• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next 10 games

Naughton16

Clive Wilson
How many points will we take and how many do we need to achieve the objective of a top 4 finish?

---------------------------------------

22 Jan Emirates Marketing Project (a)
31 Jan Wigan (h)
06 Feb Liverpool (a)
11 Feb Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h)
26 Feb Arsenal (a)
03 Mar Man Utd (h)
10 Mar Everton (a)
17 Mar Stoke (h)
24 Mar Chelsea (a)
31 Mar Swansea (h)

I reckon we'll get 16pts from these - LWDWDDDWLW

Should be enough for a CL spot with a hopefully less difficult run-in to follow?

One draw at home and we're aiming for 4th place?

All ten of those games are winnable. If we only get 16 points it will mean the team has turned to brick overnight.

Given that we have not lost a game since Parker & Adebayor signed (without the intervention of incompetent officials), I agree with Modric THFC.

21 points minimum from these fixtures and we are still right up there.

The last ten games were fairly kind to us. This will be a much tougher set of games.

Emirates Marketing Project - D
Wigan - W
Liverpool - D
11 Feb Saudi Sportswashing Machine - W
26 Feb Arsenal - D
03 Mar Man Utd - W
10 Mar Everton - W
17 Mar Stoke - W
24 Mar Chelsea - D
31 Mar Swansea - W

22 points for me.

How many points will we take and how many do we need to achieve the objective of a top 4 finish?

---------------------------------------

22 Jan Emirates Marketing Project (a) 0
31 Jan Wigan (h) 3
06 Feb Liverpool (a) 1
11 Feb Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h) 3
26 Feb Arsenal (a) 1
03 Mar Man Utd (h) 1
10 Mar Everton (a) 3
17 Mar Stoke (h) 3
24 Mar Chelsea (a) 1
31 Mar Swansea (h) 3

I reckon we'll get 16pts from these - LWDWDDDWLW

Should be enough for a CL spot with a hopefully less difficult run-in to follow?

19 seems most realistic to me. Looks to be a heck of a run in. Would be delighted with anything more.

I'm not going to predict on individual matches but if we come out of the Man U game within 6 points of 1st, we will win the league.

If Arsenal or Chelsea win the CL will they get the 4th place CL spot?
Sorry if this has been done to death.

Wigan - W
Liverpool - D
26 Feb Arsenal - D
03 Mar Man Utd - W
10 Mar Everton - W
17 Mar Stoke - W
24 Mar Chelsea - L
31 Mar Swansea - W

21 for me which is less than we have been averaging which would be 22 points.

However can see us losing one of the draws but also converting one of them to a win..... Oh for the ability to tell the future

We will beat Emirates Marketing Project.
I feel confident about this too. I think Emirates Marketing Project are that much weaker without the Toure brothers, Kompany and perhaps Silva (?). We want to avenge the 5-1 and will serve them up a defeat! I think we will win and score a few goals to shock people.

I would have been 100% confident in beating bricky if we had beaten Wolves. I dont know now its about 90% confident.

I think the players will be totally up for this game simply payback time for the 5-1. For us to win though we will have to be on our best and by that I mean Parker being totally fit and Kaboul and Dawson being exceptional.

22 Jan Emirates Marketing Project (a) - D
31 Jan Wigan (h) - W
06 Feb Liverpool (a) - D
11 Feb Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h) - W
26 Feb Arsenal (a) - L
03 Mar Man Utd (h) - D
10 Mar Everton (a) - L
17 Mar Stoke (h) - W
24 Mar Chelsea (a) - D
31 Mar Swansea (h) - W

16 points.

22 Jan Emirates Marketing Project (a) 3
31 Jan Wigan (h) 3
06 Feb Liverpool (a) 3
11 Feb Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h) 3
26 Feb Arsenal (a) 3
03 Mar Man Utd (h) 3
10 Mar Everton (a) 3
17 Mar Stoke (h) 3
24 Mar Chelsea (a) 3
31 Mar Swansea (h) 3

30 points. Top of the league.

Wigan - W
Liverpool - D
26 Feb Arsenal - D
03 Mar Man Utd - W
10 Mar Everton - W
17 Mar Stoke - W
24 Mar Chelsea - D
31 Mar Swansea - W

22 points for me.

Thats massively optomistic to think we wont lose a single game in our next 10. Obviously I hope you're right though.....

everyone seems VERY confident we will beat Man U!

this is title run in time, this is Man U - i will be happy with a draw

I think a final total of 76 pts should achieve min 4th place

Thats 30 pts from the last 17 games
From the next 10 games I dont think 15 pts is too unrealistic. 11 pts from the 5 home games 4pts from the 5 aways?

