• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What if football was all fixed.

Also I remember reading that Interpol investigated Tomas Rosicky following the 4-4 match against Saudi Sportswashing Machine a few years back. Obviously nothing came of it, but imaging playing so poorly that you were investigated?

Maybe it was just doctors investigating to see if he really is a little bit downs.

Unfortunately it always has been. Sport has had the fix in since the 18th century. Can only get worse as the morals of professional athletes drop lower.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... Watching Grobelaar at the time I called it as a fix. He was deliberately jumping over shots. In my view as a fan, you can tell, you feel it in your gut. I got the same feeling watching WBA versus Arsenal.

People automatically assume that match fixing means the outcome of a game when really most of it is someone getting a yellow or red card or maybe a penalty. I can't see results being fixed as you would have to have some skill to score 90th minute screamers week in and week out to get the win / draw you have supposedly rigged.

Given some of the scum's results over the years, and some of the dodgy penalties, dubious off-side goals etc I would not be at all surprised if some games at the highest level are fixed.

Given some of the scum's results over the years, and some of the dodgy penalties, dubious off-side goals etc I would not be at all surprised if some games at the highest level are fixed.

Hate to agree with anything Chelsea orientated, but the semi final against Barca was very suspicious. I'm sure a fan of every club in the world would have some instance where they felt they were beaten due a dubious decision. I feel, given enough license to carry out an investigation, people high up in either UEFA or FIFA will have profited from some decisions in the past. I'm not talking on the pitch, more when players are getting fines, or not getting suspensions in a disciplinary

Scandalous.

Ha, ha. Yeah right how can matches be fixed? Anyone who believes that, must also believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden. What about the 1984 UEFA Cup semi final Anderlect V Aston Villa. It was provento be bent. The ref admitted it. I don't know how people can even question the credibility of this. Although the funny thing is, at that time, even if the ref, both linesman and the opposition goalie had taken bribes... I'd still expect Germany to win. :ross:

Last edited:
People automatically assume that match fixing means the outcome of a game when really most of it is someone getting a yellow or red card or maybe a penalty. I can't see results being fixed as you would have to have some skill to score 90th minute screamers week in and week out to get the win / draw you have supposedly rigged.

You would have rigged the result long before then so as to not worry about having to score a 90th minute 30yd screamer.

That said i don't think football is fixed but I'm sure there are some pieces of action within the game that can be, and are, fixed.

Absolutely. It is nearly always **** up rather than conspiracy.

I agree, but it would only take one instance of cheating and the whole thing falls down. Say a world cup match was fixed, the biggest competition in the sport, how would football regain credibility?

Italian football was in the doledrums for a long time because of corruption. I think many fans would turn away from watching if there was proof of any snide behaviour. It would be pointless paying to watch a match that the outcome is already decided upon. Very WWE-ish

There are different levels of fixed

- FIFA/UEFA -> massive corruption, contract/hosting awarding (proven), protectionist attitudes towards their marque brands
- Local Leagues -> again, something likes Cheat$ki's record of drawing non PL sides in cups over the last 7 odd years makes an interesting idea for review
- In game -> Ref's obviously pressured by crowd, managers like SAF who the ref knows will use the media to spacegoat them, tends to make 50/50 decisions go 70/30 (or something like that)
- Outright fixing -> where player/team is actually coerced or bribed to change result.

I think the first 3 are very common, last one less so in the top tier leagues. Outside of 3 or 4 leagues, e.g. in Asia, absolutely widespread.

To the OP's question, the only way I would stop watching Spurs is if I knew systematically Spurs management and players were directly involved. If we are just the victims of said system, it would hurt my love for the game, but not my club.

People would be amazed at just how little it sometimes costs to fix matches. The ref for the Anderlecht Aston Villa UEFA CUp semi was bought off with prostitutes.

[video=youtube;ZPd8YmFcvtQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPd8YmFcvtQ[/video]

Outrageous. Perfectly legitimate goals disallowed, fouls that weren't called, dodgy offside decisions, the Koreans played dirty... Clearly FIFA instructed the Refs to favour the hosts.

Last edited:
Back