• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton N'Jie

I am not trying to be narky here but how do you think we should approach a transfer window? What do you think that we should do if a target or their club is waiting to see if any other clubs come in? What balance should we strike between bringing in players and moving on ones that we do not want? Given that 90% of all clubs transfer business is done in the last few days of the window, how fair is it to be complaining about our dealings when there is three weeks to go?

Do you think of we purchased players early then they would stand a better chance of gelling and understanding each other? it may not be the only factor but surely that has to take presidency

Do you think of we purchased players early then they would stand a better chance of gelling and understanding each other? it may not be the only factor but surely that has to take presidency

Depends if you want to moan about the manager not getting who he wants or not getting them early.

Why wait till two days before start of season is my argument !!! If these were targets like manager said said they had back in June or may even why wait ?? These players are not top top players with huge huge restating so very gettable and in relative terms not that expensive so how come they not in ?? It's all about the money with Spurs ... And it was always akwAys be last minute with levy in charge ..

This guy was not our first choice though, he's probably second choice (Martial was the first choice), but when we were first interested earlier in the window Lyon pretty much said he wasn't for sale. It's only been this last week that their tune has changed and from what we have heard, the Lyon chairman is resigned to losing one of two players in order to get some cash in the coffers.

Quite possibly but to secure players early you are likely to have to play higher transfer fees and wages. If we needed six players this window do you think it would have been a better idea to spend the budget on five to get the deals done early?

I am not trying to be narky here but how do you think we should approach a transfer window? What do you think that we should do if a target or their club is waiting to see if any other clubs come in? What balance should we strike between bringing in players and moving on ones that we do not want? Given that 90% of all clubs transfer business is done in the last few days of the window, how fair is it to be complaining about our dealings when there is three weeks to go?
My argument all along has been .. Right sit down and identify for example player like martial who I believe was our main target I think .. It's been quoted they wanted 25€ ??? Bid it get deal done .. Striker position sorted ... And a transfer very doable early cos manaco not huge team and French teams always sell ... Even if it 20€ then at least you have room to negotiate between these 2 figures ..we always goin to sell Soldado IMO this summer so that covers half the fee and Adebayor saves up huge money on wages for all 3 or 4 players bought

Berahino again a player always on market from team who will cave to a top 5 team . They want 20 ? Bid 15 and go aggressive early demanding answer .. If west brom want to arse around n wait till August for Emirates Marketing Project to sort their brick out , fine tell the player listen bud our ship is sailing here u want on or not ?? .. If player truly wants to come he will do what it takes ... And if not move on to next target

Centre midfield .. Again first target was schnderlein very obvious .. Lots of manoeuvring going on and all we did was arse around hoping United wud go elsewhere and arsenal not cough money allowing us to pounce .. It didn't happen and again our own fault .. This player wanted to leave for year and half and we still couldn't get a deal .. Champions league is a bonus but not a deal breAker , money is !! We sold holtby Paulinho capoue and stamboli and were always selling this lot in siniliar position to this lad .. Attitude should have been right get all these boys out save on wages and use transfer fees to bring in a top top player experienced in league , excellent at his job and protecting a fragile back 4 which is what we have or had in May !! Again it didn't happen so move onto next dm target .. Is it not possible someone At Spurs would not know that there was good chance he wud not join spurs so instead go aggressive for number 2 target at same time to bed in with new centre halves pre season ??? Or was it a case of all eggs in one basket ?? We sold several cms and not one to replace 3 or 4 out ??

At This point we now have two main positions sorted and back bone of side sorted big time .. We got alder weld and tripper pretty much sorted at end of season IMO just had to let it go the course before confirming .. Again same with wimmer ... That wud leave us with sorting out wing forward positions and seen what happens with offers for Townsend and Lamela .. That's how I wud have played it and demanded it ..

Reality is we still arsing around for a dm we still scratching around for a winger and same with forward .. Why ?? Cos levy is tight as fudge and refuses to cough up money even a little to push us on .. Even with bale money We spent nothing that summer .. Moral of all this .. Show a bit of ambition and support manager on the field .. Money is be all with power boys at Spurs and they spin it in such a way that reflects well on them .. I realise new stadium , I realise no champions league but u cut your cloth knowing this in months leading up to and thinking of summer and what u and bosses want ... I knew we would sell all the players we have .. What we got was a bonus but plAyers who wud make us stronger should have been more aggressively sought IMO ... And from clubs only willing to sell ...

