• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton N'Jie

The problem with that approach is that I don't think you would get first, second, third or fourth choice in some cases, especially when you are looking for players to improve the squad. I don't think placing deadlines works for clubs who don't really want to sell their players. We didn't want to sell Bale to Real Madrid. Did we accept their first bid? No, we dragged it out and got every single penny that we could from RM. Same with Modric, same with Berbatov and same with Carrick.

Clubs, agents and players shift the goal posts all the time in transfers. Other clubs play silly buggers. i.e. telling players "we're interested in you and will bid. We just need to get rid of some dross first, or we just want to make your club sweat". It's just not simple to go in and just say "here's £20m. Give us Martial."

Levy, Baldini, Mitchell and Poch all know that it would be better to get players earlier and I'm sure they have worked hard to try and get that. If it doesn't' happen, I'm sure it is not for the lack of trying and either because the price being quoted is too high, the club are waiting for a higher offer or the player is waiting for another club. If we take VdV as an example, we would never have signed him under your approach as they didn't want to sell him earlier in the window. If we take Lloris as an example, we would have paid up to £5m more to get him a couple of weeks earlier than we did. That could have been the difference between signing another player in another position that we needed.

Football transfers are a game of poker unless you've got enough chips to **** the other players up. Calling their bluff could work out really well but could also mean game over very quickly!
Bale vdv exceptions to rule I think .. We have lloris Kane next on the big transfer fees out so we can afford to drag it out ..I'm not talking about buying top players off our main rivals here and Like I said before if we can't get deals over the line early for a west brom player , a Monaco player or Lyon player where the French always sell then we are in trouble IMO .. Yes they might want to drag and wAit for a Chelsea or city to bid silly money but surely we can flex some muscle here and convince player to make move before all that

Bale vdv exceptions to rule I think .. We have lloris Kane next on the big transfer fees out so we can afford to drag it out ..I'm not talking about buying top players off our main rivals here and Like I said before if we can't get deals over the line early for a west brom player , a Monaco player or Lyon player where the French always sell then we are in trouble IMO .. Yes they might want to drag and wAit for a Chel53a or city to bid silly money but surely we can flex some muscle here and convince player to make move before all that

If you were a young French player, what would it take you to sign for Spurs early in the window when you agent has told you that bigger clubs are also interested and may come in with a bid?

If you were the chairman of that player's club, what would it take for you to sell that player early in the window when you think that there is a possibility of getting a bigger bid later?

Bale vdv exceptions to rule I think .. We have lloris Kane next on the big transfer fees out so we can afford to drag it out ..I'm not talking about buying top players off our main rivals here and Like I said before if we can't get deals over the line early for a west brom player , a Monaco player or Lyon player where the French always sell then we are in trouble IMO .. Yes they might want to drag and wAit for a Chel53a or city to bid silly money but surely we can flex some muscle here and convince player to make move before all that

I don't think we have muscle to flex. Not many up and coming youngsters from the continent nowadays think "It's been my dream to play for Spurs".

If you were a young French player, what would it take you to sign for Spurs early in the window when you agent has told you that bigger clubs were also interested and may come in with a bid?

If you were the chairman of that player's club, what would it take for you to sell that player early in the window when you think that there is a possibility of getting a bigger bid later?
I'd sack my agent for a start .. lol !! I have no idea how clubs Comes to valuation first of all but the general consensus was martial was 25 m€ or 20m€ .. Clubs will always ask for more anyway no matter how good or bad he is .. I have also no doubt clubs have players in mind a long time before May comes so if we liked martial then a bid should have gone in real early to open monacos mind thAt we meAn business and use that as s starting point .. Same time we wud know lads wages do offering him treble or more then I'm sure it wud tempt any lad ..but that's outside my pay grade in how to attract and sign players to make a difference

I'd sack my agent for a start .. lol !! I have no idea how clubs Comes to valuation first of all but the general consensus was martial was 25 m€ or 20m€ .. Clubs will always ask for more anyway no matter how good or bad he is .. I have also no doubt clubs have players in mind a long time before May comes so if we liked martial then a bid should have gone in real early to open monacos mind thAt we meAn business and use that as s starting point .. Same time we wud know lads wages do offering him treble or more then I'm sure it wud tempt any lad ..

Ha! I think the difficulty is that there are no guides as to what the price should be. A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay. If you were applying for jobs at 5 places, would you take the first offer or wait and see what the others had to offer?

I don't think we have muscle to flex. Not many up and coming youngsters from the continent nowadays think "It's been my dream to play for Spurs".
Well it's the league with the most money so I think it boils down to that in 90% of cases .. If u get right characters and personalities then it makes it easier obviously

Well it's the league with the most money so I think it boils down to that in 90% of cases .. If u get right characters and personalities then it makes it easier obviously

It is, but unfortunately we're not at the top of that pile in terms of the wages that we pay or the revenue that we generate.

