• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton N'Jie

According to L'equipe today, Aulas (Lyon's Chairman) said that they are focusing on incoming transfers right now, and will deal with sales at the end of the window. Unfortunately, it appears that Lacazette has injured his back in their opener today, where they didn't score and drew a game they should've won against Lorient. Lyon brought in Claudio Beauvue this summer (we were also linked to him), but they don't have much striker cover that's proven beyond him. If Lacazette's injury is remotely limiting, I think this transfer will be far more difficult than before. Even before today, I was skeptical about this deal given Aulas' issues with Levy over the Lloris negotiations years ago.

According to L'equipe today, Aulas (Lyon's Chairman) said that they are focusing on incoming transfers right now, and will deal with sales at the end of the window. Unfortunately, it appears that Lacazette has injured his back in their opener today, where they didn't score and drew a game they should've won against Lorient. Lyon brought in Claudio Beauvue this summer (we were also linked to him), but they don't have much striker cover that's proven beyond him. If Lacazette's injury is remotely limiting, I think this transfer will be far more difficult than before. Even before today, I was skeptical about this deal given Aulas' issues with Levy over the Lloris negotiations years ago.
So any idea why he wasn't in the squad? If they're not planning on selling for another 3 weeks, why not play him?

So any idea why he wasn't in the squad? If they're not planning on selling for another 3 weeks, why not play him?

He picked up some kind of muscle injury before their cup match against PSG last week, and according to a website for Lyon supporters, only returned to training last Friday.

He'll be missing for a month or so come January for the ACN too.

Stick with a pursuit of Bera and Werner please Levy.

I don't think a player missing one month of football every two seasons is a valid reason not to sign him. Does that mean you would'nt have signed the likes of Toure, Eto'o and Drogba either?

I don't think a player missing one month of football every two seasons is a valid reason not to sign him. Does that mean you would'nt have signed the likes of Toure, Eto'o and Drogba either?

Of course I would. It was more just an additional reason as to why i'd prefer to us sign Berahino.
I that I don't feel we have a squad good enough to cover the loss of any of our players at the mo. Ok, so Chadli would most likely come in if it were his place taken by N'Jie, but he always seems to play better when he's had a good run in the side. Perhaps more of a confidence player as it were?

I read somewhere this morning that Lacazette picked up an injury in Lyon's game last night...so N'Jie might be even less likely to leave now...

Of course I would. It was more just an additional reason as to why i'd prefer to us sign Berahino.
I that I don't feel we have a squad good enough to cover the loss of any of our players at the mo. Ok, so Chadli would most likely come in if it were his place taken by N'Jie, but he always seems to play better when he's had a good run in the side. Perhaps more of a confidence player as it were?

Ah yeah, in that case I'd prefer Berahino too. I think most are hoping it's not a case of either/or though.

If there were equivalent players who wouldn't be doing so available I'd sign them instead.

His goal scoring record is abit brick for a striker isn't it? I have never heard of him, is he any good!

Back