Last edited:
My argument all along has been .. Right sit down and identify for example player like martial who I believe was our main target I think .. It's been quoted they wanted 25€ ??? Bid it get deal done .. Striker position sorted ... And a transfer very doable early cos manaco not huge team and French teams always sell ... Even if it 20€ then at least you have room to negotiate between these 2 figures ..

Berahino again a player always on market from team who will cave to a top 5 team . They want 20 ? Bid 15 and go aggressive early demanding answer .. If west brom want to arse around n wait till August for Emirates Marketing Project to sort their **** out , fine tell the player listen bud our ship is sailing here u want on or not ?? .. If player truly wants to come he will do what it takes ... And if not move on to next target

Centre midfield .. Again first target was schnderlein very obvious .. Lots of manoeuvring going on and all we did was arse around hoping United wud go elsewhere and Ar5ena1 not cough money allowing us to pounce .. It didn't happen and again our own fault .. This player wanted to leave for year and half and we still couldn't get a deal .. Champions league is a bonus but not a deal breAker , money is !! We sold holtby Paulinho capoue and stamboli and were always selling this lot in siniliar position to this lad .. Attitude should have been right get all these boys out save on wages and use transfer fees to bring in a top top player experienced in league , excellent at his job and protecting a fragile back 4 which is what we have or had in May !! Again it didn't happen so move onto next dm target .. Is it not possible someone At Spurs not know that there was good chance he wud join spurs so instead go aggressive for number 2 target at same time to bed in with new centre halves pre season ???

At This point we now have two main positions sorted and back bone of side sorted big time .. We got alder weld and tripper pretty much sorted at end of season IMO just had to let it go the course before confirming .. Again same with wimmer ... That wud leave us with sorting out wing forward positions and seen what happens with offers for Townsend and Lamela .. That's how I wud have played it and demanded it ..

Reality is we still arsing around for a dm we still scratching around for a winger and same with forward .. Why ?? Cos levy is tight as **** and refuses to cough up money even a little to push us on .. Even with bale money We spent nothing that summer .. Moral of all this .. Show a bit of ambition and support manager on the field .. Money is be all with power boys at Spurs and they spin it in such a way that reflects well on them .. I realise new stadium , I realise no champions league but u cut your cloth knowing this in months leading up to and thinking of summer and what u and bosses want ... I knew we would sell all the players we have .. What we got was a bonus but plAyers who wud make us stronger should have been more aggressively sought IMO ... And from clubs only willing to sell ...

So your answer is throwing money at it? What happens if you still cannot sign your first choice targets because they want to wait to see if a bigger club comes in for them?

So your answer is throwing money at it? What happens if you still cannot sign your first choice targets because they want to wait to see if a bigger club comes in for them?
That's fair enough .. Move o to next target or even At same time if u feel player a won't sign !! Our manger told us in May about been specific and knowing what was needed and any proper club have targets in mind from previous windows to next windows so I just don't get how 48 hrs before start of another season and with our whole club all about challenging and wanting to get into a top 4 of a hard difficult league that we have not strengthened midfield or forward areas with some class ? Why ? Two reasons ... Levy and money .. Not a dig at levy . What he doing with stadium is great but fudge me show just a little ambition !! I'm not talking bout spending 45 m on benzema .. I'm not talking about spending 30m on depay or blowing 32m on benteke .. I'm talking 20m tops on a martial , same with berahino .. I have no idea about this Lyon lad but he scored 8 goals and got 9 assists in French league and we refuse to pay 15€ To get him in which is a pittance compared to our rivals .. It's not a case here if keeping up with the Jones but push the boat alittle .. We could very easily get mullered on Saturday 3 ,4, 5 nil IMO .. That's not been pessimistic just been realistic there .. Apart from Kane not one player can or will give it up to United sat .. Hope I'm wrong but players should have been brought in well before now to make us a strong effective unit .. I hope I'm totally wrong and we Nick something but for me my attitude with Spurs like all seasons is pure excitement at very start of season , dreAm the dream but soon realise the season very quickly starts in September 2 ..

Lol it's s crap read anyway haha but far from a rant .. Jist of it is we wait till last minute in hope of getting someone on the cheap that's it ..

90% of transfers are done towards the close of the window. Why do you think we should be any different?