Leaving 15pts to get from the last 7 games
3 home games Fulham,Blackburn and Norwich maybe 9 pts
4 aways Bolton,Sunderland,Villa and QPR maybe 6 pts

Final total 76 pts. Surely we would be very unlucky not achieve CL Top 4 with that total. Basically means one of Arsenal, Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine need to pick up 40 pts from 17 games, that would take some doing

Last edited:
Assuming current form, current injuries, current managers, no changes from this transfer window, current tactics, current refs....

22 Jan Emirates Marketing Project (a) - Despite them missing Kompany and the Toures, we will be missing Ade, at least... So this is the hardest match on paper, their league form at home is very very good. It's very difficult to predict this one. The last 2 seasons saw this match settled with Crouch goals, while they should theoretically be weaker than they have been for the majority of this season, I guess I'll sit on the fence and put this one down as a draw.

31 Jan Wigan (h) - This should be the 2nd easiest game of the season after Bolton at home. I can't not put this one down for a win, given the other fixtures on here I'm going to put down as wins. :p

06 Feb Liverpool (a) - We sometimes struggle at Anfield, but they're struggling at Anfield. They drew with Emirates Marketing Project there, Liverpool seem to motivate themselves better for "big" games... But we should really be able to win this. Especially if Suarez is still suspended. Lucus will be out for the rest of the season... Will Gerrard even be fit for this?

11 Feb Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h) - Should win. We so very nearly beat them at their place, playing them at WHL should make a world of difference too.

26 Feb Arsenal (a) - Assuming RVP is fit, which would be a personal record for him, I'm sure - We should be able to win this. I know we keep getting 4 points a season from Arsenal, and we've already taken 3, and I know they always raise their game when they play us, but their squad is weak, their first 11 are weak... Their dream team for this is an extremely average side with a few "star players" for them...

They have a CB who is probably their 2nd or 3rd biggest goal threat, they have Song who seems to be the only DM in the league with creative responsibilities, although they may have the future of English football back by then, Arteta is important for them... Spearheaded by RVP, likely to be responsible for 90% of their goals, Henry who currently is a walking moral boost that shouts at people (he can still pass and shoot though, without him they would have no other forward player that could shoot on target from 6 yards, (Walcott does not shoot, he passes with the strength of a 9 year old girl, or it goes wide)... They have Walcott, if you can imagine Lennon with 2 left feet, you'd have Walcott, that may be harsh on Lennon because his crossing with his left foot is significantly better than Walcott's crossing with his right, his left foot control is probably better than Walcott's right footed control and his left footed shooting is probably marginally better than Walcott's right footed shooting. ----

If all their injury problems get better and they can play their strongest side, it'll still be an extremely weak side with only a few people of note... They'll be at home, they might remember how to pass the ball, but their defence is awful, especially if Vermalen doesn't play, if he doesn't play, their defence looks worse than Bolton's by some distance. (Bolton don't have 50% possession in many games.) I seriously expect RVP to be injured by this stage though. Currently, they're 6 points ahead of Stoke and play Man United next week... (Stoke have a home game against West Brom next week, so it'll probably drop to 3 points.) I know it's a derby, but this should be many many many times easier than Chelsea away.

03 Mar Man Utd (h) - We should win. It's at home, Man United currently have a very iffy midfield, Vidic will be out. Rooney might be in amazing form or he might be in Heskey-like form, with him it's usually one or the other. His current form is bad, so he may recover by this game. Now, if it was at OT, I would expect whoever refs this to just give them a goal whenever we scored, but it's at home, while a ref might have a bad day, we lose 1 home game a year and we've lost one in the last year so we should get something from the game, I just feel we should win. This United team without Vidic is not the best.

10 Mar Everton (a) - We should win. I know Everton are better in the second half of the season but they've sold almost all their best players. It might be tight, but we should win this... It's an easier game than many of the others in this 10, so if we lose this, I'll be less confident about many many of the others.

17 Mar Stoke (h) - Stoke are good at home and they needed the ref to give them about 20 decisions to beat us. They are not so good away. This should be a win.

24 Mar Chelsea (a) - This will probably be a draw. Not because Chelsea are that good, but because they can't stay this bad for the entire season. They are slowly learning from their mistakes and not playing insanely high lines with horrible starting 11s. They drew with Emirates Marketing Project, with some help from a ref.... They drew against us with Webb giving them 1 goal they shouldn't have had and denying us an onside goal. They should play better at home and might even have a new manager at this point. I think like the City game, I shouldn't be too optimistic here, it's very very winnable, but sometimes you draw matches that are winnable.

31 Mar Swansea (h) - They're amazing at home, not so good away. We should win this. They'll probably be safe in midtable by this stage too.

8 wins and 2 draws = 26 points. 2 points dropped at City and 2 dropped at the Bridge. Anything less than 20 points will be disappointing. (Not the end of the world though, it'll just make the rest of the fixtures into extremely high pressure affairs.)

