• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Quarter Finals

Agree with all of that but the last line. I certainly wouldn't be starting a midfielder without vision - especially not in a team struggling to create as much as England is.
"would start him over the alternatives" - struggling to see an alternative as the "defensive midfielder", would have started with Dier at the outset but think its difficult to make the case for swapping him now.

"would start him over the alternatives" - struggling to see an alternative as the "defensive midfielder", would have started with Dier at the outset but think its difficult to make the case for swapping him now.
My preference would be Dier, followed by Delph (who I don't really rate). Loftus-Cheek and Henderson are much of a muchness - maybe just Henderson due to experience.

I agree where the article says that he sets the tempo and style of our play. Our play is that of a team that would be fudged without set pieces. Despite having the world's most prolific striker up front for us.

In fact, that article sums up much of what's been wrong with English football for a long time now.
"Never mind that he's not much of a footballer, Henderson has heart."
"Never mind that he's not much of a footballer, Henderson runs a lot."
"Never mind that he's not much of a footballer, Henderson loves his team."
"Never mind that he's not much of a footballer, Henderson shouts when he's on the pitch."

Football for the cognitively challenged.

I agree where the article says that he sets the tempo and style of our play. Our play is that of a team that would be fudged without set pieces. Despite having the world's most prolific striker up front for us.

In fact, that article sums up much of what's been wrong with English football for a long time now.
"Never mind that he's not much of a footballer, Henderson has heart."
"Never mind that he's not much of a footballer, Henderson runs a lot."
"Never mind that he's not much of a footballer, Henderson loves his team."
"Never mind that he's not much of a footballer, Henderson shouts when he's on the pitch."

Football for the cognitively challenged.
I knew you'd enjoy it!

I am ok with the defense recycling possession rather than playing a low percentage ball, it appears to be by design when the defenders do it, moving the ball side to side looking for gaps, with Henderson you want him playing that ball but he is unable to.

All IMO obviously,
Not talking about intentional slowing the game, that's quite different to what Walker does. I have no problem with that kind of game management, it's reassuring to see England have the nous to do that. No, what Walker does is persistently sabotage promising attacks because he wants too much time to play what should be the obvious forward ball.

He gets a long way up the pitch, the forwards are doing their best to provide him with a target but instead of putting the early ball in he stops, looks around, ignores the likes of Trippier and Lingard who are busting a gut to make sure they're in ample space, before passing sideways or back to the keeper. So it's not as if there are no decent forward options on, the problem is -imo - entirely down to Walker's habit of hesitating after he's made a forward run.

He who hesitates is lost.

Yes only the English know how to win brick.

Although 1966 England still won something I don't remember any of the other "home" nations getting past the quarter finals in anything and in the case of some of them even to a tournament in the last 20 years. Or a non English club side getting anywhere in a European competition for longer than i can remember so yeah an englishman probably cvan talk better about progressing in tournaments without any crass anti-english bias due to having a brick national/club team.

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them suspended while nothing happens to Swiss players for their gestures that actually happened during a game.

Sending provocative messages about the host team that you have just beaten, especially when you are still there, is not only stupid but arrogant as well. It can easily lead to crowd trouble. They deserved to get banned from football. There seem to be too many political messages by the players nowadays. FIFA should come down hard on them or soon football will be full of politics everywhere. Never liked Croatia as a nation or team. They always seem to arrogant and proud of their Nazi connection as well.

Remind me what happened at the last euros, think you’ll find it was your Russian fans that were the trouble makers!

All the countries have football hooligan problems but it has become something like a culture in England. Just imagine, over 40,000 South American fans visited Russia during the World Cup but there were no news about them creating any problems. In contrast, there were about 2,000 England fans and there were reports about them singing racist songs, fighting with each other and defacing statue in Russia.

All the countries have football hooligan problems but it has become something like a culture in England. Just imagine, over 40,000 South American fans visited Russia during the World Cup but there were no news about them creating any problems. In contrast, there were about 2,000 England fans and there were reports about them singing racist songs, fighting with each other and defacing statue in Russia.

Take off the blinkers. No English person would deny there are idiots (at best) and hooligans (at worst) who follow England (amongst all the genuine non-trouble seeking fans). But news of other nations' fans causing trouble isn't that hard to find :
A random google of "Brazil fans arrested at World Cup" brought up this from the sun
BRAWL CLUB
World Cup 2018: Police arrest nine as Brazil and Serbia fans trade blows amid crowd trouble at Spartak Stadium

Take off the blinkers. No English person would deny there are idiots (at best) and hooligans (at worst) who follow England (amongst all the genuine non-trouble seeking fans). But news of other nations' fans causing trouble isn't that hard to find :
A random google of "Brazil fans arrested at World Cup" brought up this from the sun
BRAWL CLUB
World Cup 2018: Police arrest nine as Brazil and Serbia fans trade blows amid crowd trouble at Spartak Stadium
No hope with this one unfortunately, he’s well and truly brain washed by the regime!

BRAWL CLUB

Must have missed that. But you will agree that England fans have reputation as trouble makers more than others. At least that's what the rest of the world sees through the media.

Must have missed that. But you will agree that England fans have reputation as trouble makers more than others. At least that's what the rest of the world sees through the media.

England has a reputation from decades ago, which is why they are often targeted by hooligans from countries. Incidents in more recent times usually involve Russians or other eastern Europeans.

Actually over here we see Russia and maybe Italy as being the worst

It’s all numbers though. England normally have the most fans travel and are the ones challenged the most by wannabe hooligans

This WC England fans haven’t travelled, the Russian hooligans have been put in prison and low and behold it’s drunkwn scuffles from other countries.... but their not big news

The most aggressive fan I’ve seen there is Maradonna which says a lot

Back