• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Quarter Finals

Has Dele really been as bad as some pundits are making out? He was brilliant for the 25 minutes he was fit vs Tunisia and made some really good contributions against Colombia.

No he has not been that bad at all, his problem is that i do not think he is fully fit which is not helping him. As you say for 25 minutes he was really in the game and then got that injury.

No he has not been that bad at all, his problem is that i do not think he is fully fit which is not helping him. As you say for 25 minutes he was really in the game and then got that injury.

He ran loads on Tuesday but was kicked to bits

Again I think the fitness think is being raised by plenty as he had that breakdown at the end of the first half but it was after being kicked in the nads

With Deli they are upset with him as he is not doing what they are expecting him to do rather than looking at the job he is actually doing imo he is being asked to do a lot of covering and running and doing it well.

He was the only one who was trying the low percentage balls in the final third that if they come off we may actually have a clear chance on goal, when they don't however it does look bad.

I must be bias but I think he did a really good team job on Tuesday.

All the 4 Quarter Finals matches looks like will be very tight matches. But just imagine, if all the big teams had progressed as expected, the Quarter Final matches would have been Uruguay V France, Brazil V Belgium, Spain V Argentina and Germany V England instead. The absence of Spain, Argentina and Germany have really made one half of the knockout very weak indeed.

Uruguay V France will be all about defence against attack. I think Uruguay's defence have been the best in this World Cup as they have only conceded 1 goal in 4 matches. But Uruguay's attack have not been very fluent wit Suarez struggling. Cavani did well to score 2 goals against Portugal but he won't be fully fit for this match. France scored 4 goals against Argentina but conceded 3 goals as well. This shows France's defence is vulnerable if put under pressure. Won't be surprised if this match goes into penalty shootout.

Brazil V Belgium is going to be a very tight match. Brazil have only conceded 1 goal so far, just like Uruguay. Strangely, Brazil's defence seems to be much better than their attack in this World Cup. Neymar has not been convincing so far despite scoring 2 goals. Belgium, as usual, have been very inconsistent so far in this World Cup. Belgium were very lucky to come from 0-2 down to beat Japan in the Round Of 16. Unlike Brazil, Belgium's defence have looked shaky in this World Cup, despite having Vertonghen and Alderweireld in defence. Let's see which Brazil and Belgium will turn up for this match.

Surprised that FIFA didn't implement the ABBA penalty shootout format in this World Cup. Thought it was on trial in many countries since last year to be included in this World Cup. Not sure if it was a failure as didn't read much about that in the media. So far, all the 3 teams who took the penalties first had lost in the World Cup. It seems like the pressure is greater on teams taking penalties first. Thought this ABBA format would have made sure all the teams don't get any unfavourable advantage in the penalties.

Frankly, the Colombian player was pushing with his head instead of head butting. The real head butt is what Zidane did to Materazzi in the 2006 World Cup Final. It probably would have been a red card had Henderson went down clutching his chest or jaw, the point of contacts. Instead, he went down clutching his face, meaning he was making the most of the situation and trying to get the Colombian player send off which was what the ref and VAR must have noticed.

This reminded me of the pedants who claimed that what Zidane did to Materazzi was a "chest butt". Not that I am one to encourage, pedantry, of course. ;)

Is it possible to butt with any other part of the body than the head? A buttbutt, for instance?

We're used to seeing any deliberate contact above the neckline resulting in a red card in the UK, which is why so many on here were expecting the Colombian to be sent off. For the same reason, Stones stepping over a prone Colombian and clipping his face would have been a sending off offence had it been deemed deliberate but it looked accidental enough for him to get away with it; certainly more accidental, say, than Lamela not realising he was treading on Fibreglass's hand that time ...

Surprised that FIFA didn't implement the ABBA penalty shootout format in this World Cup. Thought it was on trial in many countries since last year to be included in this World Cup. Not sure if it was a failure as didn't read much about that in the media. So far, all the 3 teams who took the penalties first had lost in the World Cup. It seems like the pressure is greater on teams taking penalties first. Thought this ABBA format would have made sure all the teams don't get any unfavourable advantage in the penalties.

The winner takes it all, my friend.

All the 4 Quarter Finals matches looks like will be very tight matches. But just imagine, if all the big teams had progressed as expected, the Quarter Final matches would have been Uruguay V France, Brazil V Belgium, Spain V Argentina and Germany V England instead. The absence of Spain, Argentina and Germany have really made one half of the knockout very weak indeed.
Disagree. Those teams that have progressed, have done so because they have been better than those who didn't.

The ABBA penalty format was a UEFA trial. FIFA and UEFA rarely do anything the same way.

Great pace to the start of the game. Uruguay looking good. How about that mbappe though, beast!

Back