• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Hmm Holtby is a funny one. He does look for the forward pass, but except for some instances of good link up play with Defoe he hasnt really done it for me....

Would have to agree with this. He's not of the quality required in terms of his actual passing ability for me.

That's thanks to our wise idea to let Holtby go...makes less and less sense.

Despite his decent creativity on the ball I think Holtby was probably let go because he seems to have zero positional sense. Have you ever watched an under 10s football match where they all charge around after the ball?

Despite his decent creativity on the ball I think Holtby was probably let go because he seems to have zero positional sense. Have you ever watched an under 10s football match where they all charge around after the ball?

this is true but he seems the only one who is able to increase our tempo when he comes on. that mindless charging around seems to lend a sense of urgency..

Indeed Holtby has no positional sense and blows hot and cold, putting in 100% of his effort for 60 minutes and then having nothing left.

Strange thing is, I remember on his debut everyone sat up in excitement because he actually played first time passes. We hadn't seen those sorts of miracles for a year or two, a FIRST TIME PASS we all cried!!!

It was mega. Just shows how crap we were back then. Dull as dishwater, some might say turgid.

Getting back to Lamela, he still looks seriously good to me, the way he moves, his control, keeps his head up, strong enough (not a pansy), works hard... I still think he will be amazing for someone at some point, just hope it is us.

There is only one player in our team who seems capable of releasing the ball quickly and forward - Bentaleb....

i'd rate eriksen and lamela ahead of bentaleb for forward passes. bentaleb is good is quick passes but often leaves the recipient still with too much work to do.

i think the problem with AVB and Poch is that when we play the high line, we inadvertently squeeze out space for lamela and eriksen to do their magic i.e. the defenders are too close to them to begin with.

lamela's dribbling is getting better all the time, and he is much stronger compared to last year. I'm expecting him to breakfree on a solo scoring run anytime soon.

i'd rate eriksen and lamela ahead of bentaleb for forward passes. bentaleb is good is quick passes but often leaves the recipient still with too much work to do.

i think the problem with AVB and Poch is that when we play the high line, we inadvertently squeeze out space for lamela and eriksen to do their magic i.e. the defenders are too close to them to begin with.

lamela's dribbling is getting better all the time, and he is much stronger compared to last year. I'm expecting him to breakfree on a solo scoring run anytime soon.

I was referring to midfield players who can get it forward quickly to our front line ie Ade, Eriksen,Lamela and Chadli. But do agree with all you say....

It was a very good through ball. Why do some players do that look in the other direction pass? The movement of the head is so quick it's not like they're fooling anyone into thinking they are looking to go in that direction. Seems a bit pointless to me...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

It was a very good through ball. Why do some players do that look in the other direction pass? The movement of the head is so quick it's not like they're fooling anyone into thinking they are looking to go in that direction. Seems a bit pointless to me...

You can tell alot by the eyes even in a quick move. I dont think its pointless. The opposition or player in front of him would expect him to make the pass in the direction he is looking.

Having watched it again - when he looks the other way, the last Forest man moves forward. Yeah it may have been him trying to play the off-side trap too but nevertheless, twas nice :D

For me the problem for Lamella is that as soon as he receives the ball all our players stop. No one runs beyond him to drag defenders out the way or to give him an angle to play a pass for a runner. This means he has to beat 3 or 4 of the opposition to advance 15 yards and be the most advanced player. Play him and Soldado and I think you would see a lot more goals like Harry's last night.

Lamela badly needs a goal to boost his confidence and luck this season. He has done well to assist 5 goals so far this season. But he needs goals to have a good season.

That's 15 Premier League games without a goal for Erik now, hopefully his barren run doesn't go on for as long as Bale' winless streak when he first signed for Spurs... although perhaps it's a good omen and great things will come to he who waits...

For me the problem for Lamella is that as soon as he receives the ball all our players stop. No one runs beyond him to drag defenders out the way or to give him an angle to play a pass for a runner. This means he has to beat 3 or 4 of the opposition to advance 15 yards and be the most advanced player. Play him and Soldado and I think you would see a lot more goals like Harry's last night.

yeah this is it. ade is the main culprit as the defenders will have their sights locked on him, so he could easily create space for himself or lamela if he wanted.

yet skillful eriksen though should be striking up an effective partnership with lamela but isn't.

perhaps once the midfield pair is settled then our play can be more systematic.

Back