• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What if football was all fixed.

Outrageous. Perfectly legitimate goals disallowed, fouls that weren't called, dodgy offside decisions, the Koreans played dirty... Clearly FIFA instructed the Refs to favour the hosts.

FIFA are known to be corrupt anyway. There was that documentary a couple of years back exposing the backhanders the various FIFA delegates take. There was that West Indian chap, can't remember his name - he was Blatters number 2 or something and was proven to be regularly on the take. Why would Qatar get the WC in 2022? I wouldn't mind betting there are a few of the FIFA delegates with a nice little bonus there.

Unfortunately power corrupts, it always has and it always will. Look at UEFA? A certain former French captains son is senior within his dad's UEFA "club"(I am sure his Dad pulled some strings for that one).

That 2002 WC footage is appalling - corruption at its most obvious.

I always thought France winning the WC in 98 was extremely dodgy. The golden goal, the fact they didnt actually have a striker (henry winger at the time) and the bizarre final. Both of Zidane's goals were identical soft headers and wtf was going on with Ronaldo and not playing but then playing etc. Very very dodgy imo.

I always thought France winning the WC in 98 was extremely dodgy. The golden goal, the fact they didnt actually have a striker (henry winger at the time) and the bizarre final. Both of Zidane's goals were identical soft headers and wtf was going on with Ronaldo and not playing but then playing etc. Very very dodgy imo.

Ronaldo had a fit the night before. He wasnt going to play as he wasnt in the line up but he came into the dressing room and pretty much demanded he played. What else are you going to do when the best striker in the world football says he wants to play in a World Cup final?

Weren't there also rumours that Nike who had just signed a huge sponsorship with the Brazilian FA demanded he play? Anyway, football is corrupt and has been for a very long time. This is beyond dispute I'm afraid.

football being corrupt is not the discussion here for me. We all know it exists in football at all levels.

The big question for me is to what level does corruption dictate the outcome of matches and how often it occurs? - if the answer is yes and often I would drop the game entirely, if it is sometimes I wouldnt go to any games anyore and would probably lose interest after the first "dodgy2 decision goes against us....

I believe this does happen, it is to coincidental all the dodgy decisions for it not to be...

but until there is proof... and if it exsists there will be.... I will carry on cheering on my beloved spurs

BbaY_1SIIAAt0Kz.jpg

I love little things like this.

even more intriguing than the korea vs spain game,

korea vs italy (2nd round in the 2002wc) - there were a number of highly questionable decisions that went Korea's way. Although there was no concrete evidence that the ref in that match (Byron Moreno) took part in match fixing, he received a number of extended bans in his domestic league in late 2002 after investigations. Also, he has a criminal record for drug smuggling.

The weird decisions in the korea/italy game, the domestic bans, and Moreno's like of money (highlighted by the drug smuggling), makes me believe that it is very very very likely that at least some worldcup games are fixed.

Anyone who's interested, should try to watch highlights from the korea/italy game, and google Byron Moreno.

korea vs italy (2nd round in the 2002wc) - there were a number of highly questionable decisions that went Korea's way. Although there was no concrete evidence that the ref in that match (Byron Moreno) took part in match fixing, he received a number of extended bans in his domestic league in late 2002 after investigations. Also, he has a criminal record for drug smuggling.

The weird decisions in the korea/italy game, the domestic bans, and Moreno's like of money (highlighted by the drug smuggling), makes me believe that it is very very very likely that at least some worldcup games are fixed.

Anyone who's interested, should try to watch highlights from the korea/italy game, and google Byron Moreno.

and it was a guy playing in Italys very own division that won the game for them. Who then got sacked because he had scored the goal that knocked the country out of the WC.

it was padova wasn't it?

didn't the chairman sack him for putting in more effort than he had ever done for them

and it was a guy playing in Italys very own division that won the game for them. Who then got sacked because he had scored the goal that knocked the country out of the WC.

and it was our very own y.p. lee that got the assist for that golden goal :eek:

it was padova wasn't it?

didn't the chairman sack him for putting in more effort than he had ever done for them

perugia. he sacked him i think probably because it was good publicity and somewhat funny i think.

the guy probably wasnt seria A standard, and didnt hold much of a value.

I must admit, I did enjoy the WC 2002 but looking back it is riddled with strange decisions. The Turkey sending off against Brazil etc.

I must admit, I did enjoy the WC 2002 but looking back it is riddled with strange decisions. The Turkey sending off against Brazil etc.

yh i enjoyed it too lol. although its probably because i was 12, and the first worldcup that i remember watching most of the matches.

if it was up to me, i wouldnt get referees from all over the world. i would just try to get the best refs (wherever they were from). and if this means that 90% of worlcup refs are from europe, then so be it. i think this would help seriously with the potential for match fixing.

It was the last World Cup I remember where I truly believed we had a chance :lol:

Crazy though to think that just 2 years later, we had Rooney in our team.

all sport is corrupt at a certain level, i bet regularly on all sports and see some very strange things going on which you don't notice if you're not aware of the "line" or the"total", but it does happen more at a lower level, and u cant bet on markets like first deadball situation anymore

Among the happy consequences of Fifa giving Qatar the World Cup: the formation of a new Qatari/Swiss sports marketing firm to "enhance the commercial value" of such events in the region. President of the new firm's parent company, Sepp's nephew Philippe Blatter, says: "We will meet this emerging demand."

Makes you wonder how he got FIFA accreditation to be a ref then.

Back