Ha! I think the difficulty is that there are no guides as to what the price should be. A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay. If you were applying for jobs at 5 places, would you take the first offer or wait and see what the others had to offer?
With any transfer I think every other clubs know who has bid for who so if we came in with bid acceptable to Monaco then it wud be up to other clubs to make their move otherwise we get the player .. And like I said if martial or agent wants to drag it out then obv get into agent and tell them straight .. After all plenty of more fish in sea and if they no interest in commuting then move on !! Show some commitment and self belief in market is what im saying .. Football is different to your average job adverts .. A bid for ur players goes in . Club talk and either accept or reject .. Once accepted u are free to talk to player and agree wages contract etc .. At this point it wud be fair to assume if player no real interest his agent wud be telling team a b c d e here that they better get move on or they might lose him ?? Eg Willian ..That's fair enough but if player is dragging it then move on if he shows no commitment or desire to sign and is waiting for better offer . Would not take genius to know this either . Have we done any of this with targets ? I don't think so cos levy is low balling clubs not even agreed fees

With any transfer I think every other clubs know who has bid for who so if we came in with bid acceptable to Monaco then it wud be up to other clubs to make their move otherwise we get the player .. And like I said if martial or agent wants to drag it out then obv get into agent and tell them straight .. After all plenty of more fish in sea and if they no interest in commuting then move on !! Show some commitment and self belief in market is what im saying .. Football is different to your average job adverts .. A bid for ur players goes in . Club talk and either accept or reject .. Once accepted u are free to talk to player and agree wages contract etc .. At this point it wud be fair to assume if player no real interest his agent wud be telling team a b c d e here that they better get move in our they might lose him ?? That's fair enough but if player is dragging it then move on if he shows no commitment .. Have we done any of this with targets ? I don't think so cos levy is low balling clubs

But there's no evidence to suggest that Levy is low balling clubs. No club has come out and said "We've rejected a derisory bid from Tottenham".
Sticking with the analogies. Let's say your house is worth £500k, it's in a good location and there are plenty of buyers. You know there are 5 people interested in it. First person has come in and bid £495k take it or leave it, 48 hours to decide. You also need to buy a replacement and you are thinking of downsizing. You've seen a couple of properties for £400k. There are 4 other people interested, one bugger who drives a Ferrari and you know is just after a buy to let. He's a cash buyer as well.

What do you do?

But there's no evidence to suggest that Levy is low balling clubs. No club has come out and said "We've rejected a derisory bid from Tottenham".
Sticking with the analogies. Let's say your house is worth £500k, it's in a good location and there are plenty of buyers. You know there are 5 people interested in it. First person has come in and bid £495k take it or leave it, 48 hours to decide. You also need to buy a replacement and you are thinking of downsizing. You've seen a couple of properties for £400k. There are 4 other people interested, one bugger who drives a Ferrari and you know is just after a buy to let. He's a cash buyer as well.

What do you do?
They have gnabry from arsenal on loan , they bought lad from Liverpool lambert .. So yeah they prob wud be bidding or have bid for someone else so we have to wait !! How did United sign schnderlein so quick if loads of team keen ? How did arsenal get Cech if other clubs keen ? Every professional player will always have options or clubs to chose from so why sign when they do ? Cos pressure is put on at some point and decisions have to be made !! Our decisions and commitment comes way way too late for my liking .. Aug 31st or sept 1 is great viewing and exciting but I view August 8th ax a potential win and a massive 3 points in a battle for 4th spot and a chance to fudge up United right from start .. If we signed good players early got them settled then I'd be a lot happier . Points over shaving a few quid off for me

I should add.... One of the 5 people interested in your property has told you he will bid £550k but has to wait for an inheritence to come through which will be in 2 weeks time. You've no reason to doubt him. One of the other 5 has got a property empire, and the agent has told you that he always buys for cash and offers 10% extra to get it done quickly. The other ones are a bit like you. All have chains.

They have gnabry from Ar5ena1 on loan , they bought lad from Liverpool lambert .. So yeah they prob wud be bidding or have bid for someone else so we have to wait !! How did United sign schnderlein so quick if loads of team keen ? How did Ar5ena1 get Cech if other clubs keen ? Every professional player will always have options or clubs to chose from so why sign when they do ? Cos pressure is put on at some point and decisions have to be made !! Our decisions and commitment comes way way too late for my liking .. Aug 31st or sept 1 is great viewing and exciting but I view August 8th ax a potential win and a massive 3 points in a battle for 4th spot and a chance to **** up United right from start .. If we signed good players early got them settled then I'd be a lot happier . Points over shaving a few quid off for me

Schneiderlin went to Man United because a) they are in the CL; b) they are paying him a pretty high wage. Southampton accepted the bid because Man United paid their asking price. There are not going to be many clubs that have the resources to outbid Man United. Arsenal got Cech because a) Cech wanted a club in the CL; b) he wanted to stay in London and c) he wanted to stay on the same wage. Arsenal are the only club that fulfill that criteria. Both Man U and Arsenal are a more attractive option than us to the majority of footballers out there. We simply cannot compete with them.

