of finishing 4th. In fact I'd say there were only a few on this forum who actually believed we'd get there, I certainly had major doubts until that game at Emirates Marketing Project. He out-punched Benitez/Liverpool and big spending Emirates Marketing Project who had it in their hands but he got disciplined performances out of our team when it mattered most - at the Etihad and the Goon/Chav games at WHL. Even Martin O'Neill had outspent us at Villa and we'd been 8th the year before - not really pulling up any trees. There was no belief in the club that we could actually finish 4th, we'd come close under Jol but I don't think the crowd really believed we could do it. I think he deserves immense credit for that.
The football we played under him was superb, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I am grateful for that. Wipes out any bad memories of how it ended for me.

The team we had all clearly had the ability to be better than Brenton's they were just mismanaged.

wait, that team had Ade as its centre forward, a player who you absolutely have no time for and think very little of :)

how we managed to finish 4th with Ade as a centre forward il never know.....dont you think;)

I've always found the term "saggy" or "twitchy" extremely distasteful given how he only has the twitch due to a car crash in which another man lost his life. I get that he's not everyon'e cup of tea and yes he is out for himself (who isn't out for themselves in football btw?) but I don't know why people can't extend the same courtesy they do to Bale, Berbs and Modric etc who left the club in similarly strained relationships with the club to an extent, but they are still treated as heroes.

??? Bale and Modric got and still do get similar abuse about their appearance on here.

I've always found the term "saggy" or "twitchy" extremely distasteful given how he only has the twitch due to a car crash in which another man lost his lifeQUOTE]

QUOTE]

Im with this, totally uncalled for.

I like to think we as fans have more going for us than West Ham Fans...[/

Yep, this is was a common whisper at the time. And another was that when the England job in his mind was his after the court case, he did even less work and preparation for matches. We could all see that on the pitch, especially his random application to managing a football match that was seen in that infamous Walcott-inspired 5-2 at the Death Star in Feb 2012....

This all sound a bit deja vu doesn't it? I mean wasn't the same being said about AVB at the beginning as well by various ITKs? Plus wasn't it the same being said under almost all our previous new managers??
Or does your source say they love MoPo more than AVB, Harry etc?

Nope I got told the players enjoyed it despite the physical stuff apparently this coach brings enjoyment to training. Harry was mocked behind his back for lack of knowledge despite the fact that the players liked being able to do what they wanted.

AVB was respected but the players found he would not be open to new ideas and was inflexible and then the last month was quite literally a car crash where he would not even prepare for games.

I have often poured scorn on ITK but this comes from right in the centre of the club at that time.

??? Bale and Modric got and still do get similar abuse about their appearance on here.
I actually got a ban for saying Bale looked a little like a gay, despite not meaning it negatively and actually liking the gay community more then the straight one, of all my bans that was the only one that tinkled me off.

Nope I got told the players enjoyed it despite the physical stuff apparently this coach brings enjoyment to training. Harry was mocked behind his back for lack of knowledge despite the fact that the players liked being able to do what they wanted.

AVB was respected but the players found he would not be open to new ideas and was inflexible and then the last month was quite literally a car crash where he would not even prepare for games.

I have often poured scorn on ITK but this comes from right in the centre of the club at that time.

Very interesting - Thanks :)

Classy thread here.

We had a good run with Harry, no point pretending we all have a crystal ball and "know" what would have happened. To another posters point, Harry did more in the CL that City has done in multiple attempts with a much better squad.

Until another manager gets us a similar run, wins us some trophies, Harry is our best manager in almost 20 odd years by default if nothing else, and I enjoyed those years, don't feel the need to harp on about what might have been, and will say thank you.

And as a last point, 3 managers since haven't done better, either in real results or style of play.

In my experience most people in life are only out for themselves, I agree with the whole offence about twitchy face as well, now if people wanted to call him a wheeler dealer with questionable morales it would be a different matter.

I know someone who worked with the first team while Redknapp was in charge and I know for a fact that he never used to work on tactics. Now sometimes I feel we can over complicate the game. But I got told he did not even work on things like if we were attacking which midfielders should be in defensive mode and be looking to cover the defence.

The guy whose name I obviously will not give as they still work in the game, said he and others found it shocking and it was only because we had such good players that Redknapp survived. This is the same guy who told me that AVB gave up in his last month in charge, but has also told me that the current first team love playing for Poch from what he hears from friends still at the club.

the absolute truth! On all BTW. Look, I know no-one wants to acknowledge it, but he rode the crest of Modric and (later) Bale. Madrid carried us for three years along with Gareth Bale and Ledley King!!!!!

Classy thread here.

We had a good run with Harry, no point pretending we all have a crystal ball and "know" what would have happened. To another posters point, Harry did more in the CL that City has done in multiple attempts with a much better squad.

Until another manager gets us a similar run, wins us some trophies, Harry is our best manager in almost 20 odd years by default if nothing else, and I enjoyed those years, don't feel the need to harp on about what might have been, and will say thank you.

And as a last point, 3 managers since haven't done better, either in real results or style of play.

It is one thing to have enjoyed it, it is another to recognize what always was. Class is as class does. He never ever ever took responsibility for anything other than successes. Had he shown even a hint of culpability ever, I think he would be warmly appreciated by everyone. Ask yourself why it is that hardly any of his ex-club's fans are united in remembering him with love and affection...

Push for title yes, finish above Fergie and Emirates Marketing Project? Not a chance, we were punching above our weight even being so close to them in the first place. If Defoe gets his toe on the end of Bale's cross then maybe it is a slight possibility.

I'm not talking about Modric and Real Madrid, I am talking about when he publicly stated he wanted to play for Chel53a and that they were a bigger club than us. Imagine if Poch was tapped up by Roman and didn't want to manage the league cup final against them. The stick he would get would be unbelievable!

So, a toe in January (plus two terrible reffing decisions) is the difference? Come on. I don't mind if you disagree but you can't have it both ways here.

As for the second bit, I know exactly what you're referring to. I stand by what I said at that time and again in this thread mate.

Last edited:
Back