• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton N'Jie

He is raw and IMO pretty brick based on one game I saw him - of course that is enough for me to cast judgement......

If he is our striker then what an utter let down this transfer window has been - waiting this long to sign a raw unproven so so player - really hope this isn't true. It will still be a case of Kane carrying the side at this rate.

He is raw and IMO pretty **** based on one game I saw him - of course that is enough for me to cast judgement......

If he is our striker then what an utter let down this transfer window has been - waiting this long to sign a raw unproven so so player - really hope this isn't true. It will still be a case of Kane carrying the side at this rate.

I thought he was a wide option, possible RWF who could play down the middle if required?

He is raw and IMO pretty **** based on one game I saw him - of course that is enough for me to cast judgement......

At first I thought this post was an attempt at irony but reading it in full it seems you're actually serious and are writing a signing off based on one game... ffs couldn't make it up

At first I thought this post was an attempt at irony but reading it in full it seems you're actually serious and are writing a signing off based on one game... ffs couldn't make it up
I read the first bit as tongue in cheek.
Obviously you don't need to see a whole match. A youtube clip is sufficient.

Of course its sarcastic you mentalist

The point remains that if he is who we have been waiting for then its a disgrace. He has a so so record, looked a real poor player when I saw him (as much about how he did things as opposed to performance) and if Levy wanted to fudge our the start of our season in order to shave a million of this guy then that is a bridge too far for me.

If we are going to risk being in trouble come Sept through inadequate transfer dealings, then I would expect a lot more ambition than trying to coax another unknown from the French league. Maybe he'll turn out to be good, but the fact someone like this can't be done early says it all. To me this link suggests we are down to 3rd/4th choice players now and we have fudged it again

Of course its sarcastic you mentalist

The point remains that if he is who we have been waiting for then its a disgrace. He has a so so record, looked a real poor player when I saw him (as much about how he did things as opposed to performance) and if Levy wanted to **** our the start of our season in order to shave a million of this guy then that is a bridge too far for me.

If we are going to risk being in trouble come Sept through inadequate transfer dealings, then I would expect a lot more ambition than trying to coax another unknown from the French league. Maybe he'll turn out to be good, but the fact someone like this can't be done early says it all. To me this link suggests we are down to 3rd/4th choice players now and we have ****ed it again

The fact that he's coming in late could mean we've failed with other targets. Other clubs refusing to sell or players not wanting to join is obviously Levy's fault.

The fact that he's coming in late could mean we've failed with other targets. Other clubs refusing to sell or players not wanting to join is obviously Levy's fault.

But other clubs can do it. Villa can go out and spend 30m on 2 players yet we can't.

We value and Lennon and Berahino at similar prices apparently? In today's market 20m for Berhaino is a good deal and I am sure he could be prized away - fact is it seems this 15m cap on players could actually be true - if so then its comical

But other clubs can do it. Villa can go out and spend 30m on 2 players yet we can't.

We value and Lennon and Berahino at similar prices apparently? In today's market 20m for Berhaino is a good deal and I am sure he could be prized away - fact is it seems this 15m cap on players could actually be true - if so then its comical

We could easily go out and spend 30m on two players as well. No big deal if Poch doesn't want them and they'll be left on the bench.

Of course it is, its tinkling down here and that is Levy's fault as well. ;)

In what way is Villa's transfer activity relevant? As far as I'm aware, they aren't trying to sign the same players as us.

Why get in a lather about press rumours? The real "fact" is that none of us know what Spurs are demanding for Lennon (or what we will accept for him). Nor do we know what Spurs are offering, if anything, for Berahino (or what we will pay for him).

I seriously doubt that. Levy does drive a hard bargain but 15mil for Lennon seems way off.

I don't know anything about this Njie guy, but the fact that I have no idea how his name is pronounced is enough for me to say "pass."

Seriously though, here are our current forward position players:

Lamela, Chadli, Kane, Eriksen, Pritchard, Townsend, Kane, Dembele

That's 7 players for 4 positions and all are pretty solid options with exception of Townsend and Lamela for whom the jury's still out. Add in just Berahino and we have 8 for 4. I do think we need one more, but we should be good to go for the first 10-12 games. So I think we can wait a bit to get a quality signing in and not jump the gun again with some "unknown quantity" of a player, just to make up the numbers.

I don't know anything about this Njie guy, but the fact that I have no idea how his name is pronounced is enough for me to say "pass."

Seriously though, here are our current forward position players:

Lamela, Chadli, Kane, Eriksen, Pritchard, Townsend, Kane, Dembele

That's 7 players for 4 positions and all are pretty solid options with exception of Townsend and Lamela for whom the jury's still out. Add in just Berahino and we have 8 for 4. I do think we need one more, but we should be good to go for the first 10-12 games. So I think we can wait a bit to get a quality signing in and not jump the gun again with some "unknown quantity" of a player, just to make up the numbers.

The problem with that is that Lamlea and Townsend have not been good enough and Lamela looks like it will be a similar story this year. By not good enough I mean awful. Dembele is pretty hit and miss and Eriksen goes through periods where he is in and out of form. I like Chadli but he does not impact games enough.

Also there is little to no genuine pace there and we offer very little threat in behind. All forwards behind the striker struggle to take people on and they dont stretch defences or make runs beyond the ball. Therefore we rely on people hitting goals from 20 yards out as we lack any real threat and most of our play is in front of defences.

A number 9 and a forward are desperately needed.

In an ideal world we would get rid of Ade, Bob and Lamela and sign Berhaino and Werner - obviously this wish list will never happen.

I think LCLC has a point in that Villa have already gone into the French market and snapped up 4 highly rated players, so if we do get Njie then why have we taken so long. We have been linked all summer and its not like he is any worse than other names we have been linked with. Like i said yesterday, our A, B and C targets are pretty much similar is ability so it really is a case of eeny, meeny, miny, moe;)

I think LCLC has a point in that Villa have already gone into the French market and snapped up 4 highly rated players, so if we do get Njie then why have we taken so long. We have been linked all summer and its not like he is any worse than other names we have been linked with. Like i said yesterday, our A, B and C targets are pretty much similar is ability so it really is a case of eeny, meeny, miny, moe;)

We don't know who our targets are or were or how far down our list N'jie is.

If we had wanted any of the players that Villa signed, I have no doubt that we would have won that battle. Do you? Really?

Back