• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

You don't think playing under one of the most successful managers of all time will have significantly more pull than playing under a manager who hasn't won anything of significance?

Also don't forget there's no telling what will happen with Manu without Ferguson. They'll still be a top team, of course, but there is no telling how they will react to the transition to a new and (at that level) unproven manager. I would think footballers also consider that side of things.

He's off to real. After a disastrous season, there's only one way Florentino Perez does things, and that's by signing big name players.

You don't think playing under one of the most successful managers of all time will have significantly more pull than playing under a manager who hasn't won anything of significance?

That isn't what I said at all.

I said that obviously Ferguson has an effect. He's the greatest manager ever. But Man Utd are still Man utd.

People seem to think that Man Utd's ability to acquire great players will now be basically nil. That if they came in for a player like Bale now, Bale would simply laugh them off because a manager like Moyes is beneath him.

They're still Man utd. They could hire Didier Zokora and still be able to attract most players they wanted.

That isn't what I said at all.

I said that obviously Ferguson has an effect. He's the greatest manager ever. But Man Utd are still Man utd.

People seem to think that Man Utd's ability to acquire great players will now be basically nil. That if they came in for a player like Bale now, Bale would simply laugh them off because a manager like Moyes is beneath him.

They're still Man utd. They could hire Didier Zokora and still be able to attract most players they wanted.

I think SAF takes the Manure attraction appeal to new heights; a bit like SAF takes their slightly above average squad players to new heights. If Manure don't sign a midefield maestro and/or a dogged defensive midfilelder next year they'll be shown up big time next year

No, their build-up play is better. Baines, Pienaar, Osman, Mirallas and Fellaini are all technically gifted footballers. Us on the otherhand have no plan, we just run as fast as we can down the wing and when that doesn't work we just give it to Bale.

No, their build-up play is better. Baines, Pienaar, Osman, Mirallas and Fellaini are all technically gifted footballers. Us on the otherhand have no plan, we just run as fast as we can down the wing and when that doesn't work we just give it to Bale.

Hmmm...i must say they are better to watch than they traditionally have been. But their manager is till too negative tactically as the game wears on.

However, can somebody else argue for against the bolded quote. Ta

More importantly, fergie was the REASON some players wanted to go to man u.
Moyes wont be the same.

If bale went to man u with fergie that would cement his long term world classness as fergie would ensure it.

You can't be sure the same will happen with Moyes. So moving to man u under Moyes is far less attractive than under fergie.

Hmmm...i must say they are better to watch than they traditionally have been. But their manager is till too negative tactically as the game wears on.

However, can somebody else argue for against the bolded quote. Ta

Look at how many shots we take from outside the box, more than any other team in Europe I would imagine. It's because we have no idea how to break through a defence and create worthwhile goalscoring opportunities. 35 attempts on goal today, how many were really that threatening? It was only really down to the law of averages that we finally scored one of them.

More importantly, fergie was the REASON some players wanted to go to man u.
Moyes wont be the same.

If bale went to man u with fergie that would cement his long term world classness as fergie would ensure it.

You can't be sure the same will happen with Moyes. So moving to man u under Moyes is far less attractive than under fergie.

Again, nobody is suggesting otherwise?

What I am saying is that Man Utd under Moyes still have the clout to be far more attractive than the overwhelming majority of other clubs. I think Bale will stay one more season anyway but it has nothing to do with Moyes now being in charge.

He'd still be playing for one of the largest clubs in the world. He'd still be competing for trophies. He'd still be playing with the player that was likely his idol growing up. And he's still be earning a huge wage.

Again:

Man Utd with Ferguson >attractive than just about every other club

Man Utd with Moyes> Still more attractive than the overwhelming majority of clubs.

If he does sign a new contract, I suppose that means he'll be staying this summer right ?

Or is there a chance he might sign a contract and leave soon after that?

Look at how many shots we take from outside the box, more than any other team in Europe I would imagine. It's because we have no idea how to break through a defence and create worthwhile goalscoring opportunities. 35 attempts on goal today, how many were really that threatening? It was only really down to the law of averages that we finally scored one of them.

That may be true; But do you think Everton create more chance INSIDE the box? Remember people probably camp in their half against us more than against Everton. I would agree this is Everton's most pleasing-on-the-eye side that Moyes has had. But more creative than us overall? Still to be convinced but i'm open to being convinced.

And happy for anyone to use our home game against them as an example if needed

Not getting in champs league is not the deal breaker imo. Arse have for last 16 years and still lost their best players. Also Liverpool look like they will keep Suarez despite not even being in Europe. More important to show we are a club going places. Hope fully we can strengthen one or 2 areas to show bale we need business.

Not getting in champs league is not the deal breaker imo. Arse have for last 16 years and still lost their best players. Also Liverpool look like they will keep Suarez despite not even being in Europe. More important to show we are a club going places. Hope fully we can strengthen one or 2 areas to show bale we need business.

Yes. And I hope we do this quickly. I'm sure there are many players who'd want to play alongside players like Bale and Lennon. If/when they come a rollerball effect could start

Back