• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Quarter Finals

I'd agree that he gave them the benefit of the doubt. I haven't seen a ref give cards for players harassing them this world cup, so I don't think we can get too upset about it not happening last night.
We’ve not seen a team hold up the taking of a penalty for 3 minutes before though and one of their players scuffing up the penalty spot.

We’ve also not seen a trainer barge in to an opposing player as he’s running off the pitch for half time either.

We’ve not seen a team hold up the taking of a penalty for 3 minutes before though and one of their players scuffing up the penalty spot.

We’ve also not seen a trainer barge in to an opposing player as he’s running off the pitch for half time either.

I don’t think 3 mins is that much above the average.

Didn’t one of the German coaches do exactly the same to a Swedish counterpart?

The only surprise I have with Colombia’s performance is that they went down that route rather than trying to outplay us with an arguably more technical and certainly faster group of players.

The only surprise I have with Colombia’s performance is that they went down that route rather than trying to outplay us with an arguably more technical and certainly faster group of players.
I’d say it’s about double the average!

Regardless, it's totally unacceptable and FIFA needs to stamp on it. But of course they won't so it will just carry on escalating until eventually a ref gets physically manhandled or something.

Don't blame him. Reports say there are many Argentinian fans like him who are stranded in Russia because they had booked tickets for the Final thinking Argentina will qualify only to see them going out in the Second Round. Now they need to adopt other teams to support while they are there. Regarding the England-Colombia match, I thought it was not a wise decision to pick an American referee. People are always going to think American referees will favour England. They should pick more "neutral" referees from top leagues for the knockout stages.

I was just wondering if his interest in Colombia was to do with his alleged pastimes.

Absolutely this.

I think Barrios getting away with the use of the head was balanced out by Stones(?) not being punished for treading on the ankle of the Colombian player when he was down - if these two incidents were looked at by VAR I suspect both offenders could have been sent off.

Among the 8 teams in the Quarter Finals, England are the only team to have conceded goals in all their 4 matches so far. This is also the first time that England have not kept a clean sheet in the group stages of the World Cup and the longest(4 matches) they have gone without keeping a clean sheet in the World Cup. Is this the worst ever England defence in World Cup history ?

I think Barrios getting away with the use of the head was balanced out by Stones(?) not being punished for treading on the ankle of the Colombian player when he was down - if these two incidents were looked at by VAR I suspect both offenders could have been sent off.
I missed the stones incident, he stamped on someone? Surprised I haven’t heard about it or the Colombians and Maradona haven’t moaned about it since.

EDIT: Just googled, John Stones stamp v Colombia and nothing came up, so I’ve still not seen this potential red card incident.

Last edited:
Among the 8 teams in the Quarter Finals, England are the only team to have conceded goals in all their 4 matches so far. This is also the first time that England have not kept a clean sheet in the group stages of the World Cup and the longest(4 matches) they have gone without keeping a clean sheet in the World Cup. Is this the worst ever England defence in World Cup history ?
:D

Going in to the last 16 game against Colombia, they had only conceded a goal in their first match of the tournament, when they were down to 10 men, the following 2 games they kept clean sheets. As you’ve pointed out previously, Eng’s group was by far the weakest so you’d think Colombia would roll us over wouldn’t you, based on those stats you are cherry picking of course.

Make out of that what you will!

Refereeing has been on the whole excellent in the WC.
Columbia got away with blatant cheating though and the ref should have red carded the head butt, to assert his dwindling authority.
So I didn’t rate the US referee because he was weak! Boy didn’t the Columbians realise this and take full advantage.

Refereeing has been on the whole excellent in the WC.
Columbia got away with blatant cheating though and the ref should have red carded the head butt, to assert his dwindling authority.
So I didn’t rate the US referee because he was weak! Boy didn’t the Columbians realise this and take full advantage.

Frankly, the Colombian player was pushing with his head instead of head butting. The real head butt is what Zidane did to Materazzi in the 2006 World Cup Final. It probably would have been a red card had Henderson went down clutching his chest or jaw, the point of contacts. Instead he went down clutching his face, meaning he was making the most of the situation and trying to get the Colombian player send off which was what the ref and VAR must have noticed.

No chance, Maguire and Stones have been excellent and Walker has not done bad either. The games changed pure and simple.

Frankly, the Colombian player was pushing with his head instead of head butting. The real head butt is what Zidane did to Materazzi in the 2006 World Cup Final. It probably would have been a red card had Henderson went down clutching his chest or jaw, the point of contacts. Instead he went down clutching his face, meaning he was making the most of the situation and trying to get the Colombian player send off which was what the ref and VAR must have noticed.
:D
Is that the equivalent of running in to someone’s fist!!??

Point being though we’ve seen sendings off for WAY less than that!

You mean he was nuzzling Henderson?

Has Dele really been as bad as some pundits are making out? He was brilliant for the 25 minutes he was fit vs Tunisia and made some really good contributions against Colombia.

Last edited:

Hahahah whatever

I missed the stones incident, he stamped on someone? Surprised I haven’t heard about it or the Colombians and Maradona haven’t moaned about it since.

EDIT: Just googled, John Stones stamp v Colombia and nothing came up, so I’ve still not seen this potential red card incident.

It was in no way a stamp but he definitely trod on the guy and left his foot there for longer than you would if you had done it by accident. He absolutely knew what he was doing, IMO, and he deffo got away with it.

They deserved a bit of rough treatment, the Colombians, as they were at it all game.

Back