• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next 10 games

Looking at our next 3 matches I'd take 1-0 (Watford), 1-0 (Wigan) and 4-0 (Liverpool). Most games I'd be delighted with any kind of win, but I hope we kick their fudging asses over at Klanfield, show them that our win last year and form this season isn't a fluke.

Half way through. Predictions were right up until today, but we're only 1 point behind where I thought we'd be. I still think around 16pts from these fixtures will secure a CL place. Thoughts?

16 points will just about secure fourth - five wins and a draw from our next twelve games is eminently achievable. However, we want third, and that will be a lot trickier; I'll wager a conclusive guarantee would be seventy-seven points .I'd wager we'll get 75 by the end.That requires 22 points, which is about seven wins and a draw from our twelve. That should just about see us inch over the line, though not by much. and seven wins and a draw is eminently achievable. pick up wins against Everton and Stoke, and we can afford a few slip-ups in the run-in. Pick up points against Chelsea, and we'll be in an even better position.

So then... 7pts from last 6. Any revised predictions for the remaining 4 matches to take us to the end of March

10 Mar Everton (a)
17 Mar Stoke (h)
24 Mar Chelsea (a)
31 Mar Swansea (h)

Last edited:
So then... 7pts from last 6. Any revised predictions for the remaining 4 matches to take us to the end of March

10 Mar Everton (a)
17 Mar Stoke (h)
24 Mar Chelsea (a)
31 Mar Swansea (h)

Everton 1 point
Stoke 3 points
Chelsea 0
Swansea 3 points

Total of 7/12. Assuming the scum don't win all 4 of their next 4 I'd be happy.

Everton 1 point
Stoke 3 points
Chelsea 0
Swansea 3 points

Total of 7/12. Assuming the scum don't win all 4 of their next 4 I'd be happy.

the annoying thing (with them) is, you could see them doing exactly that!

Everton - 3 - They've beaten City and Chelsea at Goodison this season, but Mancini admitted they lost because they expected an easy game and Chelsea were in dreadful form at the time. We've lost our last two games but played well in the last one and have a point to prove. Oh, and did I mention that Everton's squad is brick these days?

Stoke - 3 - We would have thrashed them at the Britannia with a better referee. When we went on that disastrous one win in 10 last season, that one win was against them. Their away form is dodgy and it's an evening game, the WHL crowd will be in good voice and we should beat them.

Chelsea - 0 - Almost impossible to say, because we don't know how Di Matteo will get them playing. Going on our record at Stamford Bridge and the relative performances of the two sides at WHL in December, and also being a pessimist, I'll say Chelsea win.

Swansea - 3 - Again, Swansea are dodgy away from home, and teams that play an open attacking style against us at WHL usually get thrashed. Their best defender is also ineligible to play.

That equals 16 points from the 10 games. If we can achieve this we're guaranteed to still be in 3rd regardless of what Arsenal or Chelsea do. Which is a good place to be considering that we will have no more games left against the teams in the top 7 and no more away games against anyone currently in the top half.

i'd snap you arm off for 9 points. a win at either everton or chelsea would be huge.

wouldn't be unhappy with 7 at all. that would leaving us only needing to fall over the line for a top 4 spot at worst.

then probably 3 wins from the last 7 would get 4th and 4 for 3rd

I'm worried Arsenal's winning streak is going to keep on going. Let's face it, one man can make a big difference, Maradona won the World Cup for Argentina in 86 pretty much by himself. Not comparing Van Persie to Maradona btw, but you get my point.

It is funny (or not in this case maybe) to look back and see our predictions flop so spectacularly.

Back