• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Quarter Finals

England hardly look like scoring from open play. Sweden will sit deep and compact. It will be frustrating, and much like last night I imagine.

Though I dont think Sweden will be such dirty clams as Colombia were

Don't know if correct, but I seem to remember that England usually have struggled when facing Sweden? They don't really have any stand out players, but as a unit they are a really strong team.

Yeh had some tough games but lets not lose sight that they have Seb Larson in midfield, we should steamroll them.

Not one team worries me

England hardly look like scoring from open play. Sweden will sit deep and compact. It will be frustrating, and much like last night I imagine.

Though I dont think Sweden will be such dirty clams as Colombia were

Agreed. Sweden are very solid at the back, without playing dirty. They are a very good team unit; well organised and playing for each other. Not having Zlatan in the squad is a big positive for them, IMO.

Pretty poor up front though, so I can easily see a 0-0, with extra time and penalties.

We have had only 2 all-South American finals, 8 all-European finals and 10 South American-European finals in the World Cup. Too bad we still never had any Brazil-Argentina final in the World Cup which would have been a brilliant final. In fact, we have never had any all-South American final in the World Cup since 1950. With 1 European team now guaranteed to be in the Final, Brazil or Uruguay must make sure they reach the Final from the other half of the draw. Another all-European final will really spoil the World Cup like the boring 2006 and 2010 finals.

We have had only 2 all-South American finals, 8 all-European finals and 10 South American-European finals in the World Cup. Too bad we still never had any Brazil-Argentina final in the World Cup which would have been a brilliant final. In fact, we have never had any all-South American final in the World Cup since 1950. With 1 European team now guaranteed to be in the Final, Brazil or Uruguay must make sure they reach the Final from the other half of the draw. Another all-European final will really spoil the World Cup like the boring 2006 and 2010 finals.

Really!!!!!!!!!

Why would they be boring finals?

This has been the best World Cup in memory IMO and your already judging a final with 8 team season left in it

Could easily be France or Belgium through in their side and their not boring sides for a start

I wonder why he was backing Colombia so strongly...? :rolleyes:

Don't blame him. Reports say there are many Argentinian fans like him who are stranded in Russia because they had booked tickets for the Final thinking Argentina will qualify only to see them going out in the Second Round. Now they need to adopt other teams to support while they are there. Regarding the England-Colombia match, I thought it was not a wise decision to pick an American referee. People are always going to think American referees will favour England. They should pick more "neutral" referees from top leagues for the knockout stages.

Don't blame him. Reports say there are many Argentinian fans like him who are stranded in Russia because they had booked tickets for the Final thinking Argentina will qualify only to see them going out in the Second Round. Now they need to adopt other teams to support while they are there. Regarding the England-Colombia match, I thought it was not a wise decision to pick an American referee. People are always going to think American referees will favour England. They should pick more "neutral" referees from top leagues for the knockout stages.

gonad*s. The ref had a good game and got most of the big decisions right. Colombia would be complain about anyone who didn't let them get away with their gamesmanship.

gonads. The ref had a good game and got most of the big decisions right. Colombia would be complain about anyone who didn't let them get away with their gamesmanship.

Maybe they would have preferred the referee from the England/Tunisia game, who routinely ignored the constant fouling of Kane in the box. That referee being.....Colombian.

gonads. The ref had a good game and got most of the big decisions right. Colombia would be complain about anyone who didn't let them get away with their gamesmanship.
Actually thought the ref was weak, he let them get away with murder. The Headbutt is a straight red, simple as that, if you think what Beckham was sent off for 20 years ago it tinkles me off even more!

He also let them harass him all night, the pen incident was a disgrace, VAR should have been all over that. I’ve absolutely no idea how Colombia finished the game with 11 men (or little bitches as I think of them now).

I think you have to be on something to watch that game and think the ref was in anyway bias to England, a better/stronger ref and we’d have been playing against 9/10 players.

Actually thought the ref was weak, he let them get away with murder. The Headbutt is a straight red, simple as that, if you think what Beckham was sent off for 20 years ago it tinkles me off even more!

He also let them harass him all night, the pen incident was a disgrace, VAR should have been all over that. I’ve absolutely no idea how Colombia finished the game with 11 men (or little bitches as I think of them now).

I think you have to be on something to watch that game and think the ref was in anyway bias to England, a better/stronger ref and we’d have been playing against 9/10 players.

I'd agree that he gave them the benefit of the doubt. I haven't seen a ref give cards for players harassing them this world cup, so I don't think we can get too upset about it not happening last night.

Back