• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Final - Germany vs Argentina

Gotta do it at a World Cup though mate, he's been good but not anywhere near good enough to be put on maradona's level IMO.

He's the best player in the world, but this was his chance to move from the Zidane level to the pele maradona level and he's not been close to doing that.

Why? Champions League is a more prestigious tournament.

Why? Champions League is a more prestigious tournament.

Why not, maradona did it at every level he played in numerous different teams, messi's done it with Barcelona only, surely you can see the difference? Why does messi get a pass on this?

Why not, maradona did it at every level he played in numerous different teams, messi's done it with Barcelona only, surely you can see the difference? Why does messi get a pass on this?

Maradona took his team to one world cup. Messi took his team to 4 CLs. I see no issue.

Using your analogy, R9 has done it at every level with numerous teams, single handedly took his team to WC final and scored 2 in the final. Yet why is he never spoken about in the same light as Maradona or Pelee? let alone Messi

Last edited:

Ask yourself why he would want to leave Barcelona. I know Pele was great in World Cups, but no one mentions that he only did it at club level for Santos. I do agree that Messi can't be considered better than Maradona.

Maradona took his team to one world cup. Messi took his team to 4 CLs. I see no issue.

Using your analogy, R9 has done it at every level with numerous teams, single handedly took his team to WC final and scored 2 in the final. Yet why is he never spoken about in the same light as Maradona or Pelee? let alone Messi

Injuries I guess, but I do have him on the same level as messi and Zidane.

Ask yourself why he would want to leave Barcelona. I know Pele was great in World Cups, but no one mentions that he only did it at club level for Santos. I do agree that Messi can't be considered better than Maradona.

I'm not suggesting he should, just highlighting that this was his chance to show he could do it for another team, another set up, but he didn't really.

Of course not, he's somewhere between the two.

Saying he's terrible is just as ridiculous as the media suckoff he gets all the time.

I feel the same way about Beckham. Unbelivable professional and ambassador for the game, but no idea why people speak so highly of him as a player.

I'm not suggesting he should, just highlighting that this was his chance to show he could do it for another team, another set up, but he didn't really.

At international level, he still needs to win a tournament 100% agree. But at club level I really don't think he has anything left to prove. In fact, it's hard to pick a player who has achieved more at club level.

Back