Assuming current form, current injuries, current managers, no changes from this transfer window, current tactics, current refs....

22 Jan Emirates Marketing Project (a) - Despite them missing Kompany and the Toures, we will be missing Ade, at least... So this is the hardest match on paper, their league form at home is very very good. It's very difficult to predict this one. The last 2 seasons saw this match settled with Crouch goals, while they should theoretically be weaker than they have been for the majority of this season, I guess I'll sit on the fence and put this one down as a draw.

31 Jan Wigan (h) - This should be the 2nd easiest game of the season after Bolton at home. I can't not put this one down for a win, given the other fixtures on here I'm going to put down as wins. :p

06 Feb Liverpool (a) - We sometimes struggle at Anfield, but they're struggling at Anfield. They drew with Emirates Marketing Project there, Liverpool seem to motivate themselves better for "big" games... But we should really be able to win this. Especially if Suarez is still suspended. Lucus will be out for the rest of the season... Will Gerrard even be fit for this?

11 Feb Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h) - Should win. We so very nearly beat them at their place, playing them at WHL should make a world of difference too.

26 Feb Arsenal (a) - Assuming RVP is fit, which would be a personal record for him, I'm sure - We should be able to win this. I know we keep getting 4 points a season from Arsenal, and we've already taken 3, and I know they always raise their game when they play us, but their squad is weak, their first 11 are weak... Their dream team for this is an extremely average side with a few "star players" for them...

They have a CB who is probably their 2nd or 3rd biggest goal threat, they have Song who seems to be the only DM in the league with creative responsibilities, although they may have the future of English football back by then, Arteta is important for them... Spearheaded by RVP, likely to be responsible for 90% of their goals, Henry who currently is a walking moral boost that shouts at people (he can still pass and shoot though, without him they would have no other forward player that could shoot on target from 6 yards, (Walcott does not shoot, he passes with the strength of a 9 year old girl, or it goes wide)... They have Walcott, if you can imagine Lennon with 2 left feet, you'd have Walcott, that may be harsh on Lennon because his crossing with his left foot is significantly better than Walcott's crossing with his right, his left foot control is probably better than Walcott's right footed control and his left footed shooting is probably marginally better than Walcott's right footed shooting. ----

If all their injury problems get better and they can play their strongest side, it'll still be an extremely weak side with only a few people of note... They'll be at home, they might remember how to pass the ball, but their defence is awful, especially if Vermalen doesn't play, if he doesn't play, their defence looks worse than Bolton's by some distance. (Bolton don't have 50% possession in many games.) I seriously expect RVP to be injured by this stage though. Currently, they're 6 points ahead of Stoke and play Man United next week... (Stoke have a home game against West Brom next week, so it'll probably drop to 3 points.) I know it's a derby, but this should be many many many times easier than Chelsea away.

03 Mar Man Utd (h) - We should win. It's at home, Man United currently have a very iffy midfield, Vidic will be out. Rooney might be in amazing form or he might be in Heskey-like form, with him it's usually one or the other. His current form is bad, so he may recover by this game. Now, if it was at OT, I would expect whoever refs this to just give them a goal whenever we scored, but it's at home, while a ref might have a bad day, we lose 1 home game a year and we've lost one in the last year so we should get something from the game, I just feel we should win. This United team without Vidic is not the best.

10 Mar Everton (a) - We should win. I know Everton are better in the second half of the season but they've sold almost all their best players. It might be tight, but we should win this... It's an easier game than many of the others in this 10, so if we lose this, I'll be less confident about many many of the others.

17 Mar Stoke (h) - Stoke are good at home and they needed the ref to give them about 20 decisions to beat us. They are not so good away. This should be a win.

24 Mar Chelsea (a) - This will probably be a draw. Not because Chelsea are that good, but because they can't stay this bad for the entire season. They are slowly learning from their mistakes and not playing insanely high lines with horrible starting 11s. They drew with Emirates Marketing Project, with some help from a ref.... They drew against us with Webb giving them 1 goal they shouldn't have had and denying us an onside goal. They should play better at home and might even have a new manager at this point. I think like the City game, I shouldn't be too optimistic here, it's very very winnable, but sometimes you draw matches that are winnable.

31 Mar Swansea (h) - They're amazing at home, not so good away. We should win this. They'll probably be safe in midtable by this stage too.

8 wins and 2 draws = 26 points. 2 points dropped at City and 2 dropped at the Bridge. Anything less than 20 points will be disappointing. (Not the end of the world though, it'll just make the rest of the fixtures into extremely high pressure affairs.)

Couldn't you just use letters, like everyone else?
or the last 2 lines............................

much quicker to type.

......and read

for the hard of thinking

Back