• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Agree with Steff, think next season he and we will be much stronger. I feel that shot off the bar will be a symbol of this one. It seems like a building season, feels like Rogers first season at Pool so far. Hopefully we explode in a similar way next year.

Agree with Steff, think next season he and we will be much stronger. I feel that shot off the bar will be a symbol of this one. It seems like a building season, feels like Rogers first season at Pool so far. Hopefully we explode in a similar way next year.

The key is sustaining that whilst inevitably transitioning in terms of playing staff, as i expect Lloris and Vertonghen to move on and be replaced.

Liverpool this season look pretty toothless and disjointed (apart from when they played us and even then they had about 40% possession, a few attacks they took full advantage of and a soft pen) as you'd expect with selling Suarez and the amount of new players they've bought to replace him with.

Much like with us last season its almost as though they pressed the 're-set' button, despite what Rogers smuggly said about having a strategy when people tried to compare them to us.

I thought that was what Bale and now Rodriquez were for - succession planning and all that....

The only long term plan they have is to sign a couple of superstars every transfer window. Once Ronaldo leaves they'll be after whoever is 'hot'.

The only long term plan they have is to sign a couple of superstars every transfer window. Once Ronaldo leaves they'll be after whoever is 'hot'.

Hopefully not one of ours this time. Lets hope the likes of Sterling keeps being hyped up.

The key is sustaining that whilst inevitably transitioning in terms of playing staff, as i expect Lloris and Vertonghen to move on and be replaced.

Liverpool this season look pretty tutoothless and disjointed (apart from when they played us and even then they had about 40% possession, a few attacks they took full advantage of and a soft pen) as you'd expect with selling Suarez and the amount of new players they've bought to replace him with.

Much like with us last season its almost as though they pressed the 're-set' button, despite what Rogers smuggly said about having a strategy when people tried to compare them to us.

Hope Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli come good. I will love it if we can shove the whole "spurs wasted £100 million" right down the throat of every single radio and TV pundit who only last year were saying how astute we had been.

He was quieter this weekend but he was playing on the right as opposed to the centre. I know the three of them (Lamela, Chadli and Eriksen) rotate during the game, but it's no suprise that his quietest game for us so far came in a game where he was pushed wide. It's no coincidence that Eriksen happened to look closer to the player we worshipped last season with a return to a more familiar role.

yeah dont agree with the eriksen thing.

his best performances last season was when he started out on the left

a free role in the sunderland game gave him similar benefits of being unmarked

and lamela wasnt quiet either i dont think..at least not IMO

Thought he was a bit inconsistent against Sunderland, particularly in the first half things didn't seem to quite work out for him. Although he looked like the attacking player most likely to make something happen.

Great news is that he keeps trying and like you say keeps pressing. Looks confident beyond what he's actually produced in terms of assists and goals, he just knows (like you and me) that he's ****ing class and it will show in time.

Utterly unsurprised that he's dealing with the physicality.

cheers but i think you might have me confused for someone else, i didnt know that he was ****ing class and i very much think that last year he had a confidence issue which seems to be dissipating faster the Flash on speed.

To be honest i was all but happy with the idea that he would be a good technical first team player........the sunderland game and him riding challenges and demanding the ball changes a lot for me...i'm not on the bandwagon yet but i'm starting to appreciate that he isnt just another talented player

it has to be this season IMO though..he has to break out this year.....or at least make significant strides to blossoming

I completely agree with the person who said he looks much more dangerous on the break. He is skinning people when we are breaking but does look lost when he is faced with two banks of four. I've noticed he is great at using his body to confuse people though. When he beats people it is by using a lot of skill and intelligence.

I completely agree with the person who said he looks much more dangerous on the break. He is skinning people when we are breaking but does look lost when he is faced with two banks of four. I've noticed he is great at using his body to confuse people though. When he beats people it is by using a lot of skill and intelligence.

Isn't that true for just about every attacking player in the world? Quite simply there's more space when counter attacking so it's easier...

Isn't that true for just about every attacking player in the world? Quite simply there's more space when counter attacking so it's easier...

Yeah, I guess that's true but I would say with Lamela it is more noticeable. Maybe because he does that weird thing where he dribbles straight at three or four players whilst someone like Lennon lays the ball off every time.

@BenMcAleer1: Only Eden Hazard has completed more successful dribbles in the Premier League this season than @Coco_Lamela (12) (via @WhoScored) #THFC

Hopefully the goals start flowing for Erik soon too...

not lost but lacks options. ade does a lot of running but you don't see him making little darts in front of and behind the defensive line to signal for the ball. chadli seems to be picking up on that and dropping in where ade should be, but its really hard if ade just stands there and crowds out the box.

not lost but lacks options. ade does a lot of running but you don't see him making little darts in front of and behind the defensive line to signal for the ball. chadli seems to be picking up on that and dropping in where ade should be, but its really hard if ade just stands there and crowds out the box.

Every team lacks options against a well organised 'banks of four' defence. That's why teams set up in that way. Even the likes of Hazard and Mata look a bit lost sometimes when faced with a crowded defence. THat's why the break is when most goals are created and scored.

Every team lacks options against a well organised 'banks of four' defence. That's why teams set up in that way. Even the likes of Hazard and Mata look a bit lost sometimes when faced with a crowded defence. THat's why the break is when most goals are created and scored.

But the likes of Hazard, Messi et al can all beat players one on one when stationary. Thats what Lamela lacks at the moment,he can beat players when already travelling at pace but hasnt shown he has the ball skills to just beat a man one on one like the real top guys. Not knocking the guy by the way, just saying thats the standard he has to aim for eventually....

We'll get this when his confidence is at his highest:

[video=youtube;2CnTkThfRE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CnTkThfRE0[/video]

I think Dembele is on a level with anyone for his skill in doing that.

But the likes of Hazard, Messi et al can all beat players one on one when stationary. Thats what Lamela lacks at the moment,he can beat players when already travelling at pace but hasnt shown he has the ball skills to just beat a man one on one like the real top guys. Not knocking the guy by the way, just saying thats the standard he has to aim for eventually....

Messi can, that's why he's the best in the world. Hazard very rarely does this, from a standing start. Infact, very few players have the ability to beat a player from a standing start and get past them as the defender isn't on the back foot, back peddling and the forward doesn't have any kind of momentum to quickly shift direction of travel.

Hazard very rarely beats a player from a standing start gainst a packed rank of defenders form what i've seen, he'll mostly play the ball across or look for a 1-2.

Messi is held up as different from everyone else precisely because he is able to accelerate from almost standstill to his top speed and keep control of the ball almost instantly.

Messi can, that's why he's the best in the world. Hazard very rarely does this, from a standing start. Infact, very few players have the ability to beat a player from a standing start and get past them as the defender isn't on the back foot, back peddling and the forward doesn't have any kind of momentum to quickly shift direction of travel.

Hazard very rarely beats a player from a standing start gainst a packed rank of defenders form what i've seen, he'll mostly play the ball across or look for a 1-2.

Messi is held up as different from everyone else precisely because he is able to accelerate from almost standstill to his top speed and keep control of the ball almost instantly.

I've seen Hazard do this a fair few times, but fair enough. To be honest Im not just talking about literally stationary but just actually possessing the sort of skills to beat a man one on one - from what Ive seen Lamela has close control etc and can go past defenders who are diving in but doesnt have the skills in his locker to beat a locker with pure skill (from what Ive seen so far), there are others beyond Messi who can do this.

That being said I am very appreciative of what he can offer, like his technical ability and his potential does excite me so dont want to look like Im being overly critical....

Back