• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Yes. And I hope we do this quickly. I'm sure there are many players who'd want to play alongside players like Bale and Lennon. If/when they come a rollerball effect could start

Im sure most top footballers dream of playing with Lennon :lol:

That was one of the best read of the year, cheers mate :)

BALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The best player we have ever had in the modern era. Possibly ever.

Im sure most top footballers dream of playing with Lennon :lol:

That was one of the best read of the year, cheers mate :)

Whats your gripe with Lennon?

Do you go watch the games? im not one of the 'you dont go to games so you have no right in saying brick' phalanx - but at games you see a lot more than you do on TV.

This is why I dislike reaing forums by know it alls who dont go to games and sit there but dont se the game as a whole. There is a brickload more that happens that you dont see on tv.

Lennon could have a broken leg, drinking a cup of tea in the corner yet he will still have one if not two players on him - which means players will be available in more room. Players and opposition fear Lennon which means they cant afford to let him go which means players like Bale will be marked less tightly.

Yes you can argue having someone of higher quality will leave us in the same position but dout we have 20m to spend on someone BETTER than Lennon and doubt it is a priority.

Whats your gripe with Lennon?

Do you go watch the games? im not one of the 'you dont go to games so you have no right in saying brick' phalanx - but at games you see a lot more than you do on TV.

This is why I dislike reaing forums by know it alls who dont go to games and sit there but dont se the game as a whole. There is a brickload more that happens that you dont see on tv.

Lennon could have a broken leg, drinking a cup of tea in the corner yet he will still have one if not two players on him - which means players will be available in more room. Players and opposition fear Lennon which means they cant afford to let him go which means players like Bale will be marked less tightly.

Yes you can argue having someone of higher quality will leave us in the same position but dout we have 20m to spend on someone BETTER than Lennon and doubt it is a priority.

hmmmm, the opposition prioritises marking Lennon rather than Bale???? :eek::-k

im with Charlie on this, Lennon can stay as a squad player but id like us to find a better alternative, and for less than 20 mill. Im sure scouts like Pleaty can do it:)

I agree with DHSF.

Obviously watching on TV you don't see Lennon all the time, camera is obviously focused on the ball, but Lennon is always moving, dragging players away, creating space (for Walker a lot of the time), bringing others into it, I mean you only have to look at his movement against Chelsea for Adebayors goal appreciate what he does. AVB obviously likes him too which is why he continues to play him.

Then again, because he doesn't get 10 goals a season, he's brick apparently because heaven forbid a wide man isn't allowed to get under that or he's rubbish and doesn't contribute anything.

I agree with DHSF.

Obviously watching on TV you don't see Lennon all the time, camera is obviously focused on the ball, but Lennon is always moving, dragging players away, creating space (for Walker a lot of the time), bringing others into it, I mean you only have to look at his movement against Chelsea for Adebayors goal appreciate what he does. AVB obviously likes him too which is why he continues to play him.

Then again, because he doesn't get 10 goals a season, he's brick apparently because heaven forbid a wide man isn't allowed to get under that or he's rubbish and doesn't contribute anything.

no-one is saying he is brick, just that maybe there is someone else that could offer us something else. If anything, maybe some genuine competition for his place may raise his game up a notch too

hmmmm, the opposition prioritises marking Lennon rather than Bale???? :eek::-k

im with Charlie on this, Lennon can stay as a squad player but id like us to find a better alternative, and for less than 20 mill. Im sure scouts like Pleaty can do it:)

Did I say 'prioritise'? Nope. One works with the other - if you don't have Lennon, the opposition will just totally man mark the brick out of Bale. Simple.

Lennon was good today, Lennon will not score the goals Bale scores (not many can) so for Lennon to be effective he needs good quality strikers - we do not have that.

no-one is saying he is brick, just that maybe there is someone else that could offer us something else. If anything, maybe some genuine competition for his place may raise his game up a notch too

Of course, perhaps someone like (a 2011/12-style) Junior Hoilett. However, notice how we really drop a level when Lennon is not there. Just that AVB shows a better ability to mitgate it than Harry did

Yeh and I think someone like Remy could be that person - in addition to a top quality striker. That's only because Remy is essentially a goalscorer.

Lennon has NEVER been a scorer, so for him to be effective ie create goals and chances he needs a striker up top with good movement.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ntract-to-stay-at-spurs--for-now-8623742.html

Would be incredible news if true. Would shut up most of the papers for the summer and means we would be able to go about our business without the prospect of Bale leaving looming over our heads.

'But he can leave for £50m next summer'

'It is believed, though, that the Welshman is likely to be allowed to leave in 12 months’ time should an enormous bid — in excess of £50million — come in for him.'

They fail to be consistent in the article. It's a joke really, very poor Journalism.

where are they getting the "will be allowed to leave" stuff from?

simple case of not being happy that Spurs have managed to get him to sign a new contract?

The look in Bale's eyes yesterday was the same as in Berbatov's eyes when he scored 4 goals against Reading in his last season to me. It was like, part 'I am fudging awesome at what I do' but also part frustration that it probably would amount to nothing ultimately in terms of our objectives.

I think we will get one more year out of Bale, then he's gone.

I think Bale realizes he still has lot of improving to do and knows he can do that at Spurs. He's in no rush.

Only thing I don't like about that Standard story is that I don't think £50M is enough for him next summer.

If we get a full year out of him with the team built around him and him reaching say 40 goals, which he is capable of doing, I would expect at least 60.

Yep, I agree we'll get one more season out of him, which I wouldn't be distraught about.

As long as we keep him this summer and shut the rumours up about it early (and hopefully do our business early), I'll be happy.

I think Bale realizes he still has lot of improving to do and knows he can do that at Spurs. He's in no rush.

Agree with this as well. He's obviosuly been exceptional but he won't necessarily get the same freedom or support from a bigger club just yet. He's still got time on his side, to develop his game and continue scoring goals and assisting.

I agree, i doubt he'll leave this summer, it's just a bit of a shame we are unlikely to see him in a Spurs shirt again in the Champions League. Having Bale in this type of form against some of the European giants would have been something pretty special to have witnessed. Oh well.

Back