That's fair enough .. Move o to next target or even At same time if u feel player a won't sign !! Our manger told us in May about been specific and knowing what was needed and any proper club have targets in mind from previous windows to next windows so I just don't get how 48 hrs before start of another season and with our whole club all about challenging and wanting to get into a top 4 of a hard difficult league that we have not strengthened midfield or forward areas with some class ? Why ? Two reasons ... Levy and money .. Not a dig at levy . What he doing with stadium is great but **** me show just a little ambition !! I'm not talking bout spending 45 m on benzema .. I'm not talking about spending 30m on depay or blowing 32m on benteke .. I'm talking 20m tops on a martial , same with berahino .. I have no idea about this Lyon lad but he scored 8 goals and got 9 assists in French league and we refuse to pay 15€ To get him in which is a pittance compared to our rivals .. It's not a case here if keeping up with the Jones but push the boat alittle .. We could very easily get mullered on Saturday 3 ,4, 5 nil IMO .. That's not been pessimistic just been realistic there .. Apart from Kane not one player can or will give it up to United sat .. Hope I'm wrong but players should have been brought in well before now to make us a strong effective unit .. I hope I'm totally wrong and we Nick something but for me my attitude with Spurs like all seasons is pure excitement at very start of season , dreAm the dream but soon realise the season very quickly starts in September 2 ..

It's difficult to respond to that because it is a bit of a stream of consciousness but the jist of it seems to be paying full whack to secure targets early. Do you accept that if you do that we may have to either bring in less players than we would like or make a loss this year? What impact do you think bringing in young players on bigger wages than our home grown players could have?

90% of transfers are done towards the close of the window. Why do you think we should be any different?
Well that's poch job that's baldini and levy job ... Chelsea fine their business good or bad , Liverpool done their business good or bad , arsenal basically done their business good or bad .. All we done is get rid of players who should have been gone in previous windows IMO .. And not significantly strengthened or attacking areas or midfield when we had months to do so ? Why ? Cos levy feels he can get Lyon lad , west brom lad and whatever dm they targeting on the cheap cheap ... Bad skills really if not talking about much money difference in the whole scheme of things

Well that's poch job that's baldini and levy job ... Chel53a fine their business good or bad , Liverpool done their business good or bad , Ar5ena1 basically done their business good or bad .. All we done is get rid of players who should have been gone in previous windows IMO .. And not significantly strengthened or attacking areas or midfield when we had months to do so ? Why ? Cos levy feels he can get Lyon lad , west brom lad and whatever dm they targeting on the cheap cheap ... Bad skills really if not talking about much money difference in the whole scheme of things

Liverpool got their business done early by paying big wages and transfer fees. Most people on here agreed that Benteke was not worth £32.5m - Liverpool seemed to agree but then caved in and coughed up. Danny Ings is reportedly being paid £70k a week, if we had brought him in for that, what would Kane and Bentaleb be asking for? Milner is being paid over £150k a week, should we be matching those kind of wages?

Liverpool got their business done early by paying big wages and transfer fees. Most people on here agreed that Benteke was not worth £32.5m - Liverpool seemed to agree but then caved in and coughed up. Danny Ings is reportedly being paid £70k a week, if we had brought him in for that, what would Kane and Bentaleb be asking for? Milner is being paid over £150k a week, should we be matching those kind of wages?
Obviously not and in there lays what I'm saying .. Would martial have demanded 100k a week or even 70k like ings !? I doubt it ? Schnderlein yes could demand big wages but he wyd be worth it IMO and replacing adebayors wages or close to that with his be so bad ?? Even take him out of equation wud a Kramer , wud a bender. WAnt 100k a week ??? I doubt it .. Berahino on 15 k at west brom .. If we went to him and said we really wNt u and wAnt to pay u 50 or 60k a week, which is prob ess than Kane I'm sure but enough to force lad to push move thru wud he still be hanging on for city ??? These figures not huge and no where near liverpools .. But we still significantly make us stronger IMO .. All good in theory but we not signed anyone cos in reality midfielders and forwards cost more money and demand more wages so levy is waiting till last possible minute to get cheap deal or say cheaper deal maybe than he wud have got in May or June .. Some cases that's not even the case and selling clubs refuse to budge

Obviously not and in there lays what I'm saying .. Would martial have demanded 100k a week or even 70k like ings !? I doubt it ? Schnderlein yes could demand big wages but he wyd be worth it IMO and replacing adebayors wages or close to that with his be so bad ?? Even take him out of equation wud a Kramer , wud a bender. WAnt 100k a week ??? I doubt it .. Berahino on 15 k at west brom .. If we went to him and said we really wNt u and wAnt to pay u 50 or 60k a week, which is prob ess than Kane I'm sure but enough to force lad to push move thru wud he still be hanging on for city ??? These figures not huge and no where near liverpools .. But we still significantly make us stronger IMO .. All good in theory but we not signed anyone cos in reality midfielders and forwards cost more money and demand more wages so levy is waiting till last possible minute to get cheap deal or say cheaper deal maybe than he wud have got in May or June .. Some cases that's not even the case and selling clubs refuse to budge

I have no idea what Martial would have asked for but he has not moved clubs this summer, so we do not know whether we could have got him even if we had paid more.