I should add.... One of the 5 people interested in your property has told you he will bid £550k but has to wait for an inheritence to come through which will be in 2 weeks time. You've no reason to doubt him. One of the other 5 has got a property empire, and the agent has told you that he always buys for cash and offers 10% extra to get it done quickly. The other ones are a bit like you. All have chains.

Well rarely this wud be case IMO .. If Spurs bidding for player then only top teams and we know who they are wud tempt player more ... Again at this stage of negotiation u know who are serious bidders and who won't or has no interest .. Put up or shut up .. Either the player wants to sign or he doesn't .. William was having a medical with us and still got a call to join Chelsea and hop across the road but fact was he was actually in process of joining us before we ducked up

Schneiderlin went to Man United because a) they are in the CL; b) they are paying him a pretty high wage. Southampton accepted the bid because Man United paid their asking price. There are not going to be many clubs that have the resources to outbid Man United. Ar5ena1 got Cech because a) Cech wanted a club in the CL; b) he wanted to stay in London and c) he wanted to stay on the same wage. Ar5ena1 are the only club that fulfill that criteria. Both Man U and Ar5ena1 are a more attractive option than us to the majority of footballers out there. We simply cannot compete with them.
United not in cl yet for starters and in other case it's the money isn't it !!!? Your argument is based on clubs bigger than Spurs coming in for player x , my argument is signing a player like berahino who top clubs won't sign or go for yet or a martial and getting them deals done well in advance of last minute . We don't cos we low ball , get used or offer crap wages .. We wud not compete with big boys I don't think for players I mentioned ? Njie Werner berahino ?? So why they not signed ?

Well rarely this wud be case IMO .. If Spurs bidding for player then only top teams and we know who they are wud tempt player more ... Again at this stage of negotiation u know who are serious bidders and who won't or has no interest .. Put up or shut up .. Either the player wants to sign or he doesn't .. William was having a medical with us and still got a call to join Chel53a and hop across the road but fact was he was actually in process of joining us before we ducked up

I'm sorry I don't understand how we messed up with Willian. We stole him from Liverpool and Chelsea stole him from us. Most players would choose Chelsea over us.

I don't think you and I are going to agree on this as neither of us have the full information. No one will categorically be able to say why Werner and Berahino have not signed for us. No one can categorically say that we are interested in them in the first place! I've put forward the reasons why I think Suttgart, Lyon and WBA would not accept an offer from us, and if you don't accept that's fine.

I firmly believe that it is not our behaviour that is delaying the deals and you do. Let's just hope that we do sign the players that we want! ;)

... neither of us have the full information...I firmly believe that it is not our behaviour that is delaying the deals and you do.
tickle my balls with a feather.

Neither of you know what is going on, yet you both have firm beliefs?!

We don't know if Levy is holding back over a measly £2k per week salary difference, or a whopping £50kpw salary difference... so just chill out.

I'm sorry I don't understand how we messed up with Willian. We stole him from Liverpool and Chel53a stole him from us. Most players would choose Chel53a over us.

I don't think you and I are going to agree on this as neither of us have the full information. No one will categorically be able to say why Werner and Berahino have not signed for us. No one can categorically say that we are interested in them in the first place! I've put forward the reasons why I think Suttgart, Lyon and WBA would not accept an offer from us, and if you don't accept that's fine.

I firmly believe that it is not our behaviour that is delaying the deals and you do. Let's just hope that we do sign the players that we want! ;)
I'll just leave it with yeah I believe levy to be my issue .. If not mistaken I believe he admitted in past he made mistakes in transfer market and learned as he went on so maybe he is master at negotiating but I want to get him to that table wAy way way quicker for players and show more self belief and ambition to give us a fighting chance where it really counts for me on the field ... Having a stossy fudge off new stadium and lovely prospering area is one thing but ..as a club waiting till last minute to get deals done is just a no no for me .. Sur he even said it himself when stadium announcement time came about .. Last minute last week stuff he said .. Does he not have any influence at all to change that to help the team ??

tickle my balls with a feather.

Neither of you know what is going on, yet you both have firm beliefs?!

We don't know if Levy is holding back over a measly £2k per week salary difference, or a whopping £50kpw salary difference... so just chill out.

You don't have to know what is going on to have a firm belief. Ask any politician!

If you were a young French player, what would it take you to sign for Spurs early in the window when you agent has told you that bigger clubs are also interested and may come in with a bid?

I think I would point to
Carrick, Berbatov, Modric and Bale as four examples of what CAN happen when you sign for Spurs (given that we haven't yet matured into that with we end up selling to)...Lloris will likely be on that list next summer (2016) unless a miracle occurs.

Back