Do you think that we could have out bid Manchester United for Schneiderlin? What do you reckon that would have cost in transfer fees and wages?

I agree that we could put Adebayor's wages to better use, I doubt many would disagree. The problem is finding a club to take him off of the wage bill.

Berahino may be a target but we do not know what is going on there. West Brom claim we have not made a bid. So I find it difficult to under why you are so certain why we have not managed to close the deal.

Keith mate, do you know where we are both financially and on the pitch?? I'd say not, financially neither am I, but I think that I grasp our current model better than you. We cannot afford the wages of top players, nor can we afford the transfer fees and we can't just force through transfers for players who don't want to come. For all your protestations, Champions League football does draw a different calibre of player, not to mention the extra revenue we could use to buy said players, but again we cannot sustain those players' wages without a sustainable model. If we go out and spend £70-80 million net in one season and pay 4-5 players in excess of £150k we will start to struggle long term without constant financial backing.

Two of your examples are players who didn't want to come. Martial signed a new deal with Monaco (whose manager actually said he didn't want to lose the player). It's almost like the Kane to Man UTD situation, they want him, but he doesn't want to go and his manager wants to keep him. Can you imagine the fallout if we had sold Kane behind the managers back? Schneiderlin again made us wait. He always wanted Champions League football and he made it clear that we were not his first choice. If reports are to be believed we had the cash to buy him, it was simply a case of us being made to wait by the player. You could argue that that move may have affected us on a larger scale as we waited around longer than we probably should have.

We cannot compete financially with the big boys. We have to wait for them to do their shopping and go home before we make our bids, because they will gazump us if we bid for something they want. Even if they aren't serious, they can fake interest to get the selling club to up the price by £5-10 million, draw out talks and float ideas into the players head until that player has eyes for only one club and one set of wages. We have to wait, because at the end of the day there are some players out there who could play for the clubs above us. They know it and we know it but when we come around towards the end of the window, they are far more likely to say yes knowing that we are their best choice than to sit around whilst their agent flirts with other clubs trying to push them into making a move. I'd rather wait til later on and get the better quality players for affordable wages than spend stupid money and bankrupt the club.

The problem with that approach is that I don't think you would get first, second, third or fourth choice in some cases, especially when you are looking for players to improve the squad. I don't think placing deadlines works for clubs who don't really want to sell their players. We didn't want to sell Bale to Real Madrid. Did we accept their first bid? No, we dragged it out and got every single penny that we could from RM. Same with Modric, same with Berbatov and same with Carrick.

Clubs, agents and players shift the goal posts all the time in transfers. Other clubs play silly buggers. i.e. telling players "we're interested in you and will bid. We just need to get rid of some dross first, or we just want to make your club sweat". It's just not simple to go in and just say "here's £20m. Give us Martial."

Levy, Baldini, Mitchell and Poch all know that it would be better to get players earlier and I'm sure they have worked hard to try and get that. If it doesn't' happen, I'm sure it is not for the lack of trying and either because the price being quoted is too high, the club are waiting for a higher offer or the player is waiting for another club. If we take VdV as an example, we would never have signed him under your approach as they didn't want to sell him earlier in the window. If we take Lloris as an example, we would have paid up to £5m more to get him a couple of weeks earlier than we did. That could have been the difference between signing another player in another position that we needed.

Football transfers are a game of poker unless you've got enough chips to brick the other players up. Calling their bluff could work out really well but could also mean game over very quickly!

Levy, Baldini, Mitchell and Poch all know that it would be better to get players earlier and I'm sure they have worked hard to try and get that. If it doesn't' happen, I'm sure it is not for the lack of trying

This is key.

Whatever else anyone believes about our transfer strategy, they surely can't believe that those who make the decisions are deliberately sabotaging our chances by leaving everything until the last moment.

Our targets this summer were / are martial , berahino , njie Werner ?? Apparently .. Now if these players are or were targets I guarentee too levy wud not pay more than 60k a week max on wages for any of them and rightly so and I think players would be happy with that even half in some cases .. Up and coming your. Players with reputations of been next best things so I do nt think it's unreasonable for a club like Spurs to afford these wages and fees .. If we can't sign players like this we are truly fudged IMO .. It won't or doesn't break the bank and my point was if indeed we targeted these players why didn't we sign them already